• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Played it at PAX. The multiplayer was hilarious fun.

-------
Just brainstorming, but what if these new changes are limited to a specific playlists/gametypes?

Team Slayer
- NO Drop-in/Drop-out.
- Power weapons spawn as in previous games.
- No loadouts - everyone spawns with a BR and sprint.
- Score based on kills only. (+10/Kill)
- Bigger credit reward at the end for game completion and victory.

Mercenary Slayer
- Drop-in/Drop-out
- Loadouts - choose AR/BR/DMR, grenade type, etc.
- Power weapons spawn at specific locations, but the type of weapon and spawn time are random. Waypoints indicate the next one to spawn.
- Score based on kills, medals, objectives, etc. (+10/Kill, +5/Assist, +5/FlagReturn)

So Team Slayer is for competitive players and teams of three or four. Mercenary Slayer is for casuals and randoms. One playlist keeps the classic Halo match setup while the other emulates the CoD match style - but aside from loadouts and weapon spawns the gameplay mechanics between the two are exactly the same (i.e. no difference in run speed, health, etc.).

My one change would be that in the Team Slayer hopper to include Team Slayer and Team Slayer Plus. Slayer would not have sprint but Plus would. Alternatively, you could only have sprint in Mercenary Slayer.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Random thought:

Forerunner vision would make a good 'scanning mode' view with which to find hidden goodies in Campaign.
I wonder if we'll be able to use it in campaign. For some reason I assumed it was going to be limited to the Spartan IVs.

WJD

Random thought:

Forerunner vision would make a good 'scanning mode' view with which to find hidden goodies in Campaign.

On a related note I think the best way for Forerunner vision to not suck would be to have it only active inside a scope as opposed to one button press lighting up everyone on the map.

daedalius

On a related note I think the best way for Forerunner vision to not suck would be to have it only active inside a scope as opposed to one button press lighting up everyone on the map.

Considering we really have no clue how it works now, you may or may not be correct.

I really don't mind weapon loadouts, I'd like to spawn with a BR every time.

GhaleonEB

I wonder if we'll be able to use it in campaign. For some reason I assumed it was going to be limited to the Spartan IVs.

I'm still going under the assumption that there is heavy overlap between the sandbox elements between the modes. We're sure to see sprint and jetpack in Campaign, right? So I was thinking, what usee could Forerunner vision (please be a placeholder name please be a placeholder name) have in Campaign? If nothing else then it could include a similar feature as the Kinect scan in CEA.

I'm still going under the assumption that there is heavy overlap between the sandbox elements between the modes. We're sure to see sprint and jetpack in Campaign, right? So I was thinking, what usee could Forerunner vision (please be a placeholder name please be a placeholder name) have in Campaign? If nothing else then it could include a similar feature as the Kinect scan in CEA.
I knew it! Ghal works secretly for Nintendo and wants us to play Metroid Prime! I FUCKING KNEW IT!

GhaleonEB

I knew it! Ghal works secretly for Nintendo and wants us to play Metroid Prime! I FUCKING KNEW IT!

I've never played a Metroid game in my life. I've heard of the scanning thing, though, and know some Metroid Prime developers are at 343 now. But really I was thinking more of CEA's implementation and expanding from that.

Karl2177

Do I have to register for the Waypoint forums or some shit? It always says access denied.

Have you cut a hole in the box? You can't do anything until you cut a hole in the box.

But seriously, it says access denied about 50% of the time for me. Keep trying and maybe sign into WLID on bungie.net then go to Waypoint.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Do I have to register for the Waypoint forums or some shit? It always says access denied.

Uses your Windows Live ID as Xbox.com and BNet do.

Tooootally didn't realise this was a walk-in playtest thingy. Yeah... I can't make it to Seattle guys :p Better un-enroll.

Hmm, from what I see it doesn't say Seattle, and you don't have to put an address down. I think it is for both local and web tests.

Ugh, waypoint threads make me sick. I wish the community forums were members only. All waypoint does is complain about NeoGAF it seems.

I mean okay sure its nice frankie and ellis post here and all but i dont see why Waypoint even care its not like we are getting new information at all just some clearance on questions we have.

I hated the "frankie you have 343 forums for a reason" thread it was ridiculous.

w.e rant over just annoys me to see the community acting like children.

I've never played a Metroid game in my life. I've heard of the scanning thing, though, and know some Metroid Prime developers are at 343 now. But really I was thinking more of CEA's implementation and expanding from that.
I think you should try out Metroid Prime. Especially since you are yearning for an exploration part in Halo 4. Metroid Prime is what you want in Halo 4. Believe me. Metroid Prime 1 is not really expensive and a GameCube either. Furthermore you can buy the game and play it on the PC via emulator. I haven't tried out yet but I think it plays much better with a Xbox 360 controller.

Hmm, from what I see it doesn't say Seattle, and you don't have to put an address down. I think it is for both local and web tests.

After browsing their site I noticed they give directions to their Seattle facility. They do accept international enrollments so I'll hold on for now. Tey mention wanting national and international testers. Maybe there'll be something in Dublin some day? :p

CyReN

Testing out the kinks for the show later for those interested.

Hey guys, just wanted to give you guys a heads up tonight TheHaloCouncil will be launching a new show. We will be focusing on Halo news, debates, and other things from ALL perspective from casual to competitive. We are looking to make this huge and something FOR the community.

The show will air at 10pm est with U4ix, Best Man, and Cursed Lemon.

If you guys have any suggestions, questions, etc please leave them.

Overdoziz

Banned
Ugh, waypoint threads make me sick. I wish the community forums were members only. All waypoint does is complain about NeoGAF it seems.

I mean okay sure its nice frankie and ellis post here and all but i dont see why Waypoint even care its not like we are getting new information at all just some clearance on questions we have.

I hated the "frankie you have 343 forums for a reason" thread it was ridiculous.

w.e rant over just annoys me to see the community acting like children.
Did they kill your dog too?

Butane123

Heh, that Waypoint thread looks exactly like B.net threads when info was released on the older games.

I think I can take Tashi 1v1, though.

Tawpgun

Hi! I'm Das. I roomed with Hypertrooper at PAX East 2012. He brought lot as of candy. Nice to meet all of you.

Awesome! I met you on the first day too, right before the panel. Tomasz/Tawpgun here. I was with hyper, duncan, hitmonchan and vhfive.

pls stay

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

or, it could just have a extremely limited range, say 30 feet, where past that, you cant see much of anything (think fog)

Korosenai

I just got my game informer in the mail.

I'm absolutely loving the style of the Spartan IV's they've been showing off in the multiplayer screens.

Hi! I'm Das. I roomed with Hypertrooper at PAX East 2012. He brought lot as of candy. Nice to meet all of you.

Wow, seems like GAF is letting in anyone that walks by these days. We really should make it harder to join.

Welcome to HaloGAF. :)

-------
HaloGAF: Das Kalk is good people. Dude's got a sweet Marathon tattoo.

I think you should try out Metroid Prime. Especially since you are yearning for an exploration part in Halo 4. Metroid Prime is what you want in Halo 4. Believe me. Metroid Prime 1 is not really expensive and a GameCube either. Furthermore you can buy the game and play it on the PC via emulator. I haven't tried out yet but I think it plays much better with a Xbox 360 controller.

What is this awesomeness you speak of and how do I do it?

Top Bottom