• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

I don't think that is a jetpack guys. Not after the screens we already saw.

No. Instead I think it looks like some kind of bomb to arm. Or something. The shape doesn't say jetpack to me.

Also, note that there are now service tags instead of clan emblems on the scoreoard. Thought that was pretty sweet too.

Personally I find those RvB videos obnoxiously unfunny, and having it take place in Halo 4 didn't change that for me. In fact it made it worse because all we want is some multiplayer gameplay footage, and instead 343i spends time commissioning these, largely pointless videos.

Excited about the date though. Like I said last night, fortune favours the brave. I didn't think they'd do it and they did. Bravo.
Captain Sisko is in command of the release date for Halo 4.

I don't think that is a jetpack guys. Not after the screens we already saw.

No. Instead I think it looks like some kind of bomb to arm. Or something. The shape doesn't say jetpack to me.

Also, note that there are now service tags instead of clan emblems on the scoreoard. Thought that was pretty sweet too.

Yeah I dont think its a jetpack either, though Im at a loss on what it may be.

Has anyone gone through both RvB videos on Warhouse and Wraparound to see if there is anything else easy to miss that is new?

Anybody else notice that the sniper has the range line things under the crosshair? Have other Halo snipers had that? It would be weird if they added drop-off, although I doubt they will.

FyreWulff

Anybody else notice that the sniper has the range line things under the crosshair? Have other Halo snipers had that? It would be weird if they added drop-off, although I doubt they will.

Range lines have been on various guns throughout the games, so bullet drop exists in the Halo universe, just not in the games :p

Karl2177

The best kept secret from GAF podcast aka the Real 7alk Podcast. No longer hosted from iTunes as much as I'm aware. Hosts: Ryaaan14 and SuperiorPosture. Guests: Digitalph33r, Predator5791, Bungie.net Ninjas, BryanSimon, bsangel, Randomsauce (of Halo 3 Mythbusters fame), Phurion (of Halo 3 montage epicnesssssss)

And calling of Wal-Mart grocery for vegetable sex toys.

Woorloog

Banned
jbh9HtrwecsDiw.jpg

Is it just me or is that Shotgun straight from Reach? Looks just like M45 TS. Need more futuristic shotgun!

Sai-kun

Banned

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah I swear I dont see a change with its model or texture. Not that the Reach one looked bad, but..

Yeah, Reach's shotgun doesn't look bad, just uninspired. Spice it up, add a a holographic sight, some color or a bit blockier appereance would be nice (UNSC weapons tend to be blocky).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Reach shotgun design is perfect. Give it new fancy graphix for Halo 4 and call it a day.

blamite

UbJKd.png

I figured the whole point of these huge shoulder things was to have the jetpack integrated into your Spartan's armor...

HtDDY.png

So why do we have this big chunky thing instead? It looks really unnecessary, and I'm sure weapons on your back will clip through it like in Reach.

I really hope that thing is something else. Why would a jetpack even be that round?

Reach shotgun design is perfect. Give it new fancy graphix for Halo 4 and call it a day.

I hate the Halo Reach shotgun design, the Halo 3 silhouette was a lot more descriptive, in that I could easily tell from afar that people had the thing. In Reach the amount of times I mistake it for a AR is unreal.

Graphics for Halo 4 look awesome, but those Rooster Teeth shorts might aswell have just been screenshots, I cant wait to see real gameplay footage.

Trasher

UbJKd.png

I figured the whole point of these huge shoulder things was to have the jetpack integrated into your Spartan's armor...

HtDDY.png

So why do we have this big chunky thing instead? It looks really unnecessary, and I'm sure weapons on your back will clip through it like in Reach.

I really hope that thing is something else. Why would a jetpack even be that round?

It's not a jetpack! That's the double head AA. It essentially gives you eyes in the back of your head.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the Halo Reach shotgun design, the Halo 3 silhouette was a lot more descriptive, in that I could easily tell from afar that people had the thing. In Reach the amount of times I mistake it for a AR is unreal.
Bobs = BK = blind kid. Maybe Halo 4 will have a perk that gives all enemy weapons name tags, just for you. :p

Top Bottom