• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ora

Banned
All that matters is both are selling well which is great for online games. Gamers win, fanboys are nerds.

Nowise10

what you mean fix,that is how they intended for it to work.

I've only seen negative comments towards their new system, because what they intended doesn't work and is incredibly inconvenient. Tying parties to one specific game is just a heap of stupidity and doesn't make any sense at all. Just put a damn invite to game button on peoples profiles. And make it so you don't need to turn the Party on every time you join one.

I've only seen negative comments towards their new system, because what they intended doesn't work and is incredibly inconvenient. Tying parties to one specific game is just a heap of stupidity and doesn't make any sense at all. Just put a damn invite to game button on peoples profiles. And make it so you don't need to turn the Party on every time you join one.

I am pretty sure they will do those things.

Playstation Now looks sweet. I have both consoles so I am impartial but its amazing to me that MS ran on this cloud strategy and just got smacked in the face by a cloud solution light years ahead of what they are offering.

I don't know about lag but for single player I am sure there is a buffer of some kind. One thing is for sure, Halo needs to be good. The Xbox One is starting to look prehistoric with that stupid camera and plug your TV in for $500. Sony is also ahead in indie games already.

Anyway, I dont root for either system. It's much better for us that they keep trying to one up each other.

alien_isolation1111111111.jpg

Why do the recent games have them walking upright like that? The weird cat-lizard-like motions they ran through in the first two movies were great. Alien 3 was alright but the CGI and basic "tech demo running animation" were kind of eh. They do such weird, dumb mummy waddles on two legs.

Awww Oonsk is so cute ^^

*Bloonsk

Sexy.

The Alien screen that is.

Why do the recent games have them walking upright like that? The weird cat-lizard-like motions they ran through in the first two movies were great. Alien 3 was alright but the CGI and basic "tech demo running animation" were kind of eh. They do such weird, dumb mummy waddles on two legs.

Huh? It walked upright in the first film in most scenes.

Mix

Hey guys, Some of y'all know that I've been dabbling in stand up, all of which has been open mic, but tonight in about 2 hours i'm going to be performing for an actual comedy show in San Antonio at the River Center Mall Comedy Club that I was invited to do! I am going to be one of FOUR comics going up there tonight, that's 4 including the headliner! This is a huge step up and nothing short of an incredible feat for me! Please wish me luck!

Halo this year!

Hey guys, Some of y'all know that I've been dabbling in stand up, all of which has been open mic, but tonight in about 2 hours i'm going to be performing for an actual comedy show in San Antonio at the River Center Mall Comedy Club that I was invited to do! I am going to be one of FOUR comics going up there tonight, that's 4 including the headliner! This is a huge step up and nothing short of an incredible feat for me! Please wish me luck!

Halo this year!

Congrats and best of luck mate, avoid Halo jokes :)

Fracas

#fuckonami

Halo this year!

That's awesome, dude! You got this.

Fuchsdh

Halo this year!

Good luck mate.

Comes down to a major distaste for her writing and everyone i know in person acting like she is this godsend writer.

She *is* a good writer. I think you can disagree with some of her choices and be perfectly justified or right, but treating her like a hack because she portrays characters in a way you don't like is childish.

Mistel

Banned
saw it hours ago when Frankie defended the hack that is Karen Traviss. immediately left the thread.

Republic commando was some of her best stuff to me. She's an alright writer with her own characters but pre-existing not so much. I enjoyed Greg Bear's stuff much more plus he did that narrated prologue thingy that was interesting as well.

Good luck Mix :D.

Comes down to a major distaste for her writing and everyone i know in person acting like she is this godsend writer.

Maybe she is a "good" writer. Frankly I care little for a writers talent and more for the story being told at the time. William C Dietz was someone I'd call a "bad" writer but I enjoyed The Flood just fine. I havn't read anything past it yet because I'm lazy and like it when the Wiki just sumarizes everything for me.

That said, I heard what Karen did to the Mandolarians and the Jedi and noted in my head not to pay too much attention to her writing and look at the plot arc more. If they did bad shit to Halsey you know damn well that 343i signed off on that.

Good Luck Mix, I hope everything goes excellent.

avoid Halo jokes :)

Millions of others missed that memo.

halo_4_xbox360_x360_big1.jpg

Maybe she is a "good" writer. Frankly I care little for a writers talent and more for the story being told at the time. William C Dietz was someone I'd call a "bad" writer but I enjoyed The Flood just fine. I havn't read anything past it yet because I'm lazy and like it when the Wiki just sumarizes everything for me.

