• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Havok

It isn't entirely the same. You have to be in the drop zone for the counter to initiate. I'm talking about weapons spawning no matter what but now the player is alerted to when and where. HUD might become cluttered though
Functionally, the two are the same with the time spent in the area reduced - people from each team are still going to flock to that location.

Even then, you're removing one of the previously vital skills, knowledge of the map. A good team should have the timers and locations on the map memorized and be able to completely destroy a bad team because of it. Why announcing it to the world is bad is an argument that's been done in here to death.

Like I said before and in the other thread, I'm not writing anything off until we get details, but this doesn't leave a good first impression.

Ramirez

-Instant respawns?
-AA's returning?
-X-ray vision?
-Random power weapon spawns?

MJLAUGH.gif

Oh brother, hype killed and deflated.

Sai-kun

Banned
Well Forerunner vision basically is a UAV in COD. It lets you see players without actually having to see them.

I think what it is in this case is closer to X-Ray vision, and being able to see through walls, not necessarily having them show up on your radar. It's more like Blacklight Retribution (which y'all PC gamers should check out. F2P and fun.)

Trey

This doesnt seem real to me, but then again I thought jetpacks wasnt real.

Jetpacks are a squirrel fart in the wind compared to this.

I'm really excited to see how AAs will be reimplemented, but the systems behind it are not agreeable with me.

And I just can't comprehend that X-Ray vision thing in gameplay.

Waiting for footage, though.

-Instant respawns?
-AA's returning?
-X-ray vision?
-Random power weapon spawns?

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/TJRamirez3/MJLAUGH.gif[IMG]

Oh brother, hype killed and deflated.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I don't know how to remain positive at this point. There just aren't many ways I can see all of the things mentioned improving the game. Way too early to make any real judgments, but I feel 343 may have completely missed the boat..
[IMG]http://thinknice.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Funny-Animated-GIF-Boating-Fail.gif

Will wait for more info since it's not like the game is coming out tomorrow anyway.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There will be a podcast. Nerves will be soothed. Things explained. Items clarified.

I wouldn't worry.

Storm before the calm.

Ramirez

There will be a podcast. Nerves will be soothed. Things explained. Items clarified.

I wouldn't worry.

Storm before the calm.

Unless you guys are making another version of the MP along side the CoD version, I'm not sure how any nerves could be soothed. Instant respawns alone are enough to completely ruin the game, even if everything else about it was perfect.

The new Cortana in-game is pretty nice. Love her "new" look.

Yeah, makes her seem less artificial, which I think is a good thing.

So, about the story for the Multiplayer: I wonder if there's more to it than just VR training. I also wonder if the ship is gonna be the new Forge World..

Havok

Snow Bound was a few decisions away from greatness. Like...shield doors and weapon placement.

edit: Thanks Frank
Unbounded was not really any better than Snowbound.

They'd have to chop off about half that map to make it decent.

Probably the part that was underground.

And then some of it from the top part.

And then make a good map where those used to be instead.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I wouldn't worry.

Storm before the calm.

I don't suppose you can just directly say "this is fake", can you?

Although based on what you said, I take it that this "info" is not an outright fake.
Regardless, I eagerly await this podcast.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Unbounded was not really any better than Snowbound.

They'd have to chop off about half that map to make it decent.

Probably the part that was underground.

And then some of it from the top part.

And then make a good map where those used to be instead.

:lol or that

CyReN

I still trust Frankie. I won't complain too much until I play it, but you (343i/Frankie) have to drop that podcast soon, so much damage done in the competitive and casual community online at the moment, wait until IGN and Kotaku get a hold of this, word of mouth a bitch and what you say later may be muffled and people are quick to judge (obviously)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Unless you guys are making another version of the MP along side the CoD version, I'm not sure how any nerves could be soothed. Instant respawns alone are enough to completely ruin the game, even if everything else about it was perfect.

i'm pretty sure they are indeed going to have "pure" halo playlists in addition to these ones

OverHeat

« generous god »
So much bitching....nobody as play the game here? So calm down. Im sure that the game is being play tested by players from all skills and real fans of halo. I would not worry so much.

i'm pretty sure they are indeed going to have "pure" halo playlists in addition to these ones

FUCK THAT. I'm sick of Halo's player base being fucking split between two completely separate playstyles. Just make the vanilla game good damn it! Don't try to cater to two completely different sets of people!

So much bitching....nobody as play the game here? So calm down. Im sure that the game is being play tested by players from all skills and real fans of halo. I would not worry so much.

Remember Halo Reach and how we said "wait until we play it"? Halo Reach ended up sucking. Yeah, I'm not saying that this time around. It would take a miracle to make me happy about the direction 343 is taking Halo's multiplayer right now.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

Right, but then we have to go back to Thermite's point where we have to worry about a) said playlists having a healthy population and b) making sure the maps are catered to core Halo (which would mean having separate maps instead of dumping a Halo of Duty map into real Halo and vice versa).

feel

I wouldn't worry.

Storm before the calm.
Your voices are nice and all, but good luck trying to make all of this sound good.

The only way you could possibly get people to stop worrying is if you outright announced that there will be separate playlists at launch for all the Reach 2.0/ArmorAbility/COD stuff and the normal Halo 2/3 style gameplay. But this solution is not ideal either, sigh.. I wanna jump into the main slayer playlist like in Halo 2 and 3 and play a fresh feeling Halo that is just plain fun and balanced and doesn't have horrible stuff that goes against the fundamentals.

Kibbles

Yeah, makes her seem less artificial, which I think is a good thing.

So, about the story for the Multiplayer: I wonder if there's more to it than just VR training. I also wonder if the ship is gonna be the new Forge World..

Morethanjustamap

idk where I'm going with this

Top Bottom