• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Waypoint Forum update details:
https://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm819694_MEdal-chest-looks-to-be-fixord.aspx#post819694
  • You can click on a gamertag and "View Service Record" in the Forums now,
  • Arena rank is now displayed properly,
  • Forums is added to the Community menu on the mobile site,
  • Win/Loss % is added to Stats for Playlists and Maps,
  • # of Skulls and Terminals for Halo: Anniversary on Halo Stats Summary in Career is fixed
  • Game history should have better performance and you can now open it in a new tab
  • Plus numerous bug fixes for the Forums and Blogs, like changing the link color.

Pretty good Halo thread we've got going here.
I know right!

Loving the game though :D

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Create Game.
Why would it say create, unless there is some kind of Custom Games browsing or something to that effect. If it were regular games, and you are host/party leader, it shouldn't say create, as you can 'pass' lead to other members.

Could be reading too far into that though, maybe they're just changing stuff around...
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more a custom game browser makes sense. Not just because people have been asking for one since Halo 2, but also cause it would allow 343 to trim all of the mini-game playlists out of matchmaking -- Living Dead, Griffball, Action Sack, Team Objective, etc.

Joking about TO.

That video, man. So bad.

Edit : Whoa, no flood in Halo 4? That's REALLY good news.

Hope it isn't like Scott Pilgrim where everyone loves it, has things I love in it and I just hate it so much.

200mb size is a good start.

I feel the same way about that game, CyRen. LOOOVE Scott Pilgrim, love beat'em'ups, I adooore the spritework, love the music, can't STAND the game. Damn shame.

hc6u4gjixn.gif

Let me elaborate. This is from the Waypoint thread where the flood information came from:

I bet this is why he would rather post on NeoGaf then here, at least other designers will have respect for each other unlike people like you.

Also: I'm completely on-board with a custom game browser if it means people will stop stat-whoring Living Dead and Griffball and instead filter back into the matchmaking pool to play "proper" Halo. That also cleanses the Griffball/Living Dead communities of people that are there for the wrong reasons.

feel

Meh, I really love fighting them in Halo 1 (have killed thousands recently getting CEA achievement with friends), was hoping 343i would recapture the awesomeness by removing the long distance sniper crap added in the sequels and giving me a great amount of shotgun ammo in those segments. But of course, new enemies is always better.

Somewhat related: please add the Bandanna skull to every new Halo ever! So good to be able to just play any mission using any weapon of choice from end to end without running out of ammo, made from some awesome original scenarios in Halo1 (make it disable some achievements if you must). Also, a Monument to All your Sins needs to return.

GET!

Oh. I heard something at PAXEast what will break his heart.
:) :) :)

sorry gabo but that mode is not only bad but it affects the rest of matchmaking

https://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm819694_MEdal-chest-looks-to-be-fixord.aspx#post819694
  • # of Skulls and Terminals for Halo: Anniversary on Halo Stats Summary in Career is fixed
  • Game history should have better performance and you can now open it in a new tab
  • Plus numerous bug fixes for the Forums and Blogs, like changing the link color.
"Thank" feature sees no improvements in yet another update, for fucks sake

Striker

Meh, I really love fighting them in Halo 1 (have killed thousands recently getting CEA achievement with friends), was hoping 343i would recapture the awesomeness by removing the long distance sniper crap added in the sequels and giving me a great amount of shotgun ammo in those segments. But of course, new enemies is always better.
What made them bearable in H1 was the great Shotgun. Even so, in the forms they had in that game, the carrier flood is the one I hated the most. Then they evolved more as the other Halo games came out, and those became worse and worse, it seemed.

Going to listen to the Social Skirmish chat while I eat lunch. Better be good!

So, Xbox World Magazine UK has no new information on Halo 4. Pretty much a rehash of the info from the Gameinformer, they do confirm ― which we all guessed ― that MS E3 June press conference will be the next time we get major info.

The UK mag does have a nice timeline of all story, from the games to the books.

So wait, they do go over the same content that was in GI? If so, did they do a better job explaining things at all?

