• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have a crazy theory.

What if MS brought in Titanfall for the XBO to draw away the kids who like the sci-fi shooter experience, but like the CoD style of play, and they gave 343 the go ahead to go full classic Halo for the Xbox One title?

lol

Don't know about that but doesn't frank stealth hint at things to come? He hinted joe staten a while back and then joe is at MS now. Frank said 60 fps which we know but also halo fundamentals,set pieces. Could be another stealth hint.

Don't know about that but doesn't frank stealth hint at things to come? He hinted joe staten a while back and then joe is at MS now. Frank said 60 fps which we know but also halo fundamentals,set pieces. Could be another stealth hint.

Trust us. feels like halo. We had a clasic halo build but scrapped it.

Omni

Guys, I have a crazy theory.

What if MS brought in Titanfall for the XBO to draw away the kids who like the sci-fi shooter experience, but like the CoD style of play, and they gave 343 the go ahead to go full classic Halo for the Xbox One title?

lol

That would imply 343i wanted to make classic Halo in the first place

...Then I'll buy an XB1 and Halo 5?
I like your succinctness, Fracas.

EDIT:
That would imply 343i wanted to make classic Halo in the first place
This is probably closer to the truth. But honestly, just make a new separate game if you don't want to cater to the Halo fan base. I grow sick of change for the sake of change nonsense, especially when it's obviously not working. That goes for any game, not just Halo.

Ora

Banned
343 should just reboot the entire Halo franchise. New start, new canon (separate from original canon) let's say they are alternate Halo universes ala comic books. Campaign is grand and huge in scale while multiplayer is tight and focused and a throwback to classic halo. Mmmm gimme dat good good 343.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
343 should just reboot the entire Halo franchise. New start, new canon (separate from original canon) let's say they are alternate Halo universes
ala bio shock infinite
. Campaign is grand and huge in scale while multiplayer is tight and focused and a throwback to classic halo. Mmmm gimme dat good good 343.
Dude. Spoiler that shit. I still haven't gotten to that game! [Edit : Eh, it's not a big deal. I guess the game came out nearly a year ago, hah.]

Anyways, I actually kind of like the idea of a Halo reboot.

Dude. Spoiler that shit. I still haven't gotten to that game!

Anyways, I actually kind of like the idea of a Halo reboot.

I want a Halo reboot with CEA's art style but Combat Evolved's level of pearlescense and reflectiveness. Just have Chief or another Spartan off doing space shit versus Covenant using space lasers in space. Space.

Btw, wwmonkey, do you and the rest of the Murder Miners team want to be rivals to Project Livechamber if it ever actually becomes a thing? We can have pretend twitter e-drama and go golfing every Sunday laughing about how our implied-but-not-really conflict is exponentially increasing both our sales.

EDIT: OT, but I recently discovered an extremely old OCRemix album called Relics of the Chozo which is a continuous suite of music - remasters, covers or slight re-arrangements of Super Metroid themes. It's basically Harmony of a Hunter before that was a thing. It's notable for releasing in 2003 and despite that still having production values that hold up surprisingly well even though it's just from some grizzled ancients on OCRemix. The production quality is not only on the level of Halo 2's OST, but it even sounds somewhere between Combat Evolved and 2's soundtracks in terms of pacing and instrumentation, which is why I'm recommending it.

Striker

Trust us. feels like halo. We had a clasic halo build but scrapped it.
YyYJ9kW.jpg

Nebula

Same, what were/are you in Blueprint for? A standard member or an assigned position?

I'm not sure what my imaginary internet Blueprint title is, but I believe its "Classic Team Lead"
bp status shoutout to homeboyd

...Oh freshmen year of college, so much free time we shared

Standard member. I was mainly in it for some customs on some player made maps. I've always loved playing other peoples maps. The forge playlist that came out on Reach is my favourite playlist of all time. I've always wanted to get seriously into the forging side of it but the game just isn't worth the effort at the moment.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
I sincerely think that 343i made too many changes to dump enough changes for there to ever be "classic Halo" again. It would essentially be an admission that Halo 4 was abhorrent, and I don't see that happening.

