• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread is poop. OP is a scrub.

#ODSTisGOAT!

I am tempted to go make a 'Can someone tell me, what the hell was the deal with Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary' thread. ODST was amazing, the Halo game that seems pointless to me is CEA. Releasing the classic campaign on a console that is backwards compatible and not even including multiplayer still irks me.

It is the only Halo MP which was never playable on xblive. I know that the general reasons are that they didnt want to cannibalise their player base and that the network model wouldn't have supported it but even still its a missed opportunity and if any title was a bad deal it was Halo CEA - not ODST.

BTW Sup Elzar?

Ghazi

Reach BTB, never changes:

ilZqW8FYN3wrV.gif

Also, the people talking about the Revenant aim assist, you rang?

ieWNZwdpXnoOV.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow NobleGundam got banned? For what? His post in the ODST thread? RIP

AGDQ is awesome, best way to spend the night

EDIT: Ok he said it was for the post in this thread where he said the guy on gaming side is a scrub. I could say something about this ban, but mods are sensitive and I would get banned again.

Subscribe to Naked Eli. Hes the best Halo channel out their.

I am tempted to go make a 'Can someone tell me, what the hell was the deal with Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary' thread. ODST was amazing, the Halo game that seems pointless to me is CEA. Releasing the classic campaign on a console that is backwards compatible and not even including multiplayer still irks me.

It is the only Halo MP which was never playable on xblive. I know that the general reasons are that they didnt want to cannibalise their player base and that the network model wouldn't have supported it but even still its a missed opportunity and if any title was a bad deal it was Halo CEA - not ODST.

They're saving it for dedicated servers on the Xbox One as the FTP title before Halo 5 releases in 2015.

Even if they remade it using the same engine, I'm betting that it would've played much better and been more fun than the other games. I don't see how it would've been worse than some of those games I played on XBC where I had like 3 second delay and had to lead 10 feet in front of someone.. let alone a lot of the matches we played on Halo 2 and 3 thanks to the poor netcode and spotty BR.. but what do I know, I'm not a programmer.

tumblr_lyj711z9gY1r124nx.jpg

Ghazi, that last game was a total train wreck. Add in that those guys were total douchebags and I remembered why I don't try to play Halo competitively at all.

I'm not good enough to do it and unless I'm being carried by ExWife/Eugn there is no point for me to try.

Guess were are bros now. Unless its CTF, I got nervous and act suicidal to get the flag to do something useful at least.

Intolerant people are intolerant.

I disliked all of halogaf before it was cool. Even me.

EDIT: Listening to the holagaf podcast. Toshi, what the hell is a "snow hat"

Mistel

Banned
No... it was still awful.
Awful awful or its could be 4 BTB awful, both are bad but I'd accept reach much more so. Much less ordinance and plasma pistol spawns. Did you run into any more groups like the objective one?

"I am actually in bed right now."
"Is it comfy?"

Get a room, you two. brb writing a pop-up book of steely/heckfu/tashi slash fic
New erotic thriller best seller? :p

Ghazi

Awful awful or its could be 4 BTB awful, both are bad but I'd accept reach much more so. Much less ordinance and plasma pistol spawns. Did you run into any more groups like the objective one?

New erotic thriller best seller? :p

No, we stuck to BTB after that objective match and we never really ran into any groups. It was Reach awful, not as bad as 4. I still have fun from time to time in Reach BTB, unlike 4.

Toshi, the new podcast format is alright but it needs more people or background music or something. It felt a little empty at times.

Fuchsdh

That's how Skype casts usually are.

Post-produce that shit.

Will give a listen tomorrow at work. Podcasts fill the void of graphics work, fo' sure.

Also: Customs night this coming Saturday the 11th? Gabo gametypes and DLC maps we never usually get to play call...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Post-produce that shit.

Will give a listen tomorrow at work. Podcasts fill the void of graphics work, fo' sure.

Also: Customs night this coming Saturday the 11th? Gabo gametypes and DLC maps we never usually get to play call...

I usually think they sound fine. Sometimes Skype has connection issues and causes weird voice drops but there's nothing I can really do about it.

I will say that today for some reason the audio was in complete stereo when I recorded. My voice was left only while the guests were right only. I had to make it mono to get it to sound ok.

That's me. Don't tell anyone.

As for the podcast. I listened to it but there wasn't much info (not that we have any info to go on) I think thats probably why theres not as many of them, literally nothing to say about Halo atm.

Fuchsdh

I usually think they sound fine. Sometimes Skype has connection issues and causes weird voice drops but there's nothing I can really do about it.

I will say that today for some reason the audio was in complete stereo when I recorded. My voice was left only while the guests were right only. I had to make it mono to get it to sound ok.

A lot of programs do that so you can mix the tracks separately. For FUDcasts I try and have everyone record, then use the "everyone else" tracks to sync things up as best I can. On hour-plus long recordings you have to make some adjustments do to Dani falling out of sync due to latency but it's a way to get better sound rather than relying on the Skype gods to bless you with a good connection. Our original casts sounded rough.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A lot of programs do that so you can mix the tracks separately. For FUDcasts I try and have everyone record, then use the "everyone else" tracks to sync things up as best I can. On hour-plus long recordings you have to make some adjustments do to Dani falling out of sync due to latency but it's a way to get better sound rather than relying on the Skype gods to bless you with a good connection. Our original casts sounded rough.

That was sort of what we did for the original shows. Duncan would record everyone's voice from skype and then his own. Then he would mix in his own voice. I however bought the program Pamela for Skype. It's really great. Records the entire Skype calls with my voice included. Then I just go ahead and chop it up for public consumption.

When did I say Snow Hat?

That's how Skype casts usually are.

You know, if you weren't so selective with who can be in the Podcast, maybe it wouldn't always be so empty. ;)

Grant Kirkhope is on skype for Banjo Kazooie speedrun. With guy-in-bugs-outfit still on couch. This shit just got truly epic.
DUDE HOW CAN YOU SHARE THIS WITHOUT A LINK.

These type of things always give me hope for a Banjo-Threeie leak. ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom