• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's why I said Halo 3 ;)

I'd say my rankings are pretty much the same since I did them for Reach.

Easiest| 2 - Reach ---- Halo 4 --- CE ------- Halo 3 |Hardest
It's funny because I wrecked with the Reach, 3, and 2 Snipers, but I'm still not used to the Halo 4 Sniper. And I probably never will be.

I was pretty good with the CE Sniper, too, but I haven't played that game in so long.

Yeah I liked some of the Spartan Ops tunes. Is there a reason they weren't included here along with that awesome BTS song? I enjoy the soundtrack but figured it would include the rest of the tracks featured in Halo 4s Campaign, SpOps and BTS videos. :/
Fanky said they were considering releasing those tracks at some point. No idea how likely that is though.

I'd bite.

And an aside: Been playing the unholy shit out of Gears of War Judgments campaign and I think the Spartan Ops team should play it some and take notes. There's nice variety, optional challenges, some dynamic enemy mixes, full on scoring and leaderboards, a storyline holding it all together, and it plays great both in co-op and solo, even solo insane. Not saying they should just try and copy/paste it, but there are some very good ideas to it.

Maybe it's just me, but the CE sniper was the most difficult for me to use. I was very comfortable with Halo 3's by the time Reach launched.

Roche

I dunno if it's CSR or whatever but I've really been enjoying Rumble Pit today, I seem to be getting far more competitive games than I usually do.

CyReN

Use this for Halo 4 Ranks - http://leafapp.co/

tN4GexU.png

Listening to Bioshock Infinite soundtrack. Thing is amazing.
Then, suddenly, the opening lines from the game just finally clicked.

"Because he doesn't row."
"He doesn't row?"
"No, he *doesn't* row."
"Ah, I see what you mean."
I understood the rest of the story just fine and thought it was great, but just heard this on the soundtrack intro and it just now clicked. Now I feel like a dummy. Is this how The Antitype feels all the time?

Still need to grab H4 Vol 2. My body just might be ready.

wwm0nkey

I will be Updating/Bumping the Murder Miners OT tomorrow since the new update should be out by then, but from talking to Jforce the next update will be DLC ($1) which will include a BR, potentially an ipod version for profit sake and then Match Making with a 1-50 ELO Win/Loss ranking system.

That is the current road map and all of these should happen with in a 3 month period it sounded like.

Nebula

I will be Updating/Bumping the Murder Miners OT tomorrow since the new update should be out by then, but from talking to Jforce the next update will be DLC ($1) which will include a BR, potentially an ipod version for profit sake and then Match Making with a 1-50 ELO Win/Loss ranking system.

That is the current road map and all of these should happen with in a 3 month period it sounded like.

He sees the vacant spot and is moving for it. I'll be laughing when this takes Halos spot in MLG.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I need to play Murder Miners more. The support given to it is seriously impressive; I'd love to see what they could do with a large budget.
THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!
who needs grammar

p.s. NERD

"He doesn't row?"
"No, he *doesn't* row."
I understood the rest of the story just fine and thought it was great, but just heard this on the soundtrack intro and it just now clicked. Now I feel like a dummy. Is this how The Antitype feels all the time?

At least we will dumb together now. I have to replay the game... But I do not want. :/

Nebula

I need to play Murder Miners more. The support given to it is seriously impressive; I'd love to see what they could do with a large budget.

I normally get a few games done on the weekend. It's not to great for longer plays but as a quick few games, if you get a decent host, it does the job. I'll be picking up this update if it hits Xbox.

link1201

"He doesn't row?"
"No, he *doesn't* row."

You're not alone. I felt I had a firm grasp on the game overall, relatively speaking. However when I understood the more subtle meaning behind that exchange it was a pretty cool feeling. That game is cool in so many ways like that except gameplay, I didn't dig it in that respect but everything else was top notch.

What was-will-be.
ku-xlarge.jpg

All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again...

SO SAY WE ALL!

At least we will dumb together now. I have to replay the game... But I do not want. :/

It means that he's never rowed before on all of their previous attempts, so he can't row this time or things won't happen as the Lutece's need the to happen.
It's somewhat of a play on the inflection of English words, so you're forgiven.