That said, I heard what Karen did to the Mandolarians and the Jedi and noted in my head not to pay too much attention to her writing and look at the plot arc more. If they did bad shit to Halsey you know damn well that 343i signed off on that.

Good Luck Mix, I hope everything goes excellent.

the main thing is that they decide to have Halo 4 take cues from her for the story. I try to not pay attention to her writing but when 343 gives her pretty much Plot Arc control for the game through the Extended Universe its hard to not pay attention.

Homeboyd

I've seen you comment on her before. You act like she killed your dog or something.
I can relate.. There are times I wish to harm tony romo and I've never met the guy.

Oh and good luck mix. That's pretty badass. Let me know if you ever hit up Big D.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Halo this year!

Good luck!

Was just looking at some Steam controller responses from CES and it seems a bit hit and miss really. I love the self/downloadable-programmable nature of configs but I can't stand the finish material, lack of coloured buttons (e.g. usability for kids or new gamers) and how reviewers droll on about the controller rather than how it feels in games.

Tell me how it works in FPS games like Halo, tell me how platformers feel, can you play fighting games effectively etc? Anyone have hands on time with this new controller and a variety of games?

Was just looking at some Steam controller responses from CES and it seems a bit hit and miss really. I love the self/downloadable-programmable nature of configs but I can't stand the finish material, lack of coloured buttons (e.g. usability for kids or new gamers) and how reviewers droll on about the controller rather than how it feels in games.

Tell me how it works in FPS games like Halo, tell me how platformers feel, can you play fighting games effectively etc? Anyone have hands on time with this new controller and a variety of games?

I heard other companies will make steam controllers too so there may be different variants. I hope for a more traditional version.

For a nominal fee, I can hook you up with some legit publishers. All you need is 2 friends! 20% discount for a third!

PM me for deets and get ready to live the dream!

Can we take a minute from normal HaloGAF ridicule to acknowledge that he still has followers on Youtube and Twitter...

Fuchsdh

I don't really understand the concept, period. The prototypes are fairly expensive; they're not going to appeal to console gamers, and not to PC gamers who can build their own rigs (and probably set it up on their couch) for much less...

Prepare yourselves for more possible bad art, as Escalation hits tomorrow, I believe. On the other hand, the art generally gets better rather than worse as a series continues so there might be hope he's had more time.

wwm0nkey

The Steam controller should have just been a 360 controller with a trackball as the left analog stick, problem solved for aiming.

Oh also Halo was not in that recent Steam leak, the dream is dead but at least we get Killing Floor 2.

The halo 2 servers for windows is shutting down jan or feb,there is still hope. it will happen people. there was activity a month ago so clearly there is still something going on.

I don't really understand the concept, period. The prototypes are fairly expensive; they're not going to appeal to console gamers, and not to PC gamers who can build their own rigs (and probably set it up on their couch) for much less...

Prepare yourselves for more possible bad art, as Escalation hits tomorrow, I believe. On the other hand, the art generally gets better rather than worse as a series continues so there might be hope he's had more time.

I'm much the same, I ditched PC gaming years ago in favour of consoles. I just plug the box/game in, don't need to upgrade/tweak/settings and play with a simple box into my home theatre setup. It's easy to move or transport too. This from an ex-PC builder and hardcore PC gamer decade ago.

Steam boxes just feel like a makeover for PC's really and a way to enter into this home entertainment space that PCs have been lacking historically. I suppose many of the Steam users will look at these boxes in place of building their own but it's going to be interesting to see how it matches up in the wider PC/console/mobile markets. Just how saturated can we go or how much will existing PC/Steam gamers pay for a convenient box?

Are there going to be exclusive games or apps etc? Not that I can see everything that runs on these steam boxes will just run on a standard PC or be cross platform anyhow. Where is TLOU or Halo etc?

The controller interested me but it's looking a bit left field for the sake of change. Not one reviewer has been all "OMGMGMASGG+@!!!#" this is THE controller for FPS or THE controller to dethrone the xbox controller etc. I want hands on time with the controller to assess myself but as for Steam I prefer consoles even in the face of Steam sales being appealing.

Checkout who made the top 200 slayer list:
VVcn55G.jpg

I wonder if that's him or not, has to be a joke GT surely...

A matchmaking update went live a day ago too, BTB SWAT and the return of shotgun Ricochet. Tried some BTB swat in a party last night but the latency was a bit crazy, 7 Aussies and we still couldn't pull host....come on dedis we need you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom