• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Mix

e945b321f7d8e2558304f94ed6bc4a20.gif

After a long hiatus, the Halo OT is back in action. A rehash and a redo. We have one more chance to make things right.

Let's do it right this time.

Halo 4 OT
Last two OTs
Halo OT17
Halo OT16

Halo Xbox One Trailer

Updates
6.10.13 It was announced that a new Halo game would be coming in 2014 for Microsoft's new console, the Xbox One.
6.3.13 the Halo 4 TU, dubbed "TURBO" was released. Halo 4 is made into a much better title. Details
5.10.13 Red X's are finally back.

ZeNy

Neo Member
Oh nice, It's good to see only one thread for the Halo Community!

Hard to believe we will see a Halo OT were we will not talk about Destiny, Bungie & 343 stuff or anything else than Halo.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I really don't understand the point of 3 threads. We now have a general Halo OT, a Halo 4 OT, and an off topic Halo OT. Shouldn't the H4 OT be locked at the very least?

Mix

I really don't understand the point of 3 threads. We now have a general Halo OT, a Halo 4 OT, and an off topic Halo OT. Shouldn't the H4 OT be locked at the very least?

I think this one should just go back to the old days of HaloOT. Just ease up on how off topic we get.

DeadNames

Banned
"fragmentation... fragmentation never changes"

-

343 playlist management.

remember reach. we shouldnt have all these threads. it will get very confusing and will cause trouble.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think this one should just go back to the old days of HaloOT. Just ease up on how off topic we get.

This thread isn't for off topic discussion. This is general Halo (including Halo 4), yet there is a thread dedicated solely to Halo 4. Then there's a thread in Off Topic that's designated for random discussion by HaloGAF members that don't want to talk about Halo.

I agree that the megathread before the separation was getting out of hand, but I don't really see how splitting one community among 3 threads (with one of them being completely redundant) solves much of anything. However, it's not up to me, obviously. Just a thought.

Mix

This thread isn't for off topic discussion. This is general Halo (including Halo 4), yet there is a thread dedicated solely to Halo 4. Then there's a thread in Off Topic that's designated for random discussion by HaloGAF members that don't want to talk about Halo.

I agree that the megathread before the separation was getting out of hand, but I don't really see how splitting one community among 3 threads (with one of them being completely redundant) solves much of anything. However, it's not up to me, obviously. Just a thought.

I know it's not meant for ot but it's going to happen eventually, unfortunately. Maybe we can do this for a couple more years before it gets closed again :/

ZeNy

Neo Member
Halo 4 OT will die soon.

Hola Gaf should die, because we should only have one thread for the Halo Community, even if it means speaking about Halo or the weather in Canada.

willow ve

Wait wait wait - the town is back that way. Shouldn't this be OT17?
Speedy gonna need some caffeine to get beyond not making the OT... again.

GhaleonEB

This thread: All things Halo and tangentially related to Halo, including Halo 4.

OT thread: a place for this community to talk about non-Halo stuff. Destiny, whatever. If you don't want to use it, stick to Halo discussion. It's there to prevent a gaming thread from spiraling into persona/off topic talk, with the Halo threads tended to do with some frequency.

Halo 4 thread: was an interim thread during the E3 cool-off/lock period. If it's confusing to have around - don't post in it. It'll drop off and die just like my original Halo 4 OT did. :)

This thread: All things Halo and tangentially related to Halo, including Halo 4.

OT thread: a place for this community to talk about non-Halo stuff. Destiny, whatever. If you don't want to use it, stick to Halo discussion. It's there to prevent a gaming thread from spiraling into persona/off topic talk, with the Halo threads tended to do with some frequency.

Halo 4 thread: was an interim thread during the E3 cool-off/lock period. If it's confusing to have around - don't post in it. It'll drop off and die just like my original Halo 4 OT did. :)
Are you at liberty to go into detail about the complaints in the pre-split OT? I don't understand why the offending posters weren't just personally dealt with. Keeping the threads split will only continue to fragment the community. If people were being too meta then just have a mod say "hey guys, you're being too meta, knock it off." If Wahrer's imaginary game concepts and ridiculous halogaf comics/photoshops were too obnoxious then just have a mod say "hey Wahrer, go make a blog."

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, I'm going to start new OTs for Halo CE, Halo CE PC, Halo 2, Halo 2 Vista, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo Wars, too. Looking forward to the fifteen different lively discussions.

Edit : It's so weird seeing Ghal's name in red!

Hey guys, I'm going to start new OTs for Halo CE, Halo CE PC, Halo 2, Halo 2 Vista, Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, and Halo Wars, too. Looking forward to the fifteen different lively discussions.

Edit : It's so weird seeing Ghal's name in red!

Dont forget Spartan Assualt!

Top Bottom