• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Overdoziz

Banned
Will there be remakes from Halo 3 maps like Guardian? –xRCNx VorteX

We aren’t discussing MP maps beyond Wraparound and War House, and while the vast majority of our maps will be brand new, we also know what the ladies (and gents) like.

remakes confirmed
Confirmed a long time ago.

/hypertrooper

Will there be remakes from Halo 3 maps like Guardian? –xRCNx VorteX

We aren’t discussing MP maps beyond Wraparound and War House, and while the vast majority of our maps will be brand new, we also know what the ladies (and gents) like.

remakes confirmed

Awesome new avatar, Lockout confirmed.

If i remember correctly they couldnt use the old BSP from the Halo 2 lockout because it was ... broken in some way.

Hopefully the can get a remake as close to accurate as possible.

Ideally id love EVERY old halo map to come back but if i had to pick 5.

Last Resort/Zanzibar
Lockout
Midship
High Ground
Sidewinder.

Alt list

Backwash
Isolation
Elongation
Spire
Orbital

WJD

If i remember correctly they couldnt use the old BSP from the Halo 2 lockout because it was ... broken in some way.

Last Resort/Zanzibar
Lockout
Midship
High Ground
Sidewinder

Add Burial Grounds to that list and you're onto a winner.

Halo 1: NONE
Halo 2: Breaking Benjamin - "Blow Me Away"
Halo 3: NONE

I hope Breaking Benjamin makes it's way into Halo 4 in a big way.

I laughed. Anyway...

Halo 1: Brothers in Arms, The Maw, Undercover of Night, A Walk in the Woods, Beyond a Pale Horse
Halo 2: In Amber Clad; Heretic, Hero; Remembrance
Halo 3: Behold a Pale Horse, One Final Effort, Halo Reborn, Tribute, Never Forget.

None of these three, however, compare to ODST's soundtrack.

ODST: Deference to Darkness, Neon Nigh, Traffic Jam, The Rookie...all of it.
Reach: Winter Contingency

Last Resort/Zanzibar
Lockout
Midship
High Ground
Sidewinder

The Pit and a good Blood Gulch/ Valhalla remake should be on there.

If we get a remake, I want it to be one we never got a remake of it before. So no Zanzibar, no Lockout, no Midship, etc. I'd love to see Valhala, if I had to choose just one.

Really, I just want good BTB maps more then anything. *watch everybody vote BTB Slayer every time*

*sigh*

You know, I do enjoy Reach despite its many flaws, and I have defended it in the past.. That said, I recently picked up Halo 3 and man did it click.. while the game is perfect, it is very refreshing to play compared to Reach, and I really hope Halo 4 can capture best of the Halo 2/3 gameplay.

On the subject of remakes, while tough here is my list of wants:

Lockout
The Pit
Guardian
Valhalla
Terminal
Midship
(And almost every other map from Halo 2. My god where they good.)

While Day 1 DLC is a sour spot for most, and for good reason, I think Gears 2 handled it well with the 'flashback mappack'. I would love for 343 to get something out like that which comes free with every new copy of the game, maybe they could work with Certain Affinity again to get some remakes out there while 343 ships the game with new maps.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
am i the only one that loved colossus? i never hear it mentioned in favorites lists (or, unfavorites even)

You know, I do enjoy Reach despite its many flaws, and I have defended it in the past.. That said, I recently picked up Halo 3 and man did it click.. while the game is perfect, it is very refreshing to play compared to Reach, and I really hope Halo 4 can capture best of the Halo 2/3 gameplay.

On the subject of remakes, while tough here is my list of wants:

Lockout
The Pit
Guardian
Valhalla
Terminal
Midship
(And almost every other map from Halo 2. My god where they good.)

While Day 1 DLC is a sour spot for most, and for good reason, I think Gears 2 handled it well with the 'flashback mappack'. I would love for 343 to get something out like that which comes free with every new copy of the game, maybe they could work with Certain Affinity again to get some remakes out there while 343 ships the game with new maps.

Gods be good forge will be so diverse we wont need any remakes.

Forge 3.0 AKA Holodeck. BELIEVE

That was the Forerunner map with all the gas tanks right?

Yuh, gigantic ass map with bad sight lines and pretty bad weapon placement and a "Borken" man cannon + death traps in the floor.

Nice aesthetic

Havok

am i the only one that loved colossus? i never hear it mentioned in favorites lists (or, unfavorites even)
Some fond memories of that map, yeah, but the Beam Rifle domination was pretty ridiculous. That map would have been better without it.

op_ivy

That was the Forerunner map with all the gas tanks right?

562116_20041105_screen061.jpg

Fracas

#fuckonami
Borrowed Mass Effect 3 from a friend today, and just booted it up. Apparently I can't import my character's face from ME2? Awesome. I thought a major feature of the franchise was continuity?

Also saw the game breaking patch thread on the Gaming Side.
Didn't care too much for the demo either.

Obviously, expectations are sky high!
I'm sure I'll like it, I like ME1 & 2 a lot

Borrowed Mass Effect 3 from a friend today, and just booted it up. Apparently I can't import my character's face from ME2? Awesome. I thought a major feature of the franchise was continuity?

Its a bug/error something to do with your previous imports and hard drives. Takes all of 5 mins to remake any character

Multiplayer is the Tits in this game, so fracking good.