Awesome. While I expect the Flood will be back in later games, I'm glad they are steering away from that for now. Hopefully the next thing we hear is that you do not fight the Covenant very often.

Cool update, but man I wish that site ran faster/smoother.. Its such a pain to even use, I usually avoid it.

I'm sorry. If I had heard that Invasion won't be in Halo 4, I'd have posted it.

Someone help me out with this difference.
I did not really get it at first too. But Frankie only said that we won't fight against Flood in Halo 4. They still can have an appearance.

Edit.: He should have done it this way:
"You won't be seeing Flood in Halo 4."
and
"You won't be fighting Flood in Halo 4."

Which would make the difference much more clearer.

feel

I'm sorry. If I had heard that Invasion won't be in Halo 4, I'd have posted it.
It's cool, I was the one who made a leap there. Invasion is more or less confirmed to be out of the game anyways.

So, Xbox World Magazine UK has no new information on Halo 4. Pretty much a rehash of the info from the Gameinformer, they do confirm ― which we all guessed ― that MS E3 June press conference will be the next time we get major info.

The UK mag does have a nice timeline of all story, from the games to the books.
Did they also make it seem like it's gonna be a Reach2.0/COD? If so all the (supposedly) misconceptions gotta be 343i's fault then.

There is a huge difference between
and
Flood highly likely.
fixed

Someone help me out with this difference. Reading it as, they're in, but you don't fight them?
No fighting the Flood, if I read that correctly. Doesn't necessarily mean they won't show up at some point to maybe fight later in the next game.
Cliffhanger?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You guys doing straight mp3 or doing livestream?

Straight MP3. I'd like to add music and make it all nice and neat. I also imagine that it's going to take a while for us to get decent at it lol.

Gonna be hosted on HaloGAF.com.

Straight MP3. I'd like to add music and make it all nice and neat. I also imagine that it's going to take a while for us to get decent at it lol.

Gonna be hosted on HaloGAF.com.

It might not be a bad idea to do a pilot/episode 0 kind of thing just to get a feel for it.

The banner ad for this reply is a bunch of mixers and mics. Targeted advertising!

Looking forward to listening to the 'halogaf' podcast when it eventually happens.

It was more non-new and speculation. Was kind of mild compared to the GI stuff.

So I take it no additional mention of the weapons, such as the Assault Carbine. Haha ah well, I wasn't expecting anything anyways. Hopefully GI will post something new for the Halo 4 hub today.

TheOddOne

So I take it no additional mention of the weapons, such as the Assault Carbine. Haha ah well, I wasn't expecting anything anyways. Hopefully GI will post something new for the Halo 4 hub today.
They mostle focused on armor abilities, basic stuff such as spring being standard etc.

heckfu

Banned
I don't think I'll be spending money on Fez. Between Reach, FIFA, and what I assume to be taking up 90% of my time Trials Evolution, I'll be satisfied.

Looking forward to listening to the 'halogaf' podcast when it eventually happens.

How about some speculation on the Assault Carbine? Is it ever talked about in the books? I don't seem to remember...

Human, Covenant?

CyReN

Does anybody have the original render of the Halogaf logo? I had to rip from the shirt and may look "rough" around the edges.

6MO9N.png

Please don't like it if you don't, rather be honest and work on it then continue to keep it as crap.

heckfu

Banned
Does anybody have the original render of the Halogaf logo? I had to rip from the shirt and may look "rough" around the edges.

cYk3m.png

Please don't like it if you don't, rather be honest and work on it then continue to keep it as crap.

LOOKS LIKE SHIT, IDIOT.

jk

How is that montage coming along Duncan? I can't wait to see all those Asylum mutlikills ;)

Production is getting bogged down by contract disputes over sequel rights. The MPAA refuses to budge on the R rating. Studio execs are trying to force Harrison Ford to record an unnecessary narration track. The slapstick humor isn't being received well by test audiences. Sponsors are pulling funding and as a result blatant product placement has been added to inform viewers of the refreshing citrus taste of Mountain Dew™.

It's gonna be a few more weeks.

Top Bottom