• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

feel

iTciTs6Nr4SMJ.gif
:lol :lol

daedalius

Do not drive over any bumps.

I'll do my best lol, wouldn't want to go flying off the road from a slightly different colored patch of dirt.

also enjoyed Wu's writeup, now if he'd only remember if the DMR has a 3x scope or not :p still going to be going 100% BR myself though.

One thing I can state unambiguously is that more emphasis has been put on larger MP maps to support Vehicle combat. Including adjustments to stop vehicles being torn apart by breezes and harsh language.
If you were to send me your cat's petrified poop rolled up in a gay pride flag with racial epithets about Obama written all over it, it would still be better than the horror that is Reach's vehicle combat. Your quote is inspiring, sir.

yep, slightly more damage resistant Reach vehicles in Halo 4 confirmed

I've been meaning to watch my bluray but the constant spamming of gifs in this thread turn me off. I feel like I've been spoiled of a lot of minor character development moments.
You're spoiled, all right. Just not in the way you think. ;-)

Did you really just spoil something on purpose?

Just some random establishing shot. How in the world is that a spoiler?

My avatar is such a huge spoiler!

so while we're talking about BO2 (kinda) this still looks directly stolen from Halo 2

original.jpg

To be honest, all Halo is COD, COD is Halo jokes aside, the fact that it's in the future spikes my interest a bit in a series that was pretty much off my radar at this point.

feel

Did you really just spoil something on purpose?
nah, that kind of gif doesn't really spoil a thing

And no big spoiler has been posted that I'm aware of, I was referring mostly to the ones that have facial expressions or reactions that show a side of character you are not meant to be exposed to in earlier episodes.

But I'm definitely not asking for people to stop posting those, it's my fault for taking so long to get on it.

edit-

I guess someone did spoil the iphone 4 moment, would've been cool to not know about that beforehand but oh well..

I thought it was curious that there's a butterfly effect in GoT in terms of the adaption. One minor enough character dies in the first series but is still alive and well in the books. An interesting thing George noted during his audio commentary.

Halo 4; I'll buy it yeah.

The one thing about Halo 4 that I really just don't get is the modifications. Giving people what are essentially perks, and that appear to not be that much of a game changer from what I can tell, just seem pointless. Having a slightly faster shield recharge time or one extra grenade is not going to cause tons of new people to buy the game. It just messes up the balance. I don't have a problem with AAs as long as they aren't stupid like armor lock or evade, but the modifications thing seems like it could get annoying to deal with and really wasn't necessary to add.

so while we're talking about BO2 (kinda) this still looks directly stolen from Halo 2

original.jpg

not exactly Halo 2 but:

The one thing about Halo 4 that I really just don't get is the modifications. Giving people what are essentially perks, and that appear to not be that much of a game changer from what I can tell, just seem pointless. Having a slightly faster shield recharge time or one extra grenade is not going to cause tons of new people to buy the game. It just messes up the balance. I don't have a problem with AAs as long as they aren't stupid like armor lock or evade, but the modifications thing seems like it could get annoying to deal with and really wasn't necessary to add.

I think its just a thing to give people a little more control over their spartan...allow them to custom tailor their experience ever so slightly. While the changes that it gives aren't huge, I think allowing people to be able to control little aspects of the game like that will go a long way into hooking people into the player investment system as well the MP. Custom experience does sell very well, and when balanced can be very fun. 343 really, really needs to put out a "MP of Halo 4" video that really goes down the list, shows us how it works, details it, etc.

Finally started watching Game of Thrones, hopefully its as good as people say.

The bar was raised about as high as it could be for me, so I went into my viewing thinking there was no way it could live up to the hype. I was pleasantly surprised. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Blops 2 will outsell Halo 4 on 360, and probably by at least 5 million copies.

Hey, 343 wanted to chase COD money. Now it's go time. We'll see how the market reacts to two futury multiplayer FPS games released on the same day, one from a franchise that they kinda remember playing 6 years ago when there were no other games out (or when they were 7 years old), and the other from a franchise that all their friends play for 4 hours a day.

When you come at the king, you best not miss. I see a lot of replication in H4, but not much to sway people over.

I...agree? I think Hell just froze over.

Probably would have been better had I not left on Thursday; things get unclear after several days, and I'm sorry.

Nevertheless:

Impressions from last week's Halo 4 event

Fantastic write-up.

m23

The bar was raised about as high as it could be for me, so I went into my viewing thinking there was no way it could live up to the hype. I was pleasantly surprised. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I'm two episodes in, and I'm loving it. Never thought I would like this type of show, but its great so far. I want to watch the next episode right now but I want to pace myself.

Just demonstrates how pointless Reach is, as an online game, to good players (these being the best players obviously). Without a ranking system and the strict skill matching and party restrictions that go with it, the majority of the playlists, including MLG, break down and cease to function in providing good challenging but not impossible games for the individual.

I played Reach for about three hours today and it may well have been the worst play time I've had with the game. Reasons:

- Terrible lag marred one game to the point I had to quit. I literally couldn't spawn.

- More latency than I've come to expect from Reach's netcode. Everyone's noticed how laggy the game's been recently. To the posters who say 'I'm happy as long as I can find a game' well, if that means bloodshots and headshots counting as bodyshots then I'd rather not play. The reason there's so much latency is because the population is low, so you definitely DO want Halo 4 to sell well and be good enough to retain a high population more than a year after release.

- Stomped on players one game, be stomped on the next. Soooooooo, whenever I saw a full team of AST clan or inheritors in the pre-game lobby I dashboarded so as to get a playable game. This happened three or four times.

- In a lobby where a player can't load maps 'Player failed to load content'. Now, usually, it boots the player who can't load maps after a few rounds of voting. This time however, it just froze while trying to load forgeworld. Stayed like that for five minutes. Had to dashboard.

- Fucking 'You have left too many games recently' message pops up MID-GAME, completely stopping my game until I press A. This was after not quitting three or so games, so plenty of opportunity to tell me in the lobby. IT HAPPENS AGAIN MID-GAME DURING A SNIPE BATTLE. YES I'M AWARE I'M ON PROBATION.

- Voting. The execrable Hemorrhage wins by one vote. I get about 5 kills in and quit, fuck it, life's too short. Quit banned.

Hahahahahaha, what you think I'm gonna sit in a corner and think about what I've done and come back with my tail between my legs? Lol no, I go and play Trials and have a great time!

My quits are political, come at me.

FyreWulff

Just demonstrates how pointless Reach is, as an online game, to good players (these being the best players obviously). Without a ranking system and the strict skill matching and party restrictions that go with it, the majority of the playlists, including MLG, break down and cease to function in providing good challenging but not impossible games for the individual.

Or it's just people being bored and doing silly shit. I'd go in with my buddies and suicide in Halo 3 and try to see if we could come back after -50.

Clearly since we did that, Halo 3 was pointless.

343 could prioritize skill heavily in Reach, doesn't mean they're going to do it.

Top Bottom