Id lower them ..

op_ivy

Please don't taint good maps with AAs, thanks.

frankie seemed to readily shoot down that what we saw in the initial CG traile was a "jet pack", so i'm still hopeful that the "jet pack" we are still seeing in halo 4 is more of a boost pack and not as level breaking as the reach incarnation...

Gods be good forge will be so diverse we wont need any remakes.

Forge 3.0 AKA Holodeck. BELIEVE

As long as Forge 3.0 brings to the table what every forge centric map has in the past, as well as new features it should be decent. But it absolutely needs more visual variety, whether from optional skyboxes, atmospheric effects or texture swapping options.

Yes, I loved that map! Halo 2.. how I miss you.

Please don't taint good maps with AAs, thanks.

What we need are maps designed with AA's in mind. I am thinking a Giant Jetpack flying through space will be a battleground designed with jetpacks in mind (complete with mini jetpacks which whizz around trying to knock you off the giant jetpack. Forcing you to jetpack back onto the jetpack.), a circus style hall of mirrors map would supplement Hologram. A map made completely out of see through glass will work well for Forerunner vision.

Thats the kind of forward thinking and innovation which will hopefully make Halo 4 brilliant.

If we get a remake, I want it to be one we never got a remake of it before. So no Zanzibar, no Lockout, no Midship, etc. I'd love to see Valhala, if I had to choose just one.

Really, I just want good BTB maps more then anything. *watch everybody vote BTB Slayer every time*

*sigh*

I think some maps have been done near to death at this point, I have never been a fan of beaver creek so I would be quite happy if that doesnt come back, that map has been in every Halo game except 3. Same with Hang em High which I did quite like. Blood Gulch is a series classic though, and needs to come back in some form.

derFeef

I just played (well, tried) anniversary the first time today, it looks and plays pretty good except some small stuff. So much memories.... but I am pretty rusty. Those damn Elites in the narrow spaces.

The patch allows you to import custom faces from 2 and the bug only seems to occur if you got th N7 Warfare pack thing.

GhaleonEB

What we need are maps designed with AA's in mind.

This. So much this. A map that plays well as is, but has certain chasms that can be crossed with jetpack, certain blind corners that Forerunner vision will be useful for, etc.

There's not a single remake in Reach that plays as good as the original because it wasn't designed with AA's as part of the sandbox.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Id lower them ..

What's bad about it, other than the ending? What I'm worried about most is that this is gonna be essentially a 3rd person shooter, with any semblance of plot thrown out the window.
Or at least that's how the demo made me feel.

And yes, I'm definitely looking forward to multiplayer.
spoilerish story thing, not much of one if at all:
I was told that in order to achieve the ending desired (ie defend the galaxy in the best way possible? Not really sure, the guy I talked to was vague), I pretty much had to play mutiplayer to get "resources", sort of like ME2 and the ship upgrades. Is that actually true?

The patch allows you to import custom faces from 2 and the bug only seems to occur if you got th N7 Warfare pack thing.
Good, I'm to lazy to replicate my Bobby Flay looking Shepard lol

edit 2: Wat. This isn't my Shepard.

So cryptic.
I took it to mean "Nooooooarrrrrrrooooowwwwwwsssss is coming back in Halo 4 everyone!".

I too would be willing to accommodate a Valhalla remake.

Guesses for what will get the remake/spiritual successor treatment:
Valhalla (useful for BTB and Team Slayer games)
Lockout
Midship
The Pit
Sidewinder

Those five maps would be a good start towards a balanced set of large/small, symmetrical/asymmetrical, and objective/slayer spaces in which to play. Five remakes might be a lot but those seem like the five best candidates (not necessarily my personal preferences).

zlatko

Banned
Got a question. What's the rules on using that image I mentioned that is from a publication that isn't allowed to be posted here on GAF, as an avatar?

I mean I'll be cropping it and such, but just wondered if it's okay to do so?

Kuroyume

Banned
Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please don't waste a spot on a Valhalla remake. Just let your fans do it in Forge. Also, don't want to see yet another Hang em high remake. With the exception of Beaver Creek or Sidewinder I don't want to see any more CE remakes.

kylej

Banned
Please make Forge a legitimate feature this time too. If Trials can do it, and Far Cry did it 4 years ago, Microsoft's biggest first-party game of the year can do it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Got a question. What's the rules on using that image I mentioned that is from a publication that isn't allowed to be posted here on GAF, as an avatar?

I mean I'll be cropping it and such, but just wondered if it's okay to do so?
Go for it.
If you want to get banned.

Please make Forge a legitimate feature this time too. If Trials can do it, and Far Cry did it 4 years ago, Microsoft's biggest first-party game of the year can do it.
This reminds me, we should be able to place invisible barriers. Soft and hard kill zones only get you so far.

Yeah, for sure. I screw around with Forge a lot, and having a terrain editor in addition to a bunch of other new features (can't think of any right now) would be great.

Forget Forge World, just give us a couple generic spaces of different sizes, some topography control, and more color pallets

Falagard

This. So much this. A map that plays well as is, but has certain chasms that can be crossed with jetpack, certain blind corners that Forerunner vision will be useful for, etc.

There's not a single remake in Reach that plays as good as the original because it wasn't designed with AA's as part of the sandbox.

I disagree, fuck the armor abilities. I want the maps to be fun without armor abilities. Get those jetpacks out of my Halos.

Top Bottom