• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Swordbase is not only disliked by HaloGAF. That map is a poor man's Boarding Action.

Bungie called it a redheaded stepchild between Prisoner and Boarding Action.

It was doomed from the start.

Can't believed they tainted Boarding Action with the utter shit sandwich with a side of diarhhea fries that was Prisoner. no not really

Why do all the maps in Halo 4 feel like they are a different scale to spartans

Its like 1.5 to 1 scale. When you consider spartans are taller than humans it means that its like Hobbits living in a world made for Gandalf.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Boarding Action is probably one of the worst maps in the Halo series, on so many fundamental levels, map flow being the biggest offense. Also, what Overdoziz said.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really want A50s, but damn, I can't justify $300 for a headset.

I'm still rocking Turtle Beach x41s, they work for now.

Fuchsdh

I feel obligated to say something. Promethean architecture works alright when transferred to enemy targets, but needs some definite tweaking to work well for UIs. I'd say raise the contrast a bunch and make the background darker on the icons so it's not a gray. For example:

T1NpON1.png

Granted this would look nothing like the finished product, but I'd be more than willing to help design all the UI elements/sounds/etc if you programmed them or whatever.

Personally I don't like high contrast themes, and as this is my first rodeo I'm keeping extra UI tweaks to a minimum--not shuffling around placement. I like the overall aesthetic of iOS a lot, so I'm not trying to go off the rails with it.

gAg CruSh3r

I really want A50s, but damn, I can't justify $300 for a headset.

I'm still rocking Turtle Beach x41s, they work for now.

I love my x41s as well. I bought a pair of a30s with a mix amp and case for around $105 on eBay then I bought myself 15foot digital audio cable for $7 on amazon and I was set :)...

I mostly use my Astros when I'm getting my game on. Sometimes I hook my iPhone with pandora to listen to some techno :p when I play.

Jesus, it's as if my 360 is dying a slow death. I've slowly ben working my way through The Walking Dead and I get to the end of episode two and the game starts chugging. Scenes start with a still frame and after a second or two it catches up. Shit sucks.

kylej

Banned
Jesus, it's as if my 360 is dying a slow death. I've slowly ben working my way through The Walking Dead and I get to the end of episode two and the game starts chugging. Scenes start with a still frame and after a second or two it catches up. Shit sucks.

That's not your 360. Ep 2 of TWD is notoriously shitty on 360. The entire episode stumbled like crazy for me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Kind of related but not really; I remember when my first 360 red ringed. I was playing GTA IV, being chased by police. I ran off a bridge and as soon as I hit the ground the 360 red ringed. Had no idea what the fuck was happening. Screen was flashing, sounds were distorted, felt like creepypasta or something.

kylej

Banned
Going to give a plug here for Kentucky Route Zero. Just finished the first chapter and really enjoyed it.

trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGQOaz1xFOo

website (scroll down) - www.kentuckyroutezero.com

It's a point and click adventure that's very surreal; almost ethereal. Has an original half-folksy, half-ambient soundtrack that is great. If this type of mellow Lynchian vibe is something you dig, I think KRZ will grab you. First episode is only about an hour or so long, looking forward to the rest.

heckfu

Banned
My first red ring happened in my dorm in 2006. Was playing the Dead Rising demo and it gave the TV test pattern colors and it just sounded so sad.

Xbox fixed it super quick, got it back, got the retail copy of Dead Rising, put it in and it happened again. Threw the fucking game in the garbage and xbox gave me a brand new console...which red ringed a few years ago while playing Tiger Woods.

Going to give a plug here for Kentucky Route Zero. Just finished the first chapter and really enjoyed it.

It's a point and click adventure that's very surreal; almost ethereal. Has an original half-folksy, half-ambient soundtrack that is great. If this type of mellow Lynchian vibe is something you dig, I think KRZ will grab you. First episode is only about an hour or so long, looking forward to the rest.

I've been thinking about buying this for a while now. I really like the art.

Overdoziz

Banned

Kinda reminds me of Swords and Sworcery. That game was amazing. I'll check it out.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Nah, I'm alright. Thanks for the offer though!

If you're wanting to sell, check out the Buy/Sell/Trade thread if you haven't already, someone may want 'em.

Computer

Can someone please post the .gif of Chief asking Cortana if Halo 4 is a good game yet? I'm a lil drunk and can't find it and want to show it to my brother thanks in advance.

Jesus man I was just thinking about the possibility of Halo 2 remake for the nextxbox this fall. Seriously, if they launch the nextxbox with Halo 2 remake as launch title, I would wrap 500 $1 bills around my dick and helicopter that shit to the register, just for 343 and MS.

Toa TAK

Banned
Jesus man I was just thinking about the possibility of Halo 2 remake for the nextxbox this fall. Seriously, if they launch the nextxbox with Halo 2 remake as launch title, I would wrap 500 $1 bills around my dick and helicopter that shit to the register, just for 343 and MS.

Yes. I would be very excited for a Halo 2 remake as well.

To each his own, and I love the shit out of Halo 2, but if I get the next Xbox at launch it's not going to be for a version of Halo 2 with a fresh coat of paint and surely no multiplayer.

Rtas

Yuk yuk. Still lots of work to do but it's getting a bit closer... manually having to upload the files to the phone and respring is a pain for demo purposes. Some of the icons are pretty boring but I wanna get placeholders in first.

gWeBBAL.png

Please do a windows 7 theme, for the love of the mantle.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Depending on what Sony shows off for the PS4, I might switch to their platform. Halo's lost my interest, only thing keeping me on Xbox is the sheer number of people I know that are also on it. Durango requiring constant internet connection and no used games would tip me over the edge as well.

Top Bottom