• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Sound track sounds great so far. Thanks for the direct download link. I really don't get people harshly comparing Neil's stuff to Marty's at this point though.

First of all, the two of them will always be different composers, with different styles. This music will not be Marty's, whether you think that is a good thing or not.

More importantly though, everyone here has 10 years of history with Marty's music, both in game and alongside other memories. There is no way that the stuff we've heard from Halo 4 can even begin to approach that kind of emotional weight until we all get a chance to play through the game for the first time and have a chance to build new experiences and memories around it.
This.

Chris Pugh: Can you talk about the difference in music you have created for the Covenant vs the new enemy?

Neil Davidge: How would I put that into words... the Covenant themes are more direct, whereas the [REDACTED] are far more complex themes. With more variation.

Interesting.

:lol

I tried.

TdDuL.png

some menu from the alpha build of halo 4..?

Oozer3993

There's "Slayer UR" listed as a gametype again. WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

UR seems to be some type of identifier for a specific tweak that can be applied to several different kinds of gametypes. You can see a screen showing "Regicide UR" behind one of the employees.

0YLHU.jpg

You know, for all the issues that I have with Halo I still love it and cannot wait to get my hands on Halo 4.

Seeing bits and pieces of the game/music/etc is really getting me hyped up. I was hoping that I would somehow avoid all of this, which would make waiting for release that much easier.. But that hasn't happened it seems.

Do customs nights still happen every weekend? If so I would like to get in on them one of these days; it has been too long.

<3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
UR is some type of identifier for a specific tweak that can be applied to several different kinds of gametypes. You can see a screen showing "Regicide UR" behind one of the employees.
Yeah, that makes sense. I can't imagine what UR would stand for, though.

Arnie

Hope the AR does indeed have bloom, I think it's a mechanic that actually works well for fully automatic weapons. It just turns to shit when it's shoehorned into semi-automatic weapons.

Glad they've returned to a very CE look with it too, right down to the HUD on the weapon itself.

New game informer video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed1fa8N61OU&feature=g-u-u

edit: assault rifle first person...uh..

Few things to point out..
First on the left screen you see AR first person, with the same reticule as Halo Reach.. including the lines that marked bloom in Reach.
Also you can see the waypoint for the rocket spawn right up on the HUD.

On the right screen is a menu that shows different players.
At first I thought it was class selection, but earlier in the video it clearly states that the menu is showing "Players"
xPF0c.png

513hm.png

Oozer3993

Yeah, that makes sense. I can't imagine what UR would stand for, though.

Could be something as simple as "Under Review." Just something to point out that that specific gametype hasn't been finalized yet. Or maybe it's an identifier for gametypes that do/don't have the new tweaks (random power weapon spawn locations, unlockable weapons and abilities and the like).

feel

dnQrzyqWgCgPF.gif

Classic AR <3

I wouldn't mind bigger spread for the AR the longer you hold the trigger but please don't fucking show the actual reticule changing size like in Reach (vomits).

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Well that was fun.
Also:
If you want more from Neil, tune in to the 343 Sparkast this afternoon.

Confirmed Sparkcast for today? Yay!

Doh, don't expect a Sparkast this afternoon. We've pushed that episode out a bit due to some boring timezone related logistical issues.

First on the left screen you see AR first person, with the same reticule as Halo Reach.. including the lines that marked bloom in Reach.

At first I thought it was class selection, but earlier in the video it clearly states that the menu is showing "Players"
xPF0c.png

513hm.png

really good catch with the waypoint for rockets...hoping you can turn that off, and it's not an armor ability...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The reticule looks smaller, more concentrated fire?

GhaleonEB

AR to feature bloom?
The AR has always featured bullet spread.

My cup runneth over today.
dnQrzyqWgCgPF.gif

I wouldn't mind bigger spread for the AR the longer you hold the trigger but please don't fucking show the actual reticule changing size like in Reach (vomits).

Looks great. I wonder if there will be interactive elements on the maps; I missed them in Reach.

That is probably pointing out the spawn for Rockets.

Would make sense given the info we were given regarding the random time/location power weapon spawns.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Getting....hyped.

Music honestly sounds a lot better than I expected.

I think it's better, as they said, to not try and copy Marty, but modify it in a way that's an homage yet clearly its own theme.

derFeef

Is that the same mech from the first video? If yes - then I guess parts of the map can move/evolve? Or it's jsut another map ;)

edit: love the display on the AR, how it animates subtle.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There's "Slayer UR" listed as a gametype again. WHAT DOES IT MEAN.

Edit : Also, what's on the screen behind that guy's head here?

Edit 2 : What's the circular waypoint next to the guys head here? Weapon spawn indicator?

"UR" is User Research. Just means a game mode or type that was built for that test process. Sometimes it's some epic new mode, sometimes it's AR starts with AR secondary for everyone. And AR weapon drops.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That whorehouse gif is so good.

"UR" is User Research. Just means a game mode or type that was built for that test process. Sometimes it's some epic new mode, sometimes it's AR starts with AR secondary for everyone. And AR weapon drops.
Ah, so you're working with MLG and HBO on design decisions this time. Way to engage the community.

(Thanks for the clarification!)

Top Bottom