• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

I love this art. I just want to know what this object is. What's his purpose? It gives me a Alien/Prometheus-vibe.

image.axd

Looks like I have to try to snag a code for the theme in a drunk condition. Gonna be fun.

Overdoziz

Banned
How about 343 them selves come out and actually show us footage of how things work in multiplayer. The confusion about pretty much everything regarding it is becoming really annoying.
Where's mah MP Vidoc?

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the impressions, Wu. Were I not in meetings I would have asked how the game played, which you managed to not touch on. :p

Safe travels.

CyReN

Anybody have question for Killa KC? I can relay them to Nexy, looking like there's going to be a interview this weekend about his Halo 4 experience.

Wow. The times, they are a'changin.

Increased regen, extra ammo, some mysterious process determining ordinance... Color me confused. Whatever the system at work I just don't want to see yet another game where the best players are rewarded by further advantages.

Wait and see I guess, but I'm with Dax: Every reveal so far is a mix of the good and the bad, or at least the very worrying.

Tawpgun

Anybody have question for Killa KC? I can relay them to Nexy, looking like there's going to be a interview this weekend about his Halo 4 experience.

The fine, technical details we're going to get.

I just want his impressions on how base matchmaking halo will play like, and his opinions on where MLG Halo 4 will go with it. Compare it to Reach I guess. Competetive Reach vs Competetive Halo 4 (speculation I guess)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks for the huge write up Wu!

Damn, I wanna play it so bad. How long does this little event last for? I feel like just showing up at Bryant Park and trying to find where it is lolol ahhhhhh shit.

Risen

Changing out Pit KoTH for Amplified due to "bad spawns in Pit KoTH" renders all other opinions on competitive gaming invalid.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Crouch jumping is gonna be a pain. =/

Thanks again!

Yeah, they said that in the Podcast.

The mode Claude is refering to actually had ordnance on a timer (like weapon respawns work now) which is absolutely one of the ways it works. Personal ordnance will be on specific playlists and modes. Not a universal feature.

The UI on the build from the event has LOADS of temp/placeholder/bugs, etc. There's a reason there was no filming.

Damn, I wanna play it so bad. How long does this little event last for? I feel like just showing up at Bryant Park and trying to find where it is lolol ahhhhhh shit.

It was six hours.

Also, Trent Richardson, RB Alabama, was a god tier player. But his cousin was like Halo Rain Man. His first ever game (obviously) and he was going BlainOgreWalshy.

darthbob

The mode Claude is refering to actually had ordnance on a timer (like weapon respawns work now) which is absolutely one of the ways it works. Personal ordnance will be on specific playlists and modes. Not a universal feature.

The UI on the build from the event has LOADS of temp/placeholder/bugs, etc. There's a reason there was no filming.

Just pixelate and make us think you're hiding neat features.

Overdoziz

Banned

How many sleeps until the MP Vidoc?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
frinkles, if you guys are holding an event near
within say, 500 miles of
Chester CA, i'm down. shoot me a pm ;)

Chester_CA.gif

Louis Wu

It was last night - 7-midnight. (Well, I got there at 6:30, and they were nice enough not to kick me out. :) )

Alrighty, so basically there is a complexity of different ways it works, and we only know bits and pieces. Just to clarify there is timed ordinance and personal ordinance?

Im really excited to see and hear more about the game, thats for certain. You guys have your work cut out for you..you are gonna need a huge MP BTS video to explain everything. :lol

Kuroyume

Banned
Btw, if it's not in there I think 343 should add some kind of audio notification for your kill kind of like the KZ2 chirp. Some other games featured this but I can't recall off the top of my head which... MGO?

Overdoziz

Banned
Btw, if it's not in there I think 343 should add some kind of audio notification for your kill kind of like the KZ2 chirp. Some other games featured this but I can't recall off the top of my head which... MGO?
Maybe text in the middle of your screen saying "YOU GOT A KILL, YOU ARE SO AWESOME +100 SPARTAN POINTS" is enough.

GhaleonEB

Alrighty, so basically there is a complexity of different ways it works, and we only know bits and pieces. Just to clarify there is timed ordinance and personal ordinance?

Im really excited to see and hear more about the game, thats for certain. You guys have your work cut out for you..you are gonna need a huge MP BTS video to explain everything. :lol

The more I learn about the new game systems, the more I hope there are robust ways to message to players what is included in the game types they are firing up in matchmaking. Ordnance drops? Personal ordnance? Different scoring methods? Really hope there is ample space provided for a description of the game and the options as set up. Reach and Halo 3 were poor at this, but with the added complexity comes an increased need for it.

Don't know how I feel about personal ordnance, even if it's only for FFA. Changes the whole strategy/game especially since it relies on in-game tasks.

We really need context. It's been said that they are confined to specific kinds of game types in matchmaking - but we don't know what.

G17

Don't know how I feel about personal ordnance, even if it's only for FFA. Changes the whole strategy/game especially since it relies on in-game tasks.

GhaleonEB

Was the DMR 3x scope?

I'm very interested in this as well. As described, the BR and DMR sound sufficiently differentiated if they both have a 2x scope. If the DMR has a 3x, well, I really hope it's 2x.

We really just need context. It's been said that they are confined to specific kinds of game types in matchmaking - but we don't know what. Most of the content they've described has sounded objectionable initially, but much better given proper detail.

CyReN

heh - thanks.

Got packed, realized I told all my clients I'd be gone by now (so email/phone stopped ringing about 30 minutes ago), and now I've got a few minutes to kill - I'm good. :)

Reach DMR (no bloom/bloom) or Halo 4 DMR from what you played? (Kinda like people loved Halo 2 BR over Halo 3 BR with spread.)

Thanks for the info btw<3

Tawpgun

Frank O'Connor - 343 industries

Franchise Development Director
Head of Damage Control
Professional Troll

I