• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

The best mug I currently own, and has been for a long time.

DSC_4308.jpg

Is this for Euro people too? I'd love to enter!

Yep! (Which is why I waited til later.) They're nothing too fancy or anything, but it's neat to have signed memorabilia from Sparth. (Sparth is super freaking nice in real life, though he may be haunted by springs now.)

Edit: Where in the world did you get that mug, Major?

Yep! (Which is why I waited til later.) They're nothing too fancy or anything, but it's neat to have signed memorabilia from Sparth. (Sparth is super freaking nice in real life, though he may be haunted by springs now.)

Awesome! I'll test my luck then :)

Hopefully, I'll be able to bring some awesome goodies, pictures or videos from gamescom this year for you guys.

Lars B gave it to me when I went to PAX '08. My understanding was it was for employees, but they ordered a bunch and had some leftover for some swag for a few folks. (some other PAX guys got it too I think)

The other side is an outline of a grunt btw.

I would trade all of those for some amazing pre-rendered cutscenes.

-I'll be playing the same-looking game graphically for 8+ hours so a little variety would be nice.
-A few extra seconds of load time isn't that huge of a difference to me.
-Dynamic armor controlled by the player was kind of silly for campaign.
-Aside from Peace Walker, camera control during cutscenes in most games is pointless and adds nothing but players trying to be the best shakey-cam director ever.

Prerendered cutscenes are a thing of the past.
They were good when the I game graphics weren't very good because they could create a whole new environment to tell the story in.
But that is exactly why we won't see them in the future.
They isolate the player from full immersion into the story, and that is the goal of video games.

Plus, halo 4 has been designed for cinematic graphics.
So why would they prerender the cutscenes when the engine can render those types of scenes?

And as stated above, HD video takes a lot of space on the disk.
We are already really limited with DVDs.

MrBig

What's this then? I'd love to get in on it

Just popping in from vacation to note this

Not Lough, High - 30,000cR
Earn a score of 250,000 in any mission in the Reach Campaign.

The final weekly that Bungie.net and any site using the Reach API will be able to see. Somewhat anticlimatic re-using a weekly we saw last month. Not even a Pillar of Autumn LASO.

Isn't that like the third campaign weekly in a row?

Pathetic.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tashi, wtf.
I laughed

Holy shit, I can see myself reflected in its eyes. Makes it even creepier.

What's this then? I'd love to get in on it

I added you to the list. :^)

-----------------------

And the winners are:

Hypertrooper
Boomwood
op_ivy

I'll be shipping the journals sometime this week. I still have three more. If Louis wants them, I'll let him give them away at HBO; otherwise, I'll give them to three more GAFers. :^)

I added you to the list. :^)

-----------------------

And the winners are:

Hypertrooper
Boomwood
op_ivy

I'll be shipping the journals sometime this week. I still have three more. If Louis wants them, I'll let him give them away at HBO; otherwise, I'll give them to three more GAFers. :^)

Awesome, congrats guys!

Top Bottom