TheOddOne

Haha, my brother pointed this out to me last week. Halo gametypes in Dutch sound absolutely ridiculous. Also laughing really hard at ''Knokpartij'' and ''Team Actie'' :lol
And I still have to look properly at the medal page. A splatter translated to Dutch is ''vermorzelaar'' looool

I just have too wonder who had to come up with those translations. Would that person realize how ridiculous those names sounds?
I wonder if it some translator algorism that tries to translate as accurate as possible. Accurate always leads to some hilarious translations though.

Gui_PT

Guys you can stop worrying

Some random dude on the internet guaranteed me Halo 5 will be good because 343 have no other option.

Halo is saved!

scently

Hi all I don't usually post here as I don't play Halo multiplayer, just interested in the lore and single player, so I don't know if this is the right place to discuss this. This is with regards to the book Mortal Dictata.

I just finished reading Mortal Dictata and I don't think I have read a more annoying piece of literature before. My main problem with the book is the one-sided hate that Halsey seems to get. Now, I am not saying that she doesn't deserve it but why one earth are they not pointing a finger or directing any of their hate towards Parangosky? I seriously doesn't make any sense at all. She commissioned the project. Without her approval none of this would have happened, yet the characters here, including Serin and Naomi and all the others act as if she is a saint and innocent in the issue. Its like saying doctor Mengele is evil but Hitler is not even though Hitler gave the order. I just can't seem to reconcile this. Even the dude who committed suicide ascribed more humanity to her for whatever reason even though she gave the bloody order. Did she brainwash them or something? wtf?

Also, not that I am justifying what she did but, in terms of crime against humanity, Ackerson's SIII programme was much worse. Convincing a bunch of kids that they will have a chance to exert revenge when they are simply being trained for suicide missions? And btw, it was Parangosky who also commissioned this project.

This book doesn't make a lot of sense.

IHaveIce

Banned
Hi all I don't usually post here as I don't play Halo multiplayer, just interested in the lore and single player, so I don't know if this is the right place to discuss this. This is with regards to the book Mortal Dictata.

I just finished reading Mortal Dictata and I don't think I have read a more annoying piece of literature before. My main problem with the book is the one-sided hate that Halsey seems to get. Now, I am not saying that she doesn't deserve it but why one earth are they not pointing a finger or directing any of their hate towards Parangosky? I seriously doesn't make any sense at all. She commissioned the project. Without her approval none of this would have happened, yet the characters here, including Serin and Naomi and all the others act as if she is a saint and innocent in the issue. Its like saying doctor Mengele is evil but Hitler is not even though Hitler gave the order. I just can't seem to reconcile this. Even the dude who committed suicide ascribed more humanity to her for whatever reason even though she gave the bloody order. Did she brainwash them or something? wtf?

Also, not that I am justifying what she did but, in terms of crime against humanity, Ackerson's SIII programme was much worse. Convincing a bunch of kids that they will have a chance to exert revenge when they are simply being trained for suicide missions? And btw, it was Parangosky who also commissioned this project.

First of all, lore and single player discussion is as welcome here in HaloGAF as Multiplayer discussions.

And I didn't read Morta Ditctata yet, but it seems to fit right in into the trilogy.
And I agree on all points and am sad that 343 wanted to go this route with the universe, it just seems to build up to a Human vs Human confrontation again.. and I don't want to play that in the games.

IIRC Bio-foam is like medi-gel from Mass Effect. It's used in an ODST cutscene too.

The books describe it as feeling like fire ants crawling inside you.

Also, that fake leak HUD is actually pretty nice. The DPad thing in the bottom-right corner pisses me off because of reasons, though. I need to patent that.

