• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

daedalius

I guess, but I saw because now that we choose our starting weapons, giving people a choice of very similar weapons based on simply preference instead of functionality isn't that big of a deal. Even with hitscan, firing a single and burst fire weapon still has a much different feel.

343 has already said that bloom won't be in Halo 4, and least not in a similar way to Reach's. It will be interesting to see what they do with the DMR and all their "starting weapons" (we know the magnum is back as well).

I thought they said this in regards to 'Vanilla Reach' specifically. But I guess we will find out soon enough. DMR as a pickup would be fine with me; as it would have a very specific niche on the battlefield with its 3x scope and no recoil.

I hope it isn't functionally the same, because then what is the difference?

If the BR is 2x, hitscan, all bullets basically hit as one

and the DMR is 2x, hitscan, and only fires one bullet

why do we have 2 guns?

I'd much prefer they retuned the DMR to continue to be a 3x scope with something like 85% bloom, or a locked firing rate and no recoil. Then it would be really good for its intended purpose, cross mapping and pinging snipers, but would still lose to the BR at close-mid range battles.

This is the same situation gears has with its different rifles.

And where can I download this sample of Arrival from Rolling Stone??

And cross mapping and pinging other players. :(

It's weird. The Youtube viewcount on the Game Informer stuff seems surprisingly low.

Victim of the leaks? Or just traditional old Youtube stats being unreliable?

That choral bit at the beginning is quite impressive.

Loving the music, sounds like that's not going to be much of a concern at all.

I see what you did there :p

^ I'd almost defiitely say the latter ;) The Waypoit video only had 7 views when Krow went to watch it on the 360. An alternate source had 5.

Ramirez

FUCK. SO GOOD. This game...gonna be a masterpiece.

What.gif

LOL

Music sounds ok, Marty's tunes were a HUGE part of what made me fall in love with the franchise in the first place, I won't be easily swayed in that department.

The AR has to be the goofiest looking gun design in the history of guns, real or fake. Shoulda stuck with the Reach one, looked a lot better than Bungie's original design. Doesn't matter anyways, I'll never have to have it in my hands ever again, that is one thing I can get excited about.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't think that's an issue here.
What I was trying to say was: I think people who get informed about games in a digital fashion might have access to that image in some kind of non-youtube screen-capped sort of way, but I don't subscribe to that sort of thing so I wouldn't know for sure.

I see what you are saying now. :p

Unfortunately I doubt that version is big enough to utilize for my needs.

The AR has to be the goofiest looking gun design in the history of guns, real or fake. Shoulda stuck with the Reach one, looked a lot better than Bungie's original design. Doesn't matter anyways, I'll never have to have it in my hands ever again, that is one thing I can get excited about.

The compass will be totally redundant on it if 343 gives everyone waypoints to the weapons!

I thought they said this in regards to 'Vanilla Reach' specifically. But I guess we will find out soon enough. DMR as a pickup would be fine with me; as it would have a very specific niche on the battlefield with its 3x scope and no recoil.

I took it as if there is bloom, it will be functionally different than Reach's.

With our ability to choose starting weapons in 4, I seriously doubt that the DMR will be a pickup. You'll be able to start with it.

Would be a different matter if it was a map pickup rather than everyone starting with it. I am not fond of the cross-mapping ability of the DMR currently either.
How would it be a different matter? Whether or not it's a pick-up, it'd still be able to cross-map people. Besides, it looks like the DMR will be a starting weapon...so no 3x zoom, please. I'd be fine with a longer range than the BR.

Ramirez

I will say though, I loved the concept art trailer music. It sounded very Metroid like to me though, and the stuff revealed today, not so much.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I hate to hear that Marty's work is not going to be expanded upon. That said, I really enjoyed what I've heard from the new team. I just hope it does not sound too electric. I am really excited to hear this soundtrack though!

