• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

m23

I don't think we'll be seeing the different editions until e3 or maybe even after. It seems like they are going for a pretty different approach to marketing than Reach.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Is it?

What's the thing you want to see a video game in: You want to see gameplay in hot steamy motion.
What's the thing that a magazine can't do: Show you gameplay in hot steamy motion.
Yea no shit but we can still get valuable insight from magazines.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
gross

BTW for people peeing themselves over that skybox, I highly recommend you start up a custom game by yourself and float up to the space section of Zealot. Look up at the sky once you're in the low-grav zone. Probably the most beautiful, understated thing in all of Reach matchmaking and most people never notice it. dem Zealot stars and constellations.
Kyle praising a skybox?

k2Z9c.jpg

I'll have to check it though.

Eh, put me in the vast minority of guys that aren't too crazy about the music (right now, from what I've heard so far.)

It's just too much like "generic movie soundtrack #54" for me to get into it. Where's the addictive melodies? The complex chords? Sure, you don't need to beat Marty at his own game, but I'm just not feeling it right now. (Again, I'm just not impressed by what I've heard SO FAR.)

Eh, put me in the vast minority of guys that aren't too crazy about the music (right now, from what I've heard so far.)

It's just too much like "generic movie soundtrack #54" for me to get into it. Where's the addictive melodies? The complex chords? Sure, you don't need to beat Marty at his own game, but I'm just not feeling it right now. (Again, I'm just not impressed by what I've heard SO FAR.)

Art trailer and reveal trailer was pretty good. I agree that the mix released earlier today seemed a little weak, but im hopeful in context with the games visuals it will be more impactful.

Art trailer and reveal trailer was pretty good. I agree that the mix released earlier today seemed a little less good, but im hopeful in context with the games visuals it will be more impactful.

You're right, I forgot about the concept art trailer music. If the majority of the music is like that, that would be awesome. That piece was so Jack Wall that I thought he would be composing for this.

I still would do very, very unholy things for a Jack Wall Halo soundtrack..........

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Excited about the music from all the videos. Neil did the Halo 4 teaser music, didn't he?

I hope he manages to capture the feeling of you being alone with Cortana floating in space and eventually going into an unknown world. I don't music that portrays a large scale war because that was already done for Halo 3.

So far, the atmosphere we've been shown of Halo 4's campaign indicates a Half-Life 2 vibe (which is excellent) so I hope the music matches up to that.

m23

Fingers crossed for customization on spartans.

I already miss my CQB helmet just looking at the S4s

I'm pretty sure there will be armor customization in the game. I don't see them taking it out of the game, I think they've already talked about unlockable armor.

Homeboyd

I'm pretty sure there will be armor customization in the game. I don't see them taking it out of the game, I think they've already talked about unlockable armor.
Just waiting on the info drop on the "modifications"....

Like shotgun explosive ammo, ACOG AR, leopard skin BR

Fuckin yum.

Havok

I have a quick question! What's your favorite track from the trilogy OSTs?
Halo 1: Under Cover of Night or A Walk in the Woods
Halo 2: Unforgotten or In Amber Clad
Halo 3: Keep What You Steal or This Is the Hour

Halo 3 is hard to choose since so much of it is reprisals from previous games. I like that it sounds like a love letter to the trilogy, but it's difficult to separate my enjoyment of the tracks from that of the original version.

A Walk in the Woods gets bonus points since it reappears in all soundtracks but ODST.

kylej

Banned
Kyle praising a skybox?

I'll have to check it though.

I don't mind skyboxes that are understated and add to the atmosphere of the map, it's when Bungie/343 tries to tell a story with tons of crazy shit in the background that I question, especially as the game runs at 24 cinematic frames per second. The trees on mauler/needler side of The Pit are another nice touch that most people never notice.

G17

Favorite Tracks: (let me know if I should get rid of the links not sure if it's allowed?)

Halo 1: Under Cover of Night
Halo 2: High Charity Suite [Pursuit of Truth]
Halo 3: Warthog Run

Arnie

Narrows is good when Rockets spawn bottom middle. Oh and with tweaked spawns. But in general I concur, good map.

Fuck, if Narrows was in Reach it'd be the darling of the bunch.

Myyke

Neo Member
My favourite tracks would probably be:

Halo 1: Perilous Journey (Covenant Dance is a very close second)
Halo 2: Earth City (Track 17, Vol.1 on the Soundtrack)
Halo 3: Behold a Pale Horse

Halo 3 ODST: Everything.

I don't mind skyboxes that are understated and add to the atmosphere of the map, it's when Bungie/343 tries to tell a story with tons of crazy shit in the background that I question, especially as the game runs at 24 cinematic frames per second. The trees on mauler/needler side of The Pit are another nice touch that most people never notice.

The pit is in a great location, It really feels like your at a spartan training camp, pelicans and air field on one side and trees on the other.

CyReN

I always loved Narrows.

Halo 1: On A Pale Horse | Brothers In Arms
Halo 2: Ghosts of Reach | Impend | In Amber Clad
Halo 3: One Final Effort | Wake Me When You Need Me
Halo ODST: Rain | Neon Night
Halo Reach: Overture | We Remember

Fracas

#fuckonami
Ok finally caught up for the day. I'm quite impressed by the mix. However I do agree with the notion that you could apply the track to a lot of different things, but it's not really a bad thing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Yeah I've noticed that some of their best skyboxes you have to go out of your way to look up at.

Will there be remakes from Halo 3 maps like Guardian? –xRCNx VorteX

We aren’t discussing MP maps beyond Wraparound and War House, and while the vast majority of our maps will be brand new, we also know what the ladies (and gents) like.

remakes confirmed

G17

A Valhalla-type map would be most welcome, better for objective games than Blood Gulch ever was. Great in vehicle or on foot.

Homeboyd

Will there be remakes from Halo 3 maps like Guardian? –xRCNx VorteX

We aren’t discussing MP maps beyond Wraparound and War House, and while the vast majority of our maps will be brand new, we also know what the ladies (and gents) like.

remakes confirmed
It's coming. Holiday 2012.

Top Bottom