• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Everyone is using that Loadout. The jokes on you.

You need Stealth instead of Sensor :p

AR and boltshot?

After our first game:

rrKvp7N.jpg

Should I censor this?

MIMIC

Banned
So does that stability upgrade do anything (like work with a certain weapon or something)? I finally unlocked it. I went for it as soon as I read the description.

Fuchsdh

Needs more buttons for being a Forerunner theme.

Yuk yuk. Still lots of work to do but it's getting a bit closer... manually having to upload the files to the phone and respring is a pain for demo purposes. Some of the icons are pretty boring but I wanna get placeholders in first.

gWeBBAL.png

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Yuk yuk. Still lots of work to do but it's getting a bit closer... manually having to upload the files to the phone and respring is a pain for demo purposes. Some of the icons are pretty boring but I wanna get placeholders in first.

gWeBBAL.png

Dafuq? How do you get your app icons to look like that?

One time Razer was filming gameplay of Halo 4 at PAX and everytime the guy died we would tell him to get shit on. When the video game out it just had his mouth moving and loud music playing on top of him.

I can neither confirm nor deny that Yuhas was the ring leader and I also can neither confirm nor deny there was liquor on the show floor.

I can neither confirm nor deny that this definitely happened.

Tunavi

Banned
Watching Titan A.E. again, one of my favorite animated sci-fi films.

sogood.gif
The opening of that movie was fucking mind blowing at the time. so crazy.

ITS ON NETFLIX gonna watch that shit right now

lets see how my nostalgia holds up

yup, first 7 minutes are fucking awesome.

I actually like what they are doing with Halsey (her attachment to John and her frustration with everything) and Lasky is becoming a little more interesting. Roland is alright too. The other Spartans are throw-aways and Palmer has to be the worst character ever created. WORSE than Rico from Killzone.
I was only talking about the Spartan IVs. I love Halsey. Lasky and Roland are the best new character additions. Jul is an interesting character but I think it was a big mistake to keep him only Spartan Ops.

oh yeah. Palmer has a lot in common with Rico.

So does that stability upgrade do anything (like work with a certain weapon or something)? I finally unlocked it. I went for it as soon as I read the description.
It reduces flinch. It does not like a big game changer at the first glimpse but it gives big advantages on duels. Believe me.

Omni

Took a break from H4 and went back to BF3 tonight. Man the gunplay in that game is amazing... I love being pinned down and then pulling off some miracle shooting which gets me out of it. More satisfying that Halo even.

So when do we get info on the next map pack? Bulletin this week? or even another?
Majestic, in all of its small-sized map glory, is looking fabulous. We’ve been playtesting the heck out of it and have also shown it to press (and even some friends from across the pond this morning), and reception has been overwhelmingly positive. We’re getting close to lifting the curtain on this particular map pack, so sit tight for details and you will soon be rewarded for your patience. Another thing we’re currently focused on is the next Halo 4 title update. Relevant work is nearing completion, and it’s on track for a late February release. Once its contents are locked down, we’ll share some specifics. You can expect that to happen within the next two weeks.
Even if the two weeks referred to the title update, I would say you can expect the maps to be shown around that time too. Furthermore I think 343i will unveil Majestic after Season 1 of Spartan Ops has ended.

IHaveIce

Banned
bs angel said in a tweet she'd try to get more TU info for this week.

Majestic is likely going to be this week or next week.

Even if the two weeks referred to the title update, I would say you can expect the maps to be shown around that time too. Furthermore I think 343i will unveil Majestic after Season 1 of Spartan Ops has ended.

Ah thanks guys.

TU and new small maps, aww yiss <3

I hope they are "better" than the last DLC maps, eventhough I will say Harvest is a pretty good objective map for Flag.

Fuchsdh

Dafuq? How do you get your app icons to look like that?

Jailbreak via evasi0n. It's dead simple to do and if things go wrong you can pretty much just restore from a backup, so it's not a serious threat to your phone.

Once I'm done with it I'll prolly post the resources here and HBO so people can use it if they want.

FYC

Banned
Howdy HaloGAF, I have a quick question regarding the campaigns. What are some good recap videos of Halo 2, 3 and Reach? Or should I just watch a full Let's Play / read a plot summary?

I've played their campaigns a long time ago but never really got into the multiplayer and my brother lent me all the Halos, the only ones I've not gone through being CE, ODST and 4 so I'd like to try getting into 4's multiplayer. Without rambling much longer though, his discs for 2 / Reach are scratched to hell and back, meaning I can't replay them, so I'll need a refresher on the story after I beat CE. Then go into ODST, and finally, 4. Thanks in advance!

