• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

So much hate over a game we haven't played or seen a lot of. I'm excited to see the new changes. I'm happy that they added a drop in-out system. I know a lot of hardcore are gonna bitch, but I'm glad that I can play a few matches and quit if I have to leave without being penalized.
I'm happy about this in social playlists 'cause being SOL because your team bailed and you get penalized anyway for leaving as well was the fucking worst.

Fracas

#fuckonami
It'll be amusing to look back on these posts once we, you know, actually know what we're talking about rather than guessing from some buzz words.

If this "leak" is correct, how is any of this jumping to conclusions? Even if this new, horrible part of Halo exists only in half the game, then you've split the playerbase yet again. And it's not like we're misinterpreting it, the article is pretty clear about the changes.

Apology in advance if I'm coming off as rude, this news really bothers me

Instant respawns is a buzz word?

Hopefully they asked Rare if they can add the Farsight into the game.

Ok all-knowing Ram, what is the context of this 'instant respawn'? Limited to social playlists? MLG exclusive? Will I need to buy that first with Spartan Points?

So much context is lacking, but no, you guys have it figured out ;)

senador

Banned
I still trust Frankie. I won't complain too much until I play it, but you (343i/Frankie) have to drop that podcast soon, so much damage done in the competitive and casual community online at the moment, wait until IGN and Kotaku get a hold of this, word of mouth a bitch and what you say later may be muffled and people are quick to judge (obviously)

Maybe for Halo purists and hardcore fans, but for non fans and non purists, this news could be pretty cool. I can't see IGN and other big sites ripping 343 apart over this.

I'm not defending it, just posting my thoughts regarding this. I'd like to wait for more info and clarification before canceling preorders and declaring Halo dead (not that you were, just in general). Lolz

I, for one, am waiting for when Frankie tells us Halo 4 introduces a new Arbiter who says "Here comes the L337 train!" and used to play football for the Covenant Cardinals.

Overdoziz

Banned
Ok all-knowing Ram, what is the context of this 'instant respawn'? Limited to social playlists? MLG exclusive? Will I need to buy that first with Spartan Points?

Yay, another game in which the MLG playlist is the only decent one.

Fracas

#fuckonami

The fact that any of these features may exist at all is horrifying enough

Computron

So, I'm betting they will continue with the Reach trend of splitting the community into 2 camps, classic Halo and New Halo via playlists.

Well, do you know anything about it besides that? Where it will feature? How it will function? How many times can it be deployed? How expensive it is in the in-game Store?
For the sake of discussion let's try flipping that, is there some way you can spin x-ray in any kind of implementation so that it's not off-putting?

FyreWulff

If anyone has pending maps out there, I'd like to have them in my hands by next Wednesday at the latest (April 11th).

In other words Overdoziz and co, Refuectum should be on my desk shortly. Git on it

Ok, so initial reactions time:

-Spartan Ops? Yes please! It sounds like it could be really fun, and seems to imply new content gets released as time goes on.. Possibly an ongoing story? =)

-No firefight? Damn, that is a loss, but I will admit I liked ODSTs a ton and really didn't feel the variation in Reach. Poor Ghaleon. =(

-Customizable starting weapons? Hell, Ill take it as long as you can't start with power weapons.. in fact, I guessed at something like this happening. As long as the choices are weapons like AR, BR, DMR, etc and not Sniper, shotgun, rockets etc. Im pretty accepting of this change, it sounds fun.

-Seems to mention a weapon called assualt carbine, I wonder what that is. (It also mentions the AR and Carbine Rifle so its not those)

-Also, something tells me Halo 4 will have a ton more weapons than past Halo titles. I really can't wait to see what they have cooking, and Im bummed that we weren't shown anything new yet, at least in the leaked scans.

-Sprint as standard? Sure, sounds good to me.

-AAs returning? Yeah, Ill accept it, I hope they are balanced but AAs don't have to be terrible.