Fuchsdh

You might want to read it again.
I can think of several points where they discuss how a lot of people share the blame for enabling Halsey and being part of the project, and Black Box specifically suggests that some of Parangosky's actions are her way of trying to ask for forgiveness. They also mention several times that Halsey is a scapegoat for everyone's fuckups. With the epilogue factored in, it's pretty clear that half the main characters have a non-detached interest in hating Halsey.
Here is another supposed "leaked screenshot" for Halo 5.

1779725_453870414712830_1817016068_n.jpg

All I can focus on is the lower right hand corner where it says FUCKING JET PACK :'(

I do hope they dial back the HUD graphics. I don't like them being too busy (I think H4's campaign was pushing it with all the lines.)

scently

You might want to read it again.
I can think of several points where they discuss how a lot of people share the blame for enabling Halsey and being part of the project, and Black Box specifically suggests that some of Parangosky's actions are her way of trying to ask for forgiveness. They also mention several times that Halsey is a scapegoat for everyone's fuckups. With the epilogue factored in, it's pretty clear that half the main characters have a non-detached interest in hating Halsey.

I do hope they dial back the HUD graphics. I don't like them being too busy (I think H4's campaign was pushing it with all the lines.)

That is like saying that Halsey's kidnapping of the remaining Spartans were her way of trying to ask for forgiveness but that is not my point anyway. Whether or not they have a detached or non-detached interest in hating Halsey doesn't explain their psychological reasoning of hating Halsey while Parangosky's involvement goes on noticed. Again, blaming Mengele while sparing Hitler.

Fuchsdh

That is like saying that Halsey's kidnapping of the remaining Spartans were her way of trying to ask for forgiveness but that is not my point anyway. Whether or not they have a detached or non-detached interest in hating Halsey doesn't explain their psychological reasoning of hating Halsey while Parangosky's involvement goes on noticed. Again, blaming Mengele while sparing Hitler.

Parangosky's involvement never went unnoticed. I just told you it was specifically mentioned. You like many people here don't seem to understand that even if a characters thoughts and actions mirror the author's, they are still only speaking for six or seven voices ina universe of people.

Main menu and theme are nice, but as soon as those baseball card buttons appeared my eyes rolled out of their sockets.

A lot of Halo 4 and its surroundings are clearly tainted for me.

I don't like it. Remember that a menu can't just be pretty. It has to be functional too. X for Roster didn't work, don't try it again. Baseball cards didn't work, don't try it again. Having two different designs for lobbies didn't work, don't try it again.
I love it. Never had a problem with Halo 4 menus.

Gui_PT

I don't like it. Remember that a menu can't just be pretty. It has to be functional too. X for Roster didn't work, don't try it again. Baseball cards didn't work, don't try it again. Having two different designs for lobbies didn't work, don't try it again.

Still can't understand how they thought putting the gamertags sideways was a good idea.

scently

Parangosky's involvement never went unnoticed. I just told you it was specifically mentioned. You like many people here don't seem to understand that even if a characters thoughts and actions mirror the author's, they are still only speaking for six or seven voices ina universe of people.

If a character claims to have such a strong moral judgement but then decides to ignore one monster while hating the other then I can't take that character seriously. Of course this cast a bad light on the author and structure of the book, and its intent. If the various characters are a way for us to understand and or view the actions of Halsey, then you have to treat other participants in the game with the same token. And please, lets keep this discussion civil.

Fuchsdh

If a character claims to have such a strong moral judgement but then decides to ignore one monster while hating the other then I can't take that character seriously. Of course this cast a bad light on the author and structure of the book, and its intent. If the various characters are a way for us to understand and or view the actions of Halsey, then you have to treat other participants in the game with the same token. And please, lets keep this discussion civil.

I'm perfectly civil. I'm saying you aren't doing a good job reading the book if you missed all those moments I brought up.

People aren't perfect, and are probe to their own flaws and biases. As we learn in the end,
BB's own hatred of Halsey is not that of an objective or detached AI.
No one has ever managed not to be a hypocrite in some scenarios. The only interactions Vaz and Mal and Dev have with Osman is in the first book and they certainly don't like her much. They're constantly spending the novels wrestling with the fact that they are working for a very dirty group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom