• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Doing the same thing that I did to find those images, I found the playlist picture for Majestic.

mHEjRhd.png

HTupolev

lol at the Hornet flying on the Skyline pic, those teases. Skyline reminds me so much of the city scenes from A Fistful of Arrows I wonder if it was deliberate.

Heheheheheh. True fact about two of the buildings in AFoA:

Observe.

Now, check out the pictures on this Wikipedia page (especially the first one in the gallery).

Which leads me to inspireception: your suggestion suggests that 343i, a Seattle-area company, based their map design off of an at least partially Seattle-based city in a comic by someone who is not from Seattle.

Is it just me or are 343i's Forerunner things kinda... softer?
Halo 4 in general has a very "soft" look to it. The obvious culprit is the FXAA, but it joins forces with stuff like a general haziness (the screen-space godrays and bloom contribute here), and a lot of fairly low-contrast (and sometimes blotchy, when it's not low-contrast) environment detailing.

Is this a Digital Extremes map pack?

No, I think map packs 2 and 3 are CA maps.

Art direction for CA's maps is always excellent. These look visually superior to anything on the disc or in Crimson pack by a country mile.

Just don't let them place any weapons

IHaveIce

Banned
Let's just hope the maps don't have frame rate issues.

And no sun that is shining in your face and you can't see shit.

Am I really only one who is unpleased with the colors? Ok :x

But yes the last map pic looks stunning, it will just be scenery of course but at least it is beautiful

Toa TAK

Banned
No, I think map packs 2 and 3 are CA maps.

Art direction for CA's maps is always excellent. These look visually superior to anything on the disc or in Crimson pack by a country mile.

Just don't let them place any weapons

Would you say the same for what they did for Reach as well?

Blueblur1

Now that I'm done tweeting and retweeting I thought I'd pop in and echo the same sentiment: Those maps look great. I hope they play great, too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Custom script users are an extremely small minority yet tend to be extremely vocal in these threads, mainly to debug their unsupported unofficial scripts that just broke because we changed something officially, or to brag about how their version of NeoGAF is better than someone else's and promote an extension, or to belittle the official changes because they like their crap better. It's extremely inappropriate across the board.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What in the world? I haven't read the thread; was he trying to be a dick or just trying to help? Or am I missing something entirely?
EviLore said permabans to anyone bragging or making posts about the userscripts they're using because that's off-topic and not their responsibility.

Not sure if he was serious about the severity of punishment, but I don't agree with permabans over that, maybe light bans though.

EDIT: Beaten.

Top Bottom