-Forerunner vision sounds like it could be fun IF it isn't overpowered.

-No respawn delay? Hm. That doesn't worry me, but Im not particularly excited about it either. Ill accept it.

- Random power weapon drops? Hm. This one gives me mixed feelings, it sounds like it could be really cool, but I hope some things will still spawn at consistent spots like the shotgun, with more powerful weapons doing the random drop. I both like and don't like this one.

-Join in progress games? Yes! And no! I both like and don't like this one, but I think its positives will outweigh its negatives vastly. Bring it on.

-Red vs Blue story sounds cool I wonder if it will tie in with Spartan Ops

-New investment system sounds like a positive change

-New game modes sound nice.

-Visually the SP stuff looks stunning, the MP stuff looks a lot like Reach with better lighting. That Plasma explosion looks kinda meh.

-Cortana. =)

-Assassinations are back. I wonder if they will allow us to unlock weapon specific assassinations such as in Gears 3. =)

I really hope more information will come out soon.. I can't wait for a more detailed write up as I know my magazine will take forever to come in the mail.

Overdoziz

Banned
If anyone has pending maps out there, I'd like to have them in my hands by next Wednesday at the latest (April 11th).

In other words Overdoziz and co, Refuectum should be on my desk shortly. Git on it
I don't have a gameplay clip for the final (drastically different) version of Refuge yet. I'll try and get a clip this weekend (or this Tuesday during a testing night I regularly attend). The map itself is done, though.

kylej

Banned
Frankie in the podcast please define how you are not going after COD and Battlefield market share thank you in advance.

ZalinKrow

The fact that any of these features may exist at all is horrifying enough
That's just it though, I don't know how worried to be about them, without knowing everything about them? It'd be like hearing about the queen piece in chess (random analogy I know) without knowing all the rules. It might sound way too good, but might actually fit in really well.

In saying that, it's late, and I'm looking for reasons to keep hoping :p

-Customizable starting weapons? Hell, Ill take it as long as you can't start with power weapons.. in fact, I guessed at something like this happening. As long as the choices are weapons like AR, BR, DMR, etc and not Sniper, shotgun, rockets etc. Im pretty accepting of this change, it sounds fun.

Yeah, if they make it like Gears I wouldn't mind at all. I like these kind of options.

JAO9M.gif

Whatever the case. Just a means of rectifying that there is now x-ray vision in the sandbox and that it does not make the game feel worse in the process.

Well, it could be like a torch (so a limited cone of vision) with the ability to see through small distances (length of bridge on Countdown). You could tie it's usage to player shieds so it weakens the player as they use it.

So much could have already be done to it. We have no real idea of its implentation and yet we are assuming the worse.

I want more info. Ain't nothing with withdrawing from the feeling of disappointment until then ;)

.shin

Banned
I have a strong feeling now that since Firefight has been dropped, and this new co-op, story driven "Spartan Ops" will be taken its place, the single player's resources will probably suffer due to its inclusion. I'm a bit afraid for the Campaign now.

Yeah, if they make it like Gears I wouldn't mind at all. I like these kind of options.

Yup, I would actually like that. It certainly would do away with debates over AR and BR starts :lol

I dunno guys, I feel bad but I kinda like some of what Im hearing.. Some of it is a little bit worrying, but it sounds fun..and fresh. =)

I have a strong feeling now that since Firefight has been dropped, and this new co-op, story driven "Spartan Ops" will be taken its place, the single player's resources will probably suffer due to its inclusion. I'm a bit afraid for the Campaign now.

Campaign is the only hope the game has now.

Trey

Okay, I'm over the shock from this news. Looking forward to that podcast and the rest of that article.

Still gonna buy that GI, Tashi?

Oh no :(
Please, please don't be true.
Some of the stuff sounds awesome.. like Spartan Ops..
But... really? Jetpack, active camo, and hologram?... Forerunner vision...?

Where can I see these scans?

Top Bottom