• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
WyK25.png

xBEMo.png

J2yu6.png

hIdR1.png

90EiM.png

WAT

WAT

also makes furry art: http://zillford.deviantart.com/
I thought you could tell me, you were the one doing it!
You got me.

I'd agree that some of Reach's encounters can play out the same way multiple times but its also the game that seemed to experiment with giving some choice in how to handle encounters (Rescuing the marines in Winter Contingency and choosing your objective in Sword Base) along with full on dynamic encounters like the missions in New Alexandria.

Hell, I'm just doing another run-through of the campaign for the weekly and was able to use a nice new strategy in Sword Base. Re-establish comms first, grab the sniper, and then when near the AA guns I pop out of the hog and snipe the big elite guarding the power switch. Then assault that position and activate the guns before the first dropship can unload enemies. Nice. Only problem is that the subsequent drop ship still managed to make its drops, which is lame, but the overall difficulty was dropped to a mop up exercise. And afterwards I find the AA Gun -> Swordbase path a little easier to get firing angles on then the other route. So even now after playing through the campaign nigh endless times I still feel like I can try something new and have it work out very well.

But I'd also agree that you could mix up the missions without disturbing the flow, and yeah, that is a pretty damning statement. Makes me want to replay the Halo 3 campaign again sometime soon. It's been a long while.

Nah, I just wasn't having fun putting in the time to get clips anymore. Dealing with the shitty matchmaking in that playlist. Now I just play when I have people to play with.

One of these days, I should play Reach. I'm probably just going to get the Weekly this week, though, at least until FF gets its update.

Skyrim needs playing, especially with the shiny new update tomorrow.

You could certainly hire someone to produce material for your weeklys. The Dr Dre of montages, so to speak.

Don't make a girl a promise...

Ugh. I'm just sitting here at work thinking about Halo, thanks to that Making of Halo2 video.

Combat Evolved: so good. For me, it was flawless. Halo2, on the other hand, underwhelmed me in many ways at first. I was expecting Combat Evolved 2.0, but the game was completely different. Even still, playing over xbox live was the most awesome experience ever, and, excluding the campaign, I quickly adopted Halo2 as a cherished member of the halo family. From there, though, my experience with Halo declines significantly. I was never a huge fan of halo3. I thought the campaign was much improved over Halo2, but still not even close to CE. And even if I thought theater mode was amazing, I had a laundry list of complaints with multiplayer. I'm just hoping Halo4 can recapture the thrill and excitement that the first two games had. I want to be enthralled with halo again.

Looks like Louis CK, but snazzier.

I actually remember that contest now, don't think I made anything, though.

--

Also: Shouting FUS RO DAH!!! at my Xbox is so satisfying.

I was going to try the new features, but my skyrim 140 hours safe file was deleted for some reason..

That really blows...

But it does give you an opportunity to start a new character, maybe something you haven't played before? DLC news today, so that's reason enough to at least get a level 20.

That really blows...

But it does give you an opportunity to start a new character, maybe something you haven't played before? DLC news today, so that's reason enough to at least get a level 20.

I tried doing that, but I couldn't really get into it again. Oh well, I still have many other games to finish.

That screenshot sure looks like CoD.

I don't hope 343 is going to do the marketing like DICE dit with BF3 last year. Way to many direct attacks. I'd prefer them to stay classy.

What about this: "Everyone buy Halo 4, because 4 > 2"

Damn, I have a future in marketing I think.

I can't seem to see the video, says that playback on external to Youtube is not permitted.

Well, it looks like the video is private right now, here's the direct link: http://youtu.be/upCWKsa9Skw

TheOddOne

I don't hope 343 is going to do the marketing like DICE dit with BF3 last year. Way to many direct attacks. I'd prefer them to stay classy.
EA and Activision pretty much hate each other, seems EA is more bullish about it though.

Halo 4 will stand on it's own, without useless mudslinging.

wwm0nkey

I$ hope 343 isn't going to do the marketing like DICE dit with BF3 last year. Way to many direct attacks. I'd prefer them to stay classy.

I dont think 343 is going to do direct attacks but I do think they will try to blot out the Black Ops marketing with theirs. I mean we already have a 90 minute movie coming and we know thats not all we are going to get.

I expect gamefuel and other things Halo related later this year.

I dont think 343 is going to do direct attacks but I do think they will try to blot out the Black Ops marketing with theirs. I mean we already have a 90 minute movie coming and we know thats not all we are going to get.

NGTHS.gif

I missed the GAMURFULE the first time around, don't drink much Dew. The praise it gets makes me feel like I missed out. Not again!

Hmmm... so let's discuss the implications of having both Call of Duty: Halo, and Halo 4: Call of Duty launching within a week of each other.

wwm0nkey

Hmmm... so let's discuss the implications of having both Call of Duty: Halo, and Halo 4: Call of Duty launching within a week of each other.

Well if Black Ops II is nothing like MW3 and has good map design we are going to be getting and good sci-fi arena shooter and a good modern arcade shooter.

Top Bottom