• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Myyke

Neo Member
I've got no issues with anything I've read on the list, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually play it myself, as I have with every other Halo game.

One thing I have to say is I actually like the idea of the power weapons randomly dropping onto the field. I think it will encourage more spontaneous movement around the map and I like the idea of more free-form mini skirmishes occurring around the map with the aim to get to the weapons first. I've never been a huge fan of camping weapons.

Looking forward to see more details regarding the Player investment system, I feel that Reach's armoury and credits system was a big step in the right direction and I'm hoping this "Spartan Points" system makes things a bit deeper.

Didn't Frankie confirm it wouldn't be as simple as "training" a few weeks back? He said it would be meaningful for the story.

I haven't read Glasslands, so I don't know much about the UNSC Infinity, but my guess is that the multiplayer component of the game is going to be telling us the side-story of the Infinity and the Spartan IV's. I do think that just "training" would be a simple explanation, but it would become much more interesting if we gradually discover why they are training (the specific operation) over the course of multiplayer and firefight (assuming firefight also takes place in VR).

You mean you like FFA BK bonanzas designed to make retards feel good about themselves instead of competitive, rewarding skill-based Halo.

I prefer the challenge of adapting to unforseen, spontaneous, fast-forming scenarios over camping and clock-watching. WANNAFIGHTABOUTIT?!?!?!

kylej

Banned
I've got no issues with anything I've read on the list, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually play it myself, as I have with every other Halo game.

One thing I have to say is I actually like the idea of the power weapons randomly dropping onto the field. I think it will encourage more spontaneous movement around the map and I like the idea of more free-form mini skirmishes occurring around the map with the aim to get to the weapons first. I've never been a huge fan of camping weapons.

You mean you like FFA BK bonanzas designed to make retards feel good about themselves instead of competitive, rewarding skill-based Halo.

Arnie

Have you read any of his posts the past year? With this crazy ass info I'm starting to think they did hire him and kept it secret. Plus Sage. And a couple of Cooking Mama guys.

Haven't really followed HaloGAF for a while now (my drop correlates with a certain Halo game), my interest in the franchise bloomed. It got really intense around Halo 2 and 3, then started to shrink and shrink.

Thermite

Randomized (power?)weapon spawns, instant respawn, x-ray vision....X-RAY. VISION. IN A HALO GAME. Mother of fucking god, this is even worse than I had ever imagined it would be.

Goodbye Halo, I'll miss you.

Arnie

Randomized (power?)weapon spawns, instant respawn, x-ray vision....X-RAY. VISION. IN A HALO GAME. Mother of fucking god, this is even worse than I had ever imagined it would be.

Goodbye Halo, I'll miss you.

Anyone up for some FFA BK Bonanzas? I need to earn enough Spartan Points to unlock the see through walls power. Hopefully a rocket launcher will fall in front of me.

maybe this is just one playlist? I'm really reaching at this point, REALLY REACHING, but the opening line says, "a new multiplayer mode"

maybe just one playlist? i dont know..

kylej

Banned
Anyone up for some FFA BK Bonanzas? I need to earn enough Spartan Points to unlock the see through walls power. Hopefully a rocket launcher will fall in front of me.

Ok let's play Halo Ops for a little bit first though, I need to add camo to my custom BR.

Kuroyume

Banned
"The game is really about the return of the Master Chief," says creative directory Josh Holmes. "There's a lot of focus on what that means, both in terms of how we embody the play experience of being the Chief and really connect the player on a deeper level of immersion, as well as on the story side-exploring the Chief more as a character and as a man."

Wha....

Overdoziz

Banned
Since when is people camping at power weapon spawns a problem? I mean, really? Don't think I've ever seen that anywhere except for the Sniper spawn on Hemorrhage.

Let's fix a non-existent problem by no longer rewarding people who actually time weapon spawns and let's add some randomness.

Trey

If this is all real, these are my preliminary feelings:

Fuck not having Firefight.
Fuck no Elites.
Fuck X-Ray vision.
Fuck random timers.

There's no possible way this is real. After 343 went to such great lengths to disassociate the game from COD

Since when is people camping at power weapon spawns a problem? I mean, really? Don't think I've ever seen that anywhere except for the Sniper spawn on Hemorrhage.

Let's fix a non-existent problem by no longer rewarding people who actually time weapon spawns and let's add some randomness.

Let's jump to conclusions ;)

Karl2177

If the news is true, 343i just managed to make Reach look good(something I thought was impossible).

If not, then I'll wait for legitimate sources again. Until, this is disproven I will argue against the points made in it.

Kuroyume

Banned

Happens with the sniper all the time in every Halo game NOT JUST HEMORRHAGE. Not saying that I agree with this change just pointing that out...

I sure as hell don't like the sound of the weapon spawn/timer. What if I'm chasing some guy and all of the sudden rockets spawn right in front of him? That wouldn't be fair. I guess you could say it goes both ways. Sometimes my enemies will be in that spot and sometimes I will. I still don't like it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Somewhere, Sage is laughing his ass off

And it's hilarious. Frankie/343 has neither confirmed nor denied anything. I'll wait for confirmation before loving or hating 'wih the material' we've got.
If it was fake, couldn't he just say "it's fake, don't worry?".

feel

Not if sprint is a standard feature.
It's OK, I do remember playing Halo 2 back then and wishing I could have my weapon lowered while moving around locked in a single direction and then have my speed cut in half when I wanted to aim and shoot. Reach and Halo 4 finally delivered.

wtf_redneck_gifezivm.gif

Havok

Weapon respawns changing location, especially if there's a countdown and indicator, just mean that the people waiting for power weapons won't be great teams locking down a map using a valuable skill, they'll be kids standing on the waypoint and holding X or meleeing their teammates.

Would buy official confirmation or denial at a high price.

Arnie

If this was fake we'd know by now, especially as Frank has confirmed that he's aware of the current... situation.

You don't let this sort of reaction fester unless there's nothing you can do. You can't deny it because, factually, it's accurate, but you can't shed light on certain things that might alleviate our woes to some degree, either because they're included in the full cover story, or they're being kept secret for some later reveal.

Either way this thing looks close to irreparable from my perspective.

Top Bottom