• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't you shop a Bugs in the conference crowd? You know, just some ears sticking up or something...

lol do it

the gif is bad quietly but some wizard should make it the 343 and the bungie logo... of course bugs is on the Bungle team.. :p I tried but gimp and my garbage skills at making gifs.. :/

I was actually thinking about that when I posted it but that's just more fuel in this ridiculous fire.

While I agree, unless we get mods involved I doubt that'll resolve itself peacefully. If we start forcing long-standing members out for no reason beyond personal prejudice then I think I'm going to end up leaving after a while, honestly.
Who's being prejudiced?

Havok

Oddball will feature on Outcast, a map that has a Mantis and a Wraith, in Castle Team DLC.

This made sense to someone.

Wait, Team Objective is transitioning to 6v6? "To address the community’s desire for objective game types with larger team sizes..." 343, nobody in their right mind wants to play 12 player King or Oddball, especially on the maps that are currently in that playlist. Good lord.

DeadNames

Banned
Josh Holmes seems like a nice guy. I really do feel bad for them. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt on Halo 4 because it was their first game and they were a newfound studio. I'll make judgements on Halo 5.

Who's being prejudiced?

i5RJ7IdyYfAyd.gif

Booshka

Josh Holmes seems like a nice guy. I really do feel bad for them. I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt on Halo 4 because it was their first game and they were a newfound studio. I'll make judgements on Halo 5.

Halo 5 was their first game on the new hardware, so give them a break. Surely they will nail it with Halo 6.

The following playlists will use individual scoring and measure your performance against all others in the game. This ensures that the players who play the best in each match will have their CSR adjusted accordingly. Players who win consistently in these playlists will rank up faster than they will in the playlists that use team scoring.

Playlists that use individual scoring:

Infinity Slayer
Big Team Infinity Slayer
Rumble Pit
Multi-Team
Team Action Sack
Flood
Team Snipers
Regicide
SWAT

The following playlists will use team scoring, and your CSR will be based off wins and losses. This system rewards players who work towards the objective and win the match. It will take longer to rank up in these playlists.

Playlists that will use team scoring:

Castle Team DLC
Team Objective
Capture the Flag
Dominion
Team Throwdown
Team Doubles
Grifball

hmm

Blueblur1

Oddball will feature on Outcast, a map that has a Mantis and a Wraith, in Castle Team DLC.

Wait, Team Objective is transitioning to 6v6? "To address the community’s desire for objective game types with larger team sizes..." 343, nobody in their right mind wants to play 12 player King or Oddball, especially on the maps that are currently in that playlist. Good lord.

That's the kind of crap that's convinced me to give up on 343. I only check this thread sparingly now or else I'll get an aneurism. :p

Right idea, wrong mod. I need to go back to my old Chess avatar, because my face doesn't make for great gifs. That way, people could do "checkmate" gifs.

Your face looks like one of those rapists you see on CSI, or at least the positioning of the pic.
Don't ban me, I have kids

The look he give just gives me the chill for some reason. Like he's hiding something and he's happy about it. Maybe a rapists was too harsh, more like a criminal. I said rapists because I watch too much Law & Order: SVU.

Tawpgun

Josh's write up in the Bulletin was nice and refreshing to read. The talk he gave made it seem like josh thought what they did to halo was perfect when this is not the case. Props to him for his truth bomb. Hope to see more posts from 343 like this "we learned from this, we didn't do a good job at this etc"

Can't wait for CSR.

Sucks it took them so long to start to appeal to fans of the old halo ways.

Try again using your words.

Look, I understand that Dax wanted to do the previous OT, but never did I ever see her express interest in doing the next or a mention that she was even working on it. I don't know what kind of unwritten rules of making OTs there are, but I wasn't aware that anybody is owed the next one if someone beats em to the punch.

To be honest, I don't think Dax even cares all that much about this.

Karl2177

Then to top it off, none of these maps are being put into BTB.

This bulletin... How many achievements are there? The link says 10, but I only count 9 in the list. Then CSR is going to be like launch Arena in some playlists. I'm honestly glad CSR is hidden behind Waypoint, because forcing it for all playlists isn't a good idea. Hopefully this won't deter any of the "casual" players. Not a whole lot of good things to come from that bulletin.

EDIT: Wow. I can't take my avatar seriously. I might need to switch back to Justice.

BattleBlock Theater is the greatest fucking game ever. Go download that shit right now.

I haven't laughed this hard in so long.. but make sure you play it co op for the best experience lol - I actually cried.

Whoa, that's out!? I've been looking forward to it for so long I missed the release date!

Your face looks like one of those rapists you see on CSI, or at least the positioning of the pic.

The look he give just gives me the chill for some reason. Like he's hiding something and he's happy about it.

Why would you say something like that?

Tawpgun

Posting it for easy reading

The goal of my presentation was to discuss the many challenges that we faced when building a new team and taking on such a massive and high profile project, specifically for an audience of developers and creators going through similar situations. In preparing my talk, I was trying to encapsulate three years of development into a 45-minute presentation.

One of the things that I talked about was the desire to make Halo more accessible to players of all skill levels. What I did a poor job of articulating because of the nature of the intended audience is the importance of balancing the needs and desires of a hardcore Halo population that was born, bred and breathes prior Multiplayer philosophies, with an approachable and open-to-all design style. It’s been a delicate balance and one that we haven’t necessarily succeeded with but continue to work on. CSR, our partnership with top competitive players to build and refine Team Throwdown, adding pro options and arena-style maps to select playlists and our upcoming sandbox balances are a few of the things that we are working on for that particular part of our community on this title.

Since my GDC talk, I’ve received a ton of feedback from the competitive community. I want you to know that we hear you, we value you and we are going to continue to listen to your feedback and suggestions. We won’t be able to implement all of them; it’s just not possible with the given resources and time. But we are in this for the long haul, and you’ll see our continued commitment to this aspect of our experience reflected in future projects as well as in our sustain efforts for Halo 4.

/Josh

Fuchsdh

Interesting Halo CE mOd

To think I was going to suggest we try and have a positive OT.

Masala man is a tool

It is known.

And the CE mod is awesome.

Consoles are no place for modder's paradises, at least not in the current culture, but if they ever brought the Halo games back to PC properly, I'd hope they would do the equivalent of a custom edition again. It's such an amazing community even after all these years, Gearbox deserves big kudos.

TCKaos

If you leave early once a match has started, it treats it as if you were the lowest rank in the match for the individual-scored playlists and as a loss on the team-scored playlists. Players that join in progress are currently treated as if they had played the entire match. That said, in our selected, more competitive playlists, there will be rules in place to mitigate the effect. Namely:
  1. You can only join in progress during a small window of time in the beginning of the match, so those players will still have time to contribute meaningfully to the match.
  2. Friends are not allowed to join a game in progress. Only random players searching through Matchmaking can join during that 60-second window.
The rules for these playlists restrict the amount of noise from Join-in-Progress since that feature is only possible during the first few moments of the match. They also help improve the purity of CSR in these playlists. We plan on putting in these Join-in-Progress parameters as close to CSR launch as possible.

What the flying fuck?

Redford

aka Cabbie

The look he give just gives me the chill for some reason. Like he's hiding something and he's happy about it. Maybe a rapists was too harsh, more like a criminal. I said rapists because I watch too much Law & Order: SVU.

Oh man just stop.

Why do the first two pages of HaloGAF OTs always have the stupidest posts of the thread? (Not that that's a bad thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom