• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

FyreWulff

gkWhZ.jpg

Well, Microsoft DOES own Perfect Dark's engine now. Might as well make use of that $375,000,000 they paid for it.

Overdoziz

Banned
I still don't understand why they don't just put AAs on the maps as pick-ups. That way you can prevent certain AAs from being abused on certain maps but simply not putting them on it. It also makes it easier to create maps around specific AAs instead of having to adjust the map to every AA.

Fracas

#fuckonami
After playing Boneyard a lot yesterday and today, I don't understand why the other half of the map is even there, other than for Invasion. You might as well split the map in half in Forge and put them into MM as 2 separate maps.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
After playing Boneyard a lot yesterday and today, I don't understand why the other half of the map is even there, other than for Invasion. You might as well split the map in half in Forge and put them into MM as 2 separate maps.
Because it's the definitive Halo from the people that brought you Halo.

feel

You know that feel when you remember Invasion or anything Elites is gone from competitive matchmaking in Halo 4? So good.

You know that feel when you remember Invasion or anything Elites is gone from competitive matchmaking in Halo 4? So good.

that alone is enough reason to buy halo 4. if i was able to survive 1.5 years of AA in reach, im sure i will be able to accept AA in halo 4

I didn't mind Invasion, but I do agree it was not fully fleshed out and ultimately was a resource drainer. Its too bad, because Invasion in concept is pretty awesome, but the end result was a mixed bag.

Karl2177

I'm different!

Halo Reach
Sniper Kills: 3978
Headshots: 1324
Ratio: 33%

Halo 3
Sniper kills: 7282
Sniper headshots: 3327
Ratio: 46%

I just looked at yours to see what's different. For Reach, mine says you have 2281 sniper kills and 1341 medals. Which ends up being around 58%.

Also, I'm just over one-third complete with collecting HaloGAF stats. My graphs were looking nice and had an almost perfect curve in terms of DMR kills/games played. Then I put in HiredN00bs, and the right side of the graph skyrockets. Hopefully there's another player who is in between him and B M ARAGON or else that particular graph is gonna look really funny.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You're right, but:

better yet, why was boneyard even included.
Boneyard is pretty much entirely unfun. Yup, opposite of fun.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lol this is true. I kind of want to split Boneyard in two and play customs on the other half, just to see how it plays.
I'd join in! I really want to try out that "Bonus Slayer" gametype I made a few weeks back, with bonus points for headshots, etc. It'll probably play like crap, but I wanna try it anyways.

Also, that stats stuff is awesome, Karl.

FyreWulff

Well it has the official xbox casing, unless someone replaced the actually drive...

Is there anyway to get the emulator software back or try to download it?

It SHOULD prompt to download it when the game starts. All I can suggest is

1. Perform System Maintenance on your HDD and try to start Halo 2 again (clean the disc while you're at it)

2. Pull the HDD out and back in to reseat it.

3. If that doesn't work, delete Halo 2's entire directory and attempt to load it again (you'll lose the DLC maps if you downloaded them, though). It may have become corrupted. The 360 likes to do this to OXbox games.

feel

Too bad you still have Invasion Slayer/Skirmish's power weapon spawning system in the rest of the game now.
j2tw1XFqajDLZ.jpg

Or at least I don't feel like I should even be worrying about that when AAs and Sprint are back for yet another game.

@DavisEllis Is there a timeframe for when the delicious pictures from that mag will hit the web (officially)?

I've always wanted playlists that separate DMR/BR type stuff from AR stuff.

I'm primarily a DMR/BR user, but sometimes I like to relax and have some fun with an AR. AR gametypes play differently and I enjoy them from time to time.

It sucks when you can't play them because they're always getting voted over.

FyreWulff

I've always wanted playlists that separate DMR/BR type stuff from AR stuff.

I'm primarily a DMR/BR user, but sometimes I like to relax and have some fun with an AR. AR gametypes play differently and I enjoy them from time to time.

It sucks when you can't play them because they're always getting voted over.

Unfortunately playlists tend to become centric to one gun or the other, and the options fall away over the game's lifespan. They really should not bother with starting 4's BTB as AR start. They did that with 3 and Reach and eventually made them 100% BR each time. Just cut to the chase, damnit. Same with Team Objective.

Nobody's going to be using the AR though when you've got the BR, DMR, and Carbine all in the same game. Don't even know why you'd choose any weapon that does midrange in a game with 3 role redundant rifles. Hopefully they aren't slathered all over campaign. It's gonna get boring if you're just cycling BR/DMR/Carbine throughout the entire story.

senador

Banned
Unfortunately playlists tend to become centric to one gun or the other, and the options fall away over the game's lifespan. They really should not bother with starting 4's BTB as AR start. They did that with 3 and Reach and eventually made them 100% BR each time. Just cut to the chase, damnit. Same with Team Objective.

Nobody's going to be using the AR though when you've got the BR, DMR, and Carbine all in the same game. Don't even know why you'd choose any weapon that does midrange in a game with 3 role redundant rifles. Hopefully they aren't slathered all over campaign. It's gonna get boring if you're just cycling BR/DMR/Carbine throughout the entire story.

j2tw1XFqajDLZ.jpg

Do we know they are going to be redundant? I don't think we do yet.

I'm sure they've balanced them out and they have different strengths and weaknesses. Gears 3 allows you to choose between three rifles for start-up, and it works rather well, they're all perfectly viable and balanced against each other.

The Assault Rifle...yeah, IDK. Maybe it's your secondary weapon or some shit.

senador

Banned
Eah are so slightly different, it just comes down to taste. Having players choose what to roll with is kind of awesome.

We don't know yet what the rate of fire, shots to kill, clip sizes, and range are like for each of these weapons yet though. I agree though, I'm glad for it even if its just preference. In Reach, I pick up the Needle Rifle anytime I can as I prefer it to the DMR even though its slower to kill.

We don't know yet what the rate of fire, shots to kill, clip sizes, and range are like for each of these weapons yet though. I agree though, I'm glad for it even if its just preference. In Reach, I pick up the Needle Rifle anytime I can as I prefer it to the DMR even though its slower to kill.

Exactly, can't wait to see what 343 has planned.

Tawpgun

just want to say PAX was fun and all the halogaffers I met were all awesome people
:D

Also Trial Evolution is the shit

Never got Trials. Gonna get Evolution day 1. They had so many stations for trials whenever there was nothing else to do I would be on that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Exact same kill time and scope zoom (2X) for all precision rifles that you can spawn with, please.
I expect shots to kill will be the same, but some guns (DMR?) might shoot slower, making kill times slower. This is just speculation.

FyreWulff

j2tw1XFqajDLZ.jpg

Do we know they are going to be redundant? I don't think we do yet.

We've seen two of them, one in video, and the unseen one's usage is pretty well defined by it's appearance in two other games.

At this point, it seems more like they'll be player preference for starting choice than anything. They'll probably be able to have them available as choices across all of multiplayer, since cutting Elites from multiplayer would certainly buy you more RAM to play with. That DMR has a scope only a mother could love though.

Ugh, driving back home, still have 2 hours to go, it's midnight, I have a cold, tired as shit, drinking red bull and listening to the Glasslands audiobook.

I guess things could be worse...

I think that's exactly my point, y'know? Why put the AR in a playlist that's just going to become more BR/DMR centric over time? Save the poor thing, put it in a playlist called "Team Autos" or something, no rifles on the map.

In fact, if the SMG is back in the game (which is doubtful) make a "Team Close Quarters" playlist. SMG/Pistol start, ARs and Shotguns on the map. Would be funtimes. Plus, it'd fit in with the whole "Training on the Infinity" thing. Close quarters training! Woo!

FyreWulff

I think that's exactly my point, y'know? Why put the AR in a playlist that's just going to become more BR/DMR centric over time? Save the poor thing, put it in a playlist called "Team Autos" or something, no rifles on the map.

In fact, if the SMG is back in the game (which is doubtful) make a "Team Close Quarters" playlist. SMG/Pistol start, ARs and Shotguns on the map. Would be funtimes. Plus, it'd fit in with the whole "Training on the Infinity" thing. Close quarters training! Woo!

Eh, they probably should just demote it to a map pickup in multiplayer. Thing is already useless in TU Reach, along with all the other weapons they broke. It's only really good for tearing vehicles up.

I expect it to mostly feature in campaign.

Eh, they probably should just demote it to a map pickup in multiplayer. Thing is already useless in TU Reach. It's only really good for tearing vehicles up.

I expect it to mostly feature in campaign.

If you demote it to a map pick-up, it just won't get picked up. The thing is useless against anyone with a rifle, unless they're situationally unaware, in which case I could kill them with anything.

While it is useless, it's only useless because the things around it are better. While it would make sense in real life for an AR to exist for close quarters, that doesn't translate well to video games, especially Halo, where the BR is king at all ranges.

That's why I think it should have its own playlist. It promotes a different style of play, it's a little less serious, a little more hectic.

And again, as a disclaimer, I'm not one of those people that thinks the BR is the worst thing ever and should be nerfed, I just have a soft spot for the AR in my heart hardened by years of MLG gametypes.

Part of me thinks BR spread will be returning, just to balance it against the DMR. DMR=slower to fire, pinpoint accurate, BR would be faster and a little less accurate.

FyreWulff

Part of me thinks BR spread will be returning, just to balance it against the DMR. DMR=slower to fire, pinpoint accurate, BR would be faster and a little less accurate.

BR is already confirmed to have no spread.

Well, there goes that theory. As others had mentioned, Gears 3 has a pretty cool system and I was hoping it'd be similar to that. EPIC did a great job balancing those starting weapons in my opinion, which is unfortunately shaped by fairly limited experience.

Then they went and added the Sawed Off to the game. Oh well, next time I guess

BR is already confirmed to have no spread.

Well, there goes that theory. As others had mentioned, Gears 3 has a pretty cool system and I was hoping it'd be similar to that. EPIC did a great job balancing those starting weapons in my opinion, which is unfortunately shaped by fairly limited experience.

Top Bottom