Annnnnnddddd holy shit. Another revelation when the soundtrack got to "Will the Circle be Unbroken." (the guitar-playing scene from the slums).
That's some Donnie Darko Manipulated Dead/Manipulated Living shit right there!

I need more people in my office to know this game dammit.

It means that he's never rowed before on all of their previous attempts, so he can't row this time or things won't happen as the Lutece's need the to happen.
It's somewhat of a play on the inflection of English words, so you're forgiven.

Annnnnnddddd holy shit. Another revelation when the soundtrack got to "Will the Circle be Unbroken." (the guitar-playing scene from the slums).
That's some Donnie Darko Manipulated Dead/Manipulated Living shit right there!

I need more people in my office to know this game dammit.
I did understand it. I mean I had not paid attention to it before you explicitly mentioned the scenes again.

Glad I'm not the only one who got a BSG vibe from some of the dialogue.

BSG, Fringe, Donnie Darko, LOST, the list goes on. I explained it in a facebook discussion that these and some other scifi stuff had a massive orgy and had a kid. Which was then used to wipe away some debt.

As far as Baltar and Number 6 go, they were almost literally the Lutece's of BSG.

Zune is still alive? I thought they transitioned that into Xbox Music.

I'm pretty sure they stopped production on the Zune. They're just keeping up the Zune Marketplace for those who still use it. Like MSN Messenger (except that was actually cool at one point), it will all be gone soon enough.

Xbox Music is Win 8 only I believe. My Windows Phone still uses Zune to update and sync.

Xbox Music is available on Windows 8 devices, Windows Phone 8, and Xbox. Probably one of my favourite features (doesn't help that Microsoft gave me a free year's worth with my Surface purchase). Zune is available on Windows Phone 7 and as a client for Windows desktop.

Ghazi

Xbox Music is Win 8 only I believe. My Windows Phone still uses Zune to update and sync.

I'm pretty sure they stopped production on the Zune. They're just keeping up the Zune Marketplace for those who still use it. Like MSN Messenger (except that was actually cool at one point), it will all be gone soon enough.

Wow, I had no idea that they had just completely dropped it. I was on the edge of getting that Halo 3 Zune at one point but waited and got and iPod instead, glad I didn't do that now.

Wow, I had no idea that they ha just completely dropped it. I being on the edge of getting that Halo 3 Zune at one point but waited and got and iPod instead, glad I didn't do that now.

The Zune HD is still a great piece of hardware that I use every day. Thing is incredibly solid and holds all my shit just fine.

I'm gonna have to go back to the shitty Zune 2.0 because my HD is full :(:(:(:(:(

Sai got tiny Zune HD confirmed.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh damn. I only have the 32gb one. I don't carry my entire music library on it though so I still have plenty of space.

Bioshock Infinite soundtrack is really good stuff. I guess I'm just not a fan of the Halo music, I get like no emotion from it.

The row chat in the beginning is amazing cause it tuned me into listening and thinking about everything said. A lot of info is there to tell you whats going on if you listen you can figure out a bunch of the stuff before its actually revealed within the story itself.

Also I went ahead and watched Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead because of what someone suggested and the similarities with them and Rosalind/Robert Lutece's witty rhetoric and even some of their stories is amazing.

Bioshock Infinite soundtrack is really good stuff. I guess I'm just not a fan of the Halo music, I get like no emotion from it.

The row chat in the beginning is amazing cause it tuned me into listening and thinking about everything said. A lot of info is there to tell you whats going on if you listen you can figure out a bunch of the stuff before its actually revealed within the story itself.

Also I went ahead and watched Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead because of what someone suggested and the similarities with them and Rosalind/Robert Lutece's witty rhetoric and even some of their stories is amazing.

He doesn't ROW.

wwm0nkey

I normally get a few games done on the weekend. It's not to great for longer plays but as a quick few games, if you get a decent host, it does the job. I'll be picking up this update if it hits Xbox.
The short play problem is something they want to work on via Loot like TF2, Progression like CoD and Ranks like Halo 2. All for cosmetic only items.

Also the game is only on Xbox right now sooooo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom