• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

someone just posted this about game informer info with proof on page two.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst71572_So-I-just-Read-the-New-Game-Informer.aspx

waiting to make sure this isn't super ultra troll, and if it's true im probably going to cancel my pre-order :/

I want to read it myself, his write up was slightly negative and so im wary of reading too far into his opinions. If thats accurate I dont think I will bother too much with the multiplayer, its a Halo game though so I will certainly still get it day one but I would get it day one even if I knew it was only to do one run through of the campaign lol.

someone just posted this about game informer info with proof on page two.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst71572_So-I-just-Read-the-New-Game-Informer.aspx

waiting to make sure this isn't super ultra troll, and if it's true im probably going to cancel my pre-order :/

Proof:

removed, on waypoint

IcK0T.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just pulled out a Game Informer to compare paper size. It matches up.
Although while the mag may be real, I don't want to believe the info until I see high-quality pics of the magazine text.

Karl2177

As I was reading that my face went from happy to disappointed. Lack of Firefight, progression system for AAs, return of Camo AA, weapon drops, and more are bad. I want classic Halo option out of the box. I don't want to create a shitty replacement gametype to attempt it.

Danny 117

I can honestly say that most of that stuff sounded terrible and this franchise is going in the complete opposite direction I had hoped.
Forerunner Vision? Really?

Please don't be true.

Arnie

Holy shit, that's close to a nightmare interpretation of Halo 4 from my own perspective, as well as those who wish to play the game competitively.

If that's real then I can't conceivably get excited for Halo 4. Seriously.

I will wait until we get FULL and confirmed details until I say anything.
Just admit it, it sounds bad.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. Now let's contemplate why this might be bad. Let's say Halo spawns are... not so great. A skilled player out BRs/DMRs/whatevers a unskilled player. Now that unskilled player can immediately respawn and find you before your shields even regenerate! I understand 343 is trying to speed up the game, but they must understand the consequences of instant spawns.

This is the only thing that sounds trollish to me.

If this is real....it may just be the guy's wording, but it sounds horrible.

kylej

Banned
No More Weapon Camping

One the skills that separated veteran players from inexperienced players was the ability to time power weapons' spawns. In Halo 4, this will be near impossible. Weapons drop down in drop pods at random locations around the map. Quoted from the article, "This gives the matches other focal points, and it also helps alleviate the advantage longtime players always used to have over newer recruits; the best weapons are not always going to be found at the same spawn locations." Unless there is a distinguishable skill gap between players, I most definitely do not like this idea.

No More Respawn Delay

Immediately after you die, by tapping the X button you are sent back into the match. Now let's contemplate why this might be bad. Let's say Halo spawns are... not so great. A skilled player out BRs/DMRs/whatevers a unskilled player. Now that unskilled player can immediately respawn and find you before your shields even regenerate! I understand 343 is trying to speed up the game, but they must understand the consequences of instant spawns.

smack-10(1).gif
smack-10(1).gif
smack-10(1).gif

smack-10(1).gif
smack-10(1).gif
smack-10(1).gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
GUYS STOP QUOTING/POSTING LINKS AND IMAGES. YOU WILL GET BANNED

Seriously

Also, anyone who quoted anyone who talked about sending scans, edit your posts.

TheOddOne

"You're gonna start off as a recruit, and proceed trough the ranks," said lead multiplayer designer Brad Welch. As you rank up you'll unlock more abilities. Players slowly unlock an array of weapons, armour abilities and modifications for a soldier to bring into battle.

THE FUCK.

Spartan Ops sounds baller as fuck though.

kylej

Banned
If no set weapon spawns/timers, and no set respawn times are in the game, I'm done with Halo, because it's not Halo it's just chasing COD money with Spartans instead of dudes. If that summary is true my eyes are gonna fall out of my head.

Kibbles

The elite looks cool (edit: oh wow just saw a HQ pic, the skin on that thing, damnnn) haven't read the summary yet. Hope there are campaign pics, all these MP shots of Wraparound is all there is.

Arnie

At least the DMR is now as aesthetically pleasing as it is to shoot. We can take solace in that.

Frank, we (I) need some serious soothing after this. What were you guys thinking?

Join in progress.
Random weapon spawns.
Instant spawning after death.
See through walls.
Armour abilities.

"You're gonna start off as a recruit, and proceed trough the ranks," said lead multiplayer designer Brad Welch. As you rank up you'll unlock more abilities. Players slowly unlock an array of weapons, armour abilities and modifications for a soldier to bring into battle.
Are these tears of laughter or sadness?

That has to be fake!

No elites in multiplayer means no invasion = what the actual fuck are you thinking 343?

The random spawns thing sounds retarded, c'mon!

Edit: Instant spawn! WTF is this?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Holy shit, I think it's real.

If it's real, I swear it's like 343 took a bucket of everything I never ever wanted in Halo and just poured it on.

Again, if this is real...I may be done with Halo.

I'm not ok with the random weapons, Camo armor ability, or instant respawns. How are you supposed to get an extermination with instant respawns?

Top Bottom