Oh and if anyone wants to play Halo 4 with me when I'm done that'd be cool we could be best friends and it'd be great yeah

Howdy HaloGAF, I have a quick question regarding the campaigns. What are some good recap videos of Halo 2, 3 and Reach? Or should I just watch a full Let's Play / read a plot summary?

I've played their campaigns a long time ago but never really got into the multiplayer and my brother lent me all the Halos, the only ones I've not gone through being CE, ODST and 4 so I'd like to try getting into 4's multiplayer. Without rambling much longer though, his discs for 2 / Reach are scratched to hell and back, meaning I can't replay them, so I'll need a refresher on the story after I beat CE. Then go into ODST, and finally, 4. Thanks in advance!

Oh and if anyone wants to play Halo 4 with me when I'm done that'd be cool we could be best friends and it'd be great yeah

Just rent Halo 2 & 3 and play them instead (or buy them, Halo 2 & 3 are dirt cheap now). They are really great campaigns, you won't regret it. As for a recap video, I don't know of one.

Omni

I'm actually gonna play some Halo 2 now. Delta Halo never gets old.

Anyone know if someone with a capture card has gone and made campaign panoramas or widescreen wallpapers in Halo 4? I need a new one and the lack of theatre stops me from doing it myself like I did with 3, Reach and ODST.

IHaveIce

Banned

I think eventhough the Halo 2 Legendary commentary by Bungie doesn't let you experience the whole story is worthful of watching. ( I'm on my mobile, I would give you a link if I weren't)

And the Story of Halo videos are already mentioned, but I think rebuying them for just a few bucks is the best solution.

forget reach, it is shit

And sure send me a friend request (GT IHaveAnIce) and mention who you are, if you want to play some mp.

Small maps and a TU sounds great :$
Hope they will make it good.

Classic Slayer <3
Yeah playing Haven all the time in Team Regicide gets boring after a while heh.

But this time they have to do it right with the TU, they have to implement it in every playlist, we can't have again different kind of settings across playlists like in Reach, this was terrible

Fuchsdh

I think eventhough the Halo 2 Legendary commentary by Bungie doesn't let you experience the whole story is worthful of watching. ( I'm on my mobile, I would give you a link if I weren't)

And the Story of Halo videos are already mentioned, but I think rebuying them for just a few bucks is the best solution.

forget reach, it is shit

And sure send me a friend request (GT IHaveAnIce) and mention who you are, if you want to play some mp.

Yeah playing Haven all the time in Team Regicide gets boring after a while heh.

But this time they have to do it right with the TU, they have to implement it in every playlist, we can't have again different kind of settings across playlists like in Reach, this was terrible

I think they learned their lesson with the TU; besides, most of the biggest changes are lumped in the "Infinity" label anyhow so you can modify weapon strengths, ordnance drops etc. without fundamentally changing the game. The TU was modifying a core mechanic unevenly; with Halo 4 most people's issues is simply stuff they added to the game.*

*The only thing that gives me pause about that is stability.

If the TU isn't implemented globally, it's going to fail. No matter how good it is. The main population won't even know a TU occurred and will be pounding the X button when the in-game message appears that describes it. They will play whatever's in front of them (nothing wrong with that). If there's a playlists or gametype that says "TU Slayer", no one's going to vote for it if they don't know what it is, especially over a name like "Infinity Slayer". Super Slayer in Reach proved this. They just want to play Halo. No need to keep an older version of the game for the people that don't care about the changes we're asking for.

FyreWulff

Or the map makers need to learn to just extend the hill zone for it so it covers the entire area. AKA make every dimension 100.

Trait zones are literally broken. Their settings reset when the map is saved or converted.

What you're seeing is the trait zone overriding the gametype settings. The gametype is set to no radar, the trait zone is giving radar back. Because the zone's properties reset when the map was saved or converted

Do you earn xp playing Spartan ops split screen not in matchmaking? I couldn't tell if I was earning any last night when I was trying Spartan ops for the first time.

Nowise10

Trait zones are literally broken. Their settings reset when the map is saved or converted.

What you're seeing is the trait zone overriding the gametype settings. The gametype is set to no radar, the trait zone is giving radar back. Because the zone's properties reset when the map was saved or converted

Well why does the map even have a trait zone on it then?

Top Bottom