• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

kylej

Banned
UUKnh.png

Another sexy view of the sniper scope.

BR Slayer.

AR defaults confirmed. Lord have mercy on my soul.

Overdoziz

Banned
Maybe, but wouldnt it make more sense to show yourself and the closet to yourself in terms of scoring? Since Church(blue) has 10 points and is leading it should show 2nd place
Probably has something to do with them having the same score of 0. Or that it's just an old build which is a bit glitched or something.

TheOddOne

I find it kind of odd that in the GI reveal 343 only talks about the new AA Forerunner Vision, is that the only thing coming as far as AA's?

UbJKd.png

I figured the whole point of these huge shoulder things was to have the jetpack integrated into your Spartan's armor...

HtDDY.png

So why do we have this big chunky thing instead? It looks really unnecessary, and I'm sure weapons on your back will clip through it like in Reach.

I really hope that thing is something else. Why would a jetpack even be that round?

Yeah, there is no way thats Jetpack, whatever it is looks awkward.

I find it kind of odd that in the GI reveal 343 only talks about the new AA Forerunner Vision, is that the only thing coming as far as AA's?

I find it weird that the GI article didn't go into very much detail about anything new, or how the game plays, etc. It was very sparse by GI standards.

http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/Podcast/343Sparkast_012.mp3

"h4 x to respawn in team slayer, 5v5 flow experience"

Ellis is a bulldog kind of player.

Hoping for no godtier weapons at launch

ps: Halo info only drops when I have homework.

What? That seems like it dropped early.

Mayyhem

I think this weapon spawn thing is actually going to be pretty cool. Wasn't really worried about it at first but now it just sounds even cooler.

CyReN

Tried to break parts of Halo down to differentiate.

Experiementing with removing weapon drops at the start and it made it "too chaotic"

Weapon drop system "Ordinance"

Players able to customize weapon drops in customs still.

Catering to the new players a little bit with the random weapon drops.

Subtle UI elements for random weapon drops.

The random weapon drops can kill you if it lands on you XD

Want to give players freedom to change loadout, customize it, take a breath or spawn right away.

The X to respawn is supposed to promote flow, keeping with the 5v5 experience.

Maps can support any game type.

Each map is more suited for a certain gametype.

Right out the box you can play the game how you want to play it.

Planning to not have god tier right off the bat.

One weapon is supposed to each play their own role, but question why have the DR & DMR if they serve the same role?

DMR shoots slowered, balanced out because BR can shoot faster. Recoil is going to play a big part in making sure certain weapons such as the BR can't just demolish.

No one weapon to rule them all.

Designed maps with Sprint in mind.

Slowdown mechanic when getting shot while sprinting

So far in, sorry for grammar.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Any particular reasoning behind this? (I haven't listened to the podcast yet)

It's based on a complicated mathematical formula, but in essence it was determined by the average number of living players during matches in certain gametypes.

Im still confused about weapon drops. I havent been able to listen to the podcast fully yet so please excuse if this is explained later, but are drops random in terms of what weapon they give you? And what location that weapon drops ends up in? I assume David was saying its not random because its signposted on the UI which weapon and location the drop ends up in?

5v5 objective is a bit of a clusterfuck in older Halo, wonder why its the sweet spot in H4

Overdoziz

Banned
It's based on a complicated mathematical formula, but in essence it was determined by the average number of living players during matches in certain gametypes.
Well it doesn't work on 4v4 maps so please change it back in Reach. ;)
That would also be a good opportunity to bring back Squad Slayer.

Im still confused about weapon drops. I havent been able to listen to the podcast fully yet so please excuse if this is explained later, but are drops random in terms of what weapon they give you? And what location that weapon drops ends up in? I assume David was saying its not random because its signposted on the UI which weapon and location the drop ends up in?

5v5 objective is a bit of a clusterfuck in older Halo, wonder why its the sweet spot in H4

All of it really hinges on map design and scale IMO.

Tawpgun

You can choose different starting weapons on spawn?

Not sure how I feel. On one hand it fixes people who want AR starts. On the other hand I feel the BR is going to be nerfed.

CyReN

You can choose different starting weapons on spawn?

Not sure how I feel. On one hand it fixes people who want AR starts. On the other hand I feel the BR is going to be nerfed.

AR sounds really powerful though.

Ghaleon, they said if you like firefight you'll love spartan ops if thats anything.

What worries me, and David and Frankie both mentioned this, is that if I played solo and ended up with awful teammates, now they can press a and run straight to they're death even quicker. I mean sure I probably shouldn't play alone, but its not always practical to find people to play with. I suppose the idiots on the other team will do the same thing though so the stupidity will naturally balance itself out.

Top Bottom