• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Woorloog

Banned
Is HaloGAF the most active GAF community? I mean, the next Halo OT will be 3rd of its kind, before that, how many Reach OTs there were? And other Halo OTs before that?

EDIT this thread has almost 20k posts over some 40 days...

neoism

Is HaloGAF the most active GAF community? I mean, the next Halo OT will be 3rd of its kind, before that, how many Reach OTs there were? And other Halo OTs before that?

definitely the biggest thread if you connect them all. I was sad by the 20000th post rule I enjoyed the BIGGG threads.

halogaf <3

If any of you guys get to go play it, consider me jelly.
Although if this is hinting at a beta...:D
Probably
Most likely
not though.
The game is playable or was playable by the public
who worked at Microsoft
already.

We are. We have posted 180,000times in about a year and 7months.

unlimitedcatsp1.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
I know a guy who honestly believes Armor Lock is one of the best things that Reach brought to Halo. He believes it's also one of the most strategic elements of the game.

If I had the money, I'd fly him out to playtest the hell out of Halo 4.

edit: weird, it kept my quote from my last post. Oh well, deleted it.

Louis Wu

I know a guy who honestly believes Armor Lock is one of the best things that Reach brought to Halo. He believes it's also one of the most strategic elements of the game.
I just played a game of team slayer where 6/8 players were using Armor Lock. (One was jetpacking, and I was sprinting.)

That shit should NEVER happen. :(

m23

I know it may be bit premature to speculate about e3, but I really hope we'll be hearing about Halo Wars 2. It's hard to believe they haven't talked about sequel, I thought the first sold pretty well. I got into the game pretty late, but man that game is fun.

Risen

makes too much sense. This is Halo bro.

Designers should never be testers... in any field. Designers of any given "thing" should only be involved in testing at the most basic level. Testing should come from folks capable of complete objectivity. Folks with skill enough in whatever field we are speaking of that can push the creation to it's breaking point.

I'm sure there is a smattering of folks that game test... heck I see advertisements for job openings for such a thing... but most of what I read implies the lion's share of testing is done in house, or within say Microsoft as a whole. Gaming in particular is made of up designers who also play, but if you design something, you are automatically biased by the very nature of it's creation and the ideas that sprung the original design in the first place.

Take Reach and map design... the first 10 seconds looking at The Cage, and it's obvious it's a busted, poorly balanced design. The very first game of Zealot, seeing the space area it's immediately clear to me how good players would abuse it. No way either of those designs get through disinterested testing by people who play with an eye to abuse the system to the breaking point in order to win.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I just played a game of team slayer where 6/8 players were using Armor Lock. (One was jetpacking, and I was sprinting.)

Ugh, can't stand armor lock. It's just a "save me button".
Although it is satisfying to take down a sprinting guy with a sword by armor locking as he swings at you, EMPing his shields, then getting the beatdown.

On a semi-related note, I'm about to play Reach with some guys from Goozex, anyone a member there? I hope they use TU settings, last time we played Vanilla Reach.

Ken

What if armor abilities had much longer cooldowns, like a minute or more in time. It could promote smarter use of armor abilities to chase down a kill or win a crucial team fight, rather than being some kind of crutch that can be relied on in every fight.

I know it may be bit premature to speculate about e3, but I really hope we'll be hearing about Halo Wars 2. It's hard to believe they haven't talked about sequel, I thought the first sold pretty well. I got into the game pretty late, but man that game is fun.

Save it for next-gen. Don't overkill the brand on one console.

Fuchsdh

Save it for next-gen. Don't overkill the brand on one console.

True. Spend six years making a sequel if you can do it right (read: trying to squeeze more depth out of easy controls, better visuals, and a more compelling story. I don't think it even needs to be the continuing adventures of the Spirit of Fire, although I'd like their story to get addressed at some point.)

Where the subtitle for this current |OT| lifted from? Is it a joke? A random quote from a book? I never got it.

yep :)

It's Frankie's quote for how the Spartans should act, from the Making Halo 4 First Look BTS.

Retro

What if armor abilities had much longer cooldowns, like a minute or more in time. It could promote smarter use of armor abilities to chase down a kill or win a crucial team fight, rather than being some kind of crutch that can be relied on in every fight.

I still think they should have a limited amount of energy that you have to replenish via pickups, like UT. It would discourage camping, encourage movement... not sure it would solve the problem, but anything is better than Armor Lock All the Time.

feel

It's Frankie's quote for how the Spartans should act, from the Making Halo 4 First Look BTS.
Eh, i've seen that thing a million times. Shows how much I care about anything that is being said in these vidocs.
Unless Bonnie is speaking

Top Bottom