• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Loving the slow mos, Comp.

And nice tease, Ellis.

Havok

Sixteen and twenty megabyte gifs.

:|

The page loaded just fine on my iPhone 3Gs.

I waited until page 3 so they don't all appear on the same page either.
Chrome on my admittedly modest laptop is chugging every time I have to scroll past them.

Korosenai

Based on that evidence posted earlier about the armor abilities (jetpack, the AA thing on his back, etc.), i'll be super pissed if armor lock is in the game.

That sequence is merely a whisper on the breeze.

I have heard things. Things you people wouldn't believe...

Well, now you HAVE to include some sounds in the next Sparkast.

I remember back in the day when Bungie included some sounds of the weapons from Reach in their podcast, including a super secret sound that ended up being the Plasma Launcher. Good times.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
You must not remember it very well, then.

There have been giant posts and debates on what each game has done better than the others, and people have reasons for their opinions. You might choose to ignore that those reasons have been put out there, or have your own opinions based on your experience (weird how that works), but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

I remember it well. If you consider getting matched with people on different continents, modders, or standbyers, I guess it technically had matchmaking.

I think a lot of people let the fact that it was the first huge xbox live title skew their memories, just because it was fun at the time, doesn't mean it's still fun.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Thanks, much better.

---

War House is giving me a Condemned vibe which I'm not sure about. But the cyclops will be good fun.

Raide

Based on that evidence posted earlier about the armor abilities (jetpack, the AA thing on his back, etc.), i'll be super pissed if armor lock is in the game.

It will be back but you can only Armour Lock your own head to prevent head-shots.

Computron

Thanks, much better. :)

Forgot about all you netbookers and Limited Data-Planers

Either way, the .GIFs are awesome. Definitely take a look, I slowed the time between each frame so those of you with out special video software can take a close look.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I actually have a really important question although I'm not sure if can be revealed. Will teabagging be 1:1 as it is in Reach or will be like a set animation like in Halo 2? I know this hasn't been announced yet but I was hoping to get an inside scoop

I actually have a really important question although I'm not sure if can be revealed. Will teabagging be 1:1 as it is in Reach or will be like a set animation like in Halo 2? I know this hasn't been announced yet but I was hoping to get an inside scoop

lol best question anyone has asked about this game so far

Computron

more importantly, does the ragdoll lay all static or does it join in the fun?

What I am saying is, Can I teabag someone off a cliff?

It reminds me of Orbital somewhat, which is not good.

Art wise?

VW6Gn.gif

Gameplay wise, maybe

Redford

aka Cabbie
Forgot about all you netbookers and Limited Data-Planers

Either way, the .GIFs are awesome. Definitely take a look, I slowed the time between each frame so those of you with out special video software can take a close look.

The first one is awesome. I have a question though, are these depth effects applied in the ViDoc's post production?

Warehouse looks great - seems like there are a lot of jumps/shortcuts to be made with that geometry.

Agreed. If thrusters are really just short "poots" and are directional (and hopefully can work in three dimensions since they're actual thrusters, not just dodging like Elites), you're going to be able to have a lot of fun evading enemies and setting up some decent traps as long as you have enough fuel and sense of direction.

To add to this - Will teabagging have the same effect it had in Halo 3? I thoroughly enjoyed the slight jiggle of the lifeless Spartan body whenever I teabagged one.

Computron

Agreed. If thrusters are really just short "poots" and are directional (and hopefully can work in three dimensions since they're actual thrusters, not just dodging like Elites), you're going to be able to have a lot of fun evading enemies and setting up some decent traps as long as you have enough fuel and sense of direction.

Imagine crysis 2 style ledge-grabbing and thruster:

76135-212235-randymarshjpg-620x.jpg

zap

Wow. I was going to skim read the other thread, but the posts linked from here scare me.

I haven't missed anything by just staying in this thread, right?

Regarding Frankie's "Nobody at 343, at any time said anything about random weapon placements."

Does this include random spawn timers?

Recarpo

I'm cautiously optimistic about a few things I saw/heard and really excited about everything else. I'm interested to see how the sound effects work out as it seems like it could blow your ears out if you're wearing headsets turned up high from the little bit in the video.

blamite

I don't know if I was the only one who saw this, but in one of those un-textured clips, it looks like Chief is pulling a box to his hand like a psi-power or force pull sort of gravity gun. If this is what I'm actually seeing, and this force power is actually part of the game, I'm gonna be pretty damn disappointed.

Or the box is falling towards him and he's moving to deflect it. :p

Tashi

And we can actually make those jumps.

I'm actually looking forward to exploring the maps with sprint. I'm gonna rip this game apart. Might start a useful jumps, ledges and tricks video series. Practical stuff you can use in gameplay to gain a competitive edge. Will do it for Halo 4, for every map. Someone remind me to do that when Halo 4 comes out :p

tMGxM.jpg

SWAG SWAG SWAG

in case anyone gets silly that's just a Reach figurine
Wow, nice.

image.php

Using Homeboyd's avatar image since I'm too lazy to get a bigger one... There's a lot of white on these models. Possiblity that these could be replaced with a play picked color à la Halo 2? Would be awesome.

The new one is slick but limited right now: http://secondapps.com/mockup.

I really like the use of stripes to break up the color and also make the players physical look stand out more. I also wouldn't mind if they added some of the worn out texture look to the legs like in Reach.

I'm pretty sure it will replace the Pro Pipe.

Hi Dax.
The Missile Pistol!

That sequence is merely a whisper on the breeze.

I have heard things. Things you people wouldn't believe...

Hell, I would be happy just to hear some raw gameplay from the BR gametype, but now you have me wanting more! I really hope we don't have to wait too long to see more.. I at least hope to see something similar to the B-Roll footage and maybe some direct feed MP shots?

I'm actually looking forward to exploring the maps with sprint. I'm gonna rip this game apart. Might start a useful jumps, ledges and tricks video series. Practical stuff you can use in gameplay to gain a competitive edge. Will do it for Halo 4, for every map. Someone remind me to do that when Halo 4 comes out :p

I might be able to help out

I might be able to help out

Same, I've been trick-lurking since Halo 2. I figured out how to get to the Control Room on Uprising by myself just because I wasn't aware HIH existed back then, and I've been doing stupid stuff with Brute Shots and Concussion Rifles ever since. Thrusters and Sprint are just going to be icing on the cake.

Tashi

I don't necessarily mean trick jumping, although that stuff is fun. I used to break some HaloGAF maps for Halo 3 so they could be fixed and submitted for matchmaking. I mean more tactical jumps. Stuff that can be used for competitive play and actually should be used.

I don't necessarily mean trick jumping, although that stuff is fun. I used to break some HaloGAF maps for Halo 3 so they could be fixed and submitted for matchmaking. I mean more tactical jumps. Stuff that can be used for competitive play and actually should be used.
that's what I do (or try to anyway). I don't care about the rockets and brute shot stuff. I liked the old Shraptain videos before that

Top Bottom