• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Hotshot Slayer was an Acion Sack gametype back in Reach and now it's back in all it's glory. In this slayer variant each the more consecutive kills you get, the more deadlier you'll become. Bu that's comes as a price, you'll also become slower.

idwB4eS0i0Smm.jpg

Climb through the three player tiers and eliminate the enemy players.

You can choose to play the game with teams or FFA style for some crazy rumble acion.

These are the default settings I came up with, you CAN and SHOULD make ones of your own, to better reflect your preferences.

First stage: 107% damage multiplier.

Second stage: 120% damage muliplier, 80% player speed.

Third stage: 135% damage multiplier, 70% player speed.

Hotshot Slayer options:

- Score modifier
- Modifier limit
- Kill bonus
- Death bonus
- Assist bonus
- Betrayal bonus
- Suicide bonus
- Headshot bonus
- Pummel bonus
- Assassination bonus
- Sticky bonus
- Vehicle kill bonus
- Splatter bonus
- Revenge bonus

Download links:

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/g.../details/b7428126-9961-4cba-b138-a8018e3a96a9

belushy

Banned
Great work Gabo. All these gametypes that you are making... are you now at the point were you recognize the code enough to just type it all out on a blank code page or is Megalo still so confusing that you need a base gametype? Either way nice work.

edit: Also Cyren if you could do an Avy for me with a hat I'd be in your debt. I suck so much at even the most basic of picture editing. :p

Great work Gabo. All these gametypes that you are making... are you now at the point were you recognize the code enough to just type it all out on a blank code page or is Megalo still so confusing that you need a base gametype? Either way nice work.

I'm happy you appreciate my work :)

I have been using a blank slayer gametype for a while, from there I begin to add the conditions on top till it stars to take form.

Like conversions from Reach to Halo 4 can become a pain in the ass I may opt to create the gametype from scratch, that's the case with Hotshot Slayer, VIP and Sabotage.

As for the blank gametype, it's basically simple conditions and actions which only run once.

-If roundtime is zero EndRound.
-if timer is 5 scream "Slayer, Oddball..."
-If player is respawning show loadouts

Edit: what you guys want first? VIP or Rush Slayer
aka Cranked
, from the CoD: Ghosts franchise?

Should we make some kind of faq or wishlist for Halo 5 to add for the new OT? I know most of it is out there but to have it all in one place would be nice and probably helpful for 343.

belushy

Banned
I'm happy you appreciate my work :)

I have been using a blank slayer gametype for a while, from there I begin to add the conditions on top till it stars to take form.

Like conversions from Reach to Halo 4 can become a pain in the ass I may opt to create the gametype from scratch, that's the case with Hotshot Slayer, VIP and Sabotage.

As for the blank gametype, it's basically simple conditions and actions which only run once.

-If roundtime is zero EndRound.
-if timer is 5 scream "Slayer, Oddball..."
-If player is respawning show loadouts

Edit: what you guys want first? VIP or Rush Slayer
aka Cranked
, from the CoD: Ghosts franchise?

Cranked would be neat to make in Halo. I think it would play well too.

Also, what is sabotage? Is that like Search and Destroy?

Hire Gabo. Dude's making gametypes in a game hardly anyone plays.. That's love.

Should we make some kind of faq or wishlist for Halo 5 to add for the new OT? I know most of it is out there but to have it all in one place would be nice and probably helpful for 343.

Yes. I think this should be in every OT going forward.

TheOddOne

I would just put the plethora of analysis from Overdoziz, Ghal, Juices and Havok in the OP. Good reading material for people who are just passing by.

I would just put the plethora of analysis from Overdoziz, Ghal, Juices and Havok in the OP. Good reading material for people who are just passing by.

It'd be hard to say what falls under what category, but if HaloGAF.com ends up getting some updates it'd be neat to see a "good post archive" with forge tech specs from over, thee henery's megaposts, etc. available for easy listening.

We should also take some of the bigger posts / debates from HaloGAF and make a dramatic reading archive.

gAg CruSh3r

It'd be hard to say what falls under what category, but if HaloGAF.com ends up getting some updates it'd be neat to see a "good post archive" with forge tech specs from over, thee henery's megaposts, etc. available for easy listening.

We should also take some of the bigger posts / debates from HaloGAF and make a dramatic reading archive.

Who is in charge of HaloGAF.com? It really needs some updating to it.

Cranked would be neat to make in Halo. I think it would play well too.

Also, what is sabotage? Is that like Search and Destroy?

Sabotage is a Generator Defense recreation I'm working on.

It's basically the same from Reach's beta but it only supports 2 generators at once, one per team or team switching positions to protect Alpha and Bravo.

You can activate the shielding on your gennie to make it invulnerable for a period of time.

gAg CruSh3r

It's basically the same from Reach's beta but it only supports 2 generators at once, one per team or team switching positions to protect Alpha and Bravo.

You can activate the shielding on your gennie to make it invulnerable for a period of time.

I love you. Keep up your work!

belushy

Banned

Could you edit it in a way were it is like SnD? One life, round based. Scoring works the same way. (points for blowing up a "generator" or points for wiping out the whole other team)

edit: v Yeah I understand that you want to keep it like Generator Defense. I was just wondering if that kind of stuff is possible with the coding that you can do and the coding that is possible in Megalo.

Like for example, having it to where you can click X to arm the Alpha "generator." While it is armed, have it to where no one can interact with Bravo to arm it or anything, and if the defense team defuse Alpha, the round ends and a point is rewarded to the defense. Or, if the attacking team or the defending team kills every member of the opposite team, that team gains a point.

Could you edit it in a way were it is like SnD? One life, round based. Scoring works the same way. (points for blowing up a "generator" or points for wiping out the whole other team)

I guess so, I have never really played Search and Destroy... the current objective is to replicate Genereator Defense, once it's finished I may be able to add some neat options.

Current user defined options are:

-Sabotages to win
-Generator health
-Alpha shielding time
-Alpha Invulneravility time
-Alpha cooldown time
-Bravo shielding time
-Bravo Invulneravility time
-Bravo cooldown time
-Generator proximity traits radius
-Explosion type
-Info time

You can have up to 16 userdef options.

Karl2177

So I have 300 MS points that have to be used up by Dec. 1 and I was thinking of getting the discounted Champions Bundle. If I get that, it has the maps, armors, weapon skins, and the perk(ugh) in it, right?

Top Bottom