Is this clip a final cut?
Doesn't sound like it. Feels very much like an abridged, radio edit version

How would it be a different matter? Whether or not it's a pick-up, it'd still be able to cross-map people. Besides, it looks like the DMR will be a starting weapon...so no 3x zoom, please. I'd be fine with a longer range than the BR.

I'm guessing it's going to have better zoom than the BR but hopefully with an ass-slow firing rate. If it fires much slower than the BR and if player speed is increased I think that would reduce some of the long-range issues that the DMR introduced into Reach's BTB. Map design also plays a big role and for all we know there could be PerkBees that deflect bullets when they are fired from too far away.

TheOddOne

The way Gameinformer releases videos is weird, the annoucement that all month there will be Halo 4 videos coming up is released today. Before we got the first Frank video :lol

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah, sorry, I guess I mean final mix.

So I am correct in believing that it is not the final mix?

Correct - it's a mashup of two separate pieces to show two different tones. Both are taken from 80% mixes. I don't think we have a single 100% mixed track, period.

Arnie

I'd like to see a reduce in DMR range, but in turn, a removal of bloom for it too. Like you said earlier, bloom on the AR and the like wouldn't be so bad but I don't want to see it for the precision weapons.

Hopefully the BR isn't nerfed, either.
I'd personally like to see the DMRs range kept the same but give it an almost unbearably slow fire rate. That way, sure you can be hit from long distances, but you've got enough time to destabilise their scope with a volley of BR fire.

I think reducing the range would bring it too close to the BR and the other carbines in the game, and keeping it as we saw it in Reach risks destabilising the sandbox.
Tajeen learned English in like, ten minutes and now speaks FLUENTLY but with chamring Japanese elements.

So similar to yourself except swap Japanese for Scottish?

Ramirez

Does GI have any important videos, like say, a MP match, or a video dedicated to MP?

I almost hope the only difference between the BR/DMR is burst/single shot. It's almost completely hopeless to try and balance weapons that everyone can pick at the start of a game. One of them is always going to end up being the best...

Correct - it's a mashup of two separate pieces to show two different tones. Both are taken from 80% mixes. I don't think we have a single 100% mixed track, period.

Ok cool, I didn't think you would have already gotten a final mix this far before release. I'm looking forward to this soundtrack.

Also, you would cut it off and switch tracks right before what sounded like an awesome horn part. haha

Does GI have any important videos, like say, a MP match, or a video dedicated to MP?

I friggin wish, I'm trying to convince my two buddies that this going is going in be insanely awesome (I'm forever hopeful and take 343i's word for it that it feels like Halo) but they keep saying "we're not judging it until we see multiplayer gameplay" (The correct stance to take I presume)... I wish I wasn't so excited this early :(

Ramirez

I friggin wish, I'm trying to convince my two buddies that this going is going in be insanely awesome (I'm forever hopeful and take 343i's word for it that it feels like Halo) but they keep saying "we're not judging it until we see multiplayer gameplay"... I wish I wasn't so excited this early :(

Yea...I'm not hyped at all anymore until I see some further details on the new MP offerings. It may feel like Halo, but at this point, the stuff I've read doesn't sound like Halo.

I want nothing more than to be wrong, but I will keep my hype in check so that I don't become so bitter towards the game/company like I did with Reach. :p

Update was pretty weak, after the GI article I was hoping for some clarifications. :(

Anyone else notice the DMR has no reticle?

I have found that odd, I wonder what why.

I guess from hearing his work in the past as part of TV theme tunes or adverts I like Neil Davidge, (never knew that until people posted the music he's done, which I recognise from Luther and some other stuff) seems quite far removed from Halo, but I cant wait to see what he does, the reveal trailer and art trailer was good and no doubt he can make something great. If it wasnt for those trailers I would be pretty worried, but in a way he has already showed off some of his Halo work.

I did just listen to the new sample music put out, and it didn't do anything for me, I will re listen when im not just tired from work though.

Top Bottom