• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

GhaleonEB

We are HUGE fans of adjectives, verbs and nouns.

CTF UI is currently masterful, as an example. You know who's flag got taken, by whom and more importantly, kind of what you should do about it.

This was always a frustration of mine with ANY fps - it just kind of assumed you were an old pro at Counterstrike.

I was thinking both of that, and of things in the game lobby. Sort of like the quick options in the Halo 2 lobby: a summary of the game type and key settings/rules players need to be aware of. Would have been great to have in Reach so as to tell players about the shifting objective spawn times, TU settings, etc. as they viewed each option on the voting screen. Good to hear the in-game is in good shape.

Thanks for the impression Wu. Awesome stuff.
It. Is. Alive.

CTF UI is currently masterful, as an example. You know who's flag got taken, by whom and more importantly, kind of what you should do about it.

This was always a frustration of mine with ANY fps - it just kind of assumed you were an old pro at Counterstrike.
"Say man, somebody just broke into your base, killed the dog, shit on the curtains, and stole your flag. Might I suggest go getting that motherfucker; he went that way."

Hard to say, from such a short exposure. Halo 4 DMR sounds SOOOO much better, to start with... and it seems more powerful (when I was getting hit, I felt more vulnerable), but it fires slower than Reach DMR.

Gimme more time. ;)

How was the sound of the guns, amazing?

Also what did the base speed of the game feel like? Significantly better than reach? Or not too noticeable?

Overdoziz

Banned

Does the announcer specify which flag is stolen now? Right it says "flag taken" if you have the enemy flag and "flag stolen" if the enemy has you flag. It's not exactly crystal-clear, especially not for newcomers.
"Flag Taken!"
Guess not.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Does the announcer specify which flag is stolen now? Right it says "flag taken" if you have the enemy flag and "flag stolen" if the enemy has you flag. It's not exactly crystal-clear, especially not for newcomers.

You won't have any doubt about which flag is taken.

TheOddOne

Just got out of the grocery store...my change?...3.43

Niiiiice
simpsons-nerd.gif

feel

You won't have any doubt about which flag is taken.
Nice, this has been an issue for me for so many years, I can never tell what the fuck is going on fast enough in Objective games. I know it's partly my fault for not paying enough attention to the icons and specific sound cues, but it should still be clearer and dummy proof.

I wish there was more official information about Halo 4 multiplayer.
Especially about stuff thats currently being tested by audiences who aren't under NDA.
Because now we just have all these rumors about point streaks and perks, that may or may not be true.
And I'm trying to explain to my friends these new additions in a positive light, but I have nothing to back my claims up.

Homeboyd

That was sarcasm.

Also, we had a Waypoint community member there too. Don't know if he plans on posting.
Yeah I don't know what you guys do to the people that show up for these things but they always end up leaving HaloGaf for some period of time (or for good...). Wu is "packing for a trip"...

Pshh.. he's fuckin freaked and he's bailing on us.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO THEM?

Top Bottom