• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Fracas

#fuckonami
Man, that song from the making of vidoc is so good. Can't wait to hear more from the OST

edt: seriously, what is up with the gaming side thread? None of what they're saying makes any sense at all.

Krispy

gif3bqadk.gif

That is all.

I could watch this every damn day, forever.

FyreWulff

I was more talking about the rampant misogyny and racism that they've displayed of late, but um yeah, it was pretty bad when they said Halo 3 looked like Halo 2.

You guys are the only reason I'm a member of this site. Don't let me down.

I'm looking at you blamite.

Oh, whoops, was thinking about the wrong thread :lol . That too, though.

I'm having a blast with Reach these past few days. I remember I stopped playing Reach becouse it got boring, but it's fun again =P I'm playing with a regular buddy and we always set objectives like who gets the most headshots, longest spree etc. Stuff like that makes the game more fun imo.

Sai-kun

Banned
look at all the fucks i give

half of gaf says DONT FUCKING DO IT
other half says Why not? whats the big deal?

I feel like that thread is a lot of noise and I'm too lazy to go over there and type this up so I'll just say it here.

As long as you make it clear that it's just a temporary thing up front, then there won't be (shouldn't be) any hard feelings if things go south. If things go swimmingly, then y'all will have enjoyed each other's company and gotten a lot closer, and maybe you can plan for her to stay longer or something.

Blueblur1

I feel like that thread is a lot of noise and I'm too lazy to go over there and type this up so I'll just say it here.

As long as you make it clear that it's just a temporary thing up front, then there won't be (shouldn't be) any hard feelings if things go south. If things go swimmingly, then y'all will have enjoyed each other's company and gotten a lot closer, and maybe you can plan for her to stay longer or something.

^This.

TheOddOne

I usually would post Frankie or Ellis teases in the other thread, but I now feel it would be useless with all the sneak trolling going around there.

ZalinKrow

So, are we expecting to hear something tomorrow, by tomorrow, or sometime after tomorrow? I know the bulletin was set for Thursday, right? I just don't know if that means we expect to have the news by then or what :p

DeYAR.gif

So, uh, Halo... yeah.

Excited for PAX. Unfortunately I don't think I'll make it to the Reach tournament. :(
Yeah. I won't make it to the Reach tournament either. :(

So, are we expecting to hear something tomorrow, by tomorrow, or sometime after tomorrow? I know the bulletin was set for Thursday, right? I just don't know if that means we expect to have the news by then or what :p
People assume that the GameInformer is going to reveal Halo 4 as a Cover story and that's the reason why bulletin moved from Wed to Thursday. Right now we know nothing if we even get news. But the Sparkast, previous bulletin teased already that we don't have to wait long for new Halo 4 infos.

Kind of as Hyper said. I'm keeping any expectations in check, better to just let things play out rather than building up ambiguity.

If there is a GI reveal it'd be spread out over a week at least anyway, with a hub area on their website.

ZalinKrow

Ah okay, thanks guys. Some news sure would be great. All this teasing is cruel heh.

Also, I should be up for more Reach tonight if people are on.

You can do better than that haha. You'd better play too. Although some Castlevania is also acceptable.

Only on one occasion, can you please learn the lyrics to her name is Lola, I'm tired of carrying you through the song every damn night. :p

Yes, I realise it's me screwing/making it better.

Castlevania tonight, with or without Calum.

kylej

Banned
Go to class, you'll laugh more there.

I said ouch.

Hopefully its not too late to turn the graphics down and boost up that framerate.

343 is doing unprecedented things with the hardware, pushing to a new level of fidelity rarely seen in console games, with stunning visuals, immersive gameplay, and emotional story elements.

A framerate that dips to 8fps during competitive multiplayer is worth it for the canonical importance of a mech being built inside a level, or ships being blown up in the sky for the two total times you look up and see it because you're bored when the other team quits out.

I have my faith in the PSP SOCOM guy.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, Boston is the only city in the US where Green usually means stop.

Eh, the Green Line in DC goes to some places you'd rather not (Anacostia!)

Kylej, playing with a bog-standard (10 up/4 down) Comcast sub in the suburbs I have *never* seen the frame rate of Reach dip substantially, let alone as often as you talk about it. What broke hardware/horrible connection are you gaming on?

kylej

Banned
Kylej, playing with a bog-standard (10 up/4 down) Comcast sub in the suburbs I have *never* seen the frame rate of Reach dip substantially, let alone as often as you talk about it. What broke hardware/horrible connection are you gaming on?

You have never seen the frame rate dip substantially? Forge World makes up 80% of the maps in matchmaking so I'm not sure how that's possible. Tempest, Anchor 9, every Firefight map, every Forge map, Zealot and Countdown, every BTB map, Condemned (low-grav room LOL) and basically every map in the game will break down. This is after Bungie promised a completely re-built engine to ~*push the boundaries*~ of the Xbox 360.

The difference between you and I is that you're willing to accept any frame drops as long as they're not "too bad", I want a rock solid, flawless framerate. I see stupid shit like mechs being built inside a level and just know when nades start raining and rockets are flying around that I'll be trying to snipe and it'll be crawling along at a cinematic frame rate. Hope I'm wrong.

Never seen it dip substantially? Sure, opinion is a big factor, but kylej is right. It's very present, even on non-Forge maps, when in the presence of any large set of effects.
I wanted to clarify, and share this link. Dissatisfied?
Eh, somewhat. The link was the source for the article, I had read it, hence my comment.
What's this about Halo 4 being next gen looking?
People being people.

Top Bottom