• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Few things to point out..
First on the left screen you see AR first person, with the same reticule as Halo Reach.. including the lines that marked bloom in Reach.
Also you can see the waypoint for the rocket spawn right up on the HUD.

On the right screen is a menu that shows different players.
At first I thought it was class selection, but earlier in the video it clearly states that the menu is showing "Players"
xPF0c.png

513hm.png

Good catch, it seems that is how the "random" power weapon drops are handled.

dnQrzyqWgCgPF.gif

Classic AR <3

I wouldn't mind bigger spread for the AR the longer you hold the trigger but please don't fucking show the actual reticule changing size like in Reach (vomits).

I can't tell exactly what Im looking at, but the way the stars move by is beautiful.

Is the art below available anywhere in a very large format? (Ellis, Frank?)

Would love that for my work monitors or retina iPad display...

Capture.PNG

So, I guess the art and screens in that video is fair game, so maybe they will post some direct screens soon.

Arnie

Tojima seems like the swellest of guys, and learning a new language for the role too, I've got a lot of respect for that.

We've had a nice little content dump today. Hope the Sparkcast responsible for further clarification of the multiplayer changes isn't too far away, that's the information I'm really clamouring for.

!!! nice catch. Could we really be getting the choice to always spawn with a BR? I think my brain would explode.

Yes, custom weapon loadouts. You will always be able to choose your starting weapon.

As for our news roundup here:
-Music sounds great. Very excited to here the score over the course of the game.
-The AR is ugly as sin. Not really surprised about that. (It's not really that bad, but it follows the exact same visual style of 3 and Reach, yet doesn't look as detailed or as cool as good as the Reach one.)
-As some of us have assumed here, it looks like there will be a little HUD notification about where a power weapon is going to spawn. Obviously static power weapon spawns are still superior in every way, but the HUD notification eases the pain a bit.
-Looks like the menu UI is going to be a significant overhaul as well. It will be interesting to see what they do with that.

Arnie

It's going to be interesting to see whether the BR reclaims it's reputation as the all out dong slaying weapon with the inclusion of the DMR as well. I personally found the DMRs range to be far too overpowering in Reach, sort of like a mini sniper, so I'm intrigued to see whether that aspect remains, whether bloom remains a feature of the weapon, and whether all those who loved the BR will continue to love it when you're getting your shield stripped by mini snipers 300 yards away.

It's going to be interesting to see whether the BR reclaims it's reputation as the all out dong slaying weapon with the inclusion of the DMR as well. I personally found the DMRs range to be far too overpowering in Reach, sort of like a mini sniper, so I'm intrigued to see whether that aspect remains, whether bloom remains a feature of the weapon, and whether all those who loved the BR will continue to love it when you're getting your shield stripped by mini snipers 300 yards away.

I assume the DMR is going to share the BR's roles, but because we can choose our starting weapons, just be a single shot rifle for those that want that instead of burst fire.

So I expect 2x scope, no bloom, and locked ROF that makes its 5sk about the same time as the BR's 4sk.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah, uhhh, I think this art might be available to people who are informed about games, but not available officially just yet.

Well I know it's in the new mag, but figured this was fine to reference as it was in a published video via 343/GI.

I am hoping GI/343 will release that shot in mega wallpaper size though.

Mods, if screencapping an art screen from an official video is against some rule, feel free to remove.

Indeed. I was very surprised the DMR was being kept.

WJD

I'd like to see a reduce in DMR range, but in turn, a removal of bloom for it too. Like you said earlier, bloom on the AR and the like wouldn't be so bad but I don't want to see it for the precision weapons.

Hopefully the BR isn't nerfed, either.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Tojima seems like the swellest of guys, and learning a new language for the role too, I've got a lot of respect for that.

We've had a nice little content dump today. Hope the Sparkcast responsible for further clarification of the multiplayer changes isn't too far away, that's the information I'm really clamouring for.

Tajeen learned English in like, ten minutes and now speaks FLUENTLY but with chamring Japanese elements.

Oozer3993

Bigger pic of the power weapon indicator:

CmkA4.jpg

Now that the lid has been taken off of the "UR" portion of "M-SLAYER UR," I can't help but wonder what the "M" means. We've seen it before.

rdnOq.jpg

Well I know it's in the new mag, but figured this was fine to reference as it was in a published video via 343/GI.

I am hoping GI/343 will release that shot in mega wallpaper size though.

Mods, if screencapping an art screen from an official video is against some rule, feel free to remove.

I don't think that's an issue here.
What I was trying to say was: I think people who get informed about games in a digital fashion might have access to that image in some kind of non-youtube screen-capped sort of way, but I don't subscribe to that sort of thing so I wouldn't know for sure.

daedalius

I assume the DMR is going to share the BR's roles, but because we can choose our starting weapons, just be a single shot rifle for those that want that instead of burst fire.

So I expect 2x scope, no bloom, and locked ROF that makes its 5sk about the same time as the BR's 4sk.

I hope it isn't functionally the same, because then what is the difference?

If the BR is 2x, hitscan, all bullets basically hit as one

and the DMR is 2x, hitscan, and only fires one bullet

why do we have 2 guns?

I'd much prefer they retuned the DMR to continue to be a 3x scope with something like 85% bloom, or a locked firing rate and no recoil. Then it would be really good for its intended purpose, cross mapping and pinging snipers, but would still lose to the BR at close-mid range battles.

This is the same situation gears has with its different rifles.

And where can I download this sample of Arrival from Rolling Stone??

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Now that the lid has been taken off of the "UR" portion of "M-SLAYER UR," I can't help but wonder what the "M" means. We've seen it before.

rdnOq.jpg
I'm guessing the M indicates that armor mods are enabled. "Mod Slayer" or something like that.

I hope it isn't functionally the same, because then what is the difference?

If the BR is 2x, hitscan, all bullets basically hit as one

and the DMR is 2x, hitscan, and only fires one bullet

why do we have 2 guns?

I'd much prefer they retuned the DMR to continue to be a 3x scope with something like 85% bloom, or a locked firing rate and no recoil. Then it would be really good for its intended purpose, cross mapping and pinging snipers, but would still lose to the BR at close-mid range battles.

This is the same situation gears has with its different rifles.

I guess, but I saw because now that we choose our starting weapons, giving people a choice of very similar weapons based on simply preference instead of functionality isn't that big of a deal. Even with hitscan, firing a single and burst fire weapon still has a much different feel.

343 has already said that bloom won't be in Halo 4, and least not in a similar way to Reach's. It will be interesting to see what they do with the DMR and all their "starting weapons" (we know the magnum is back as well).

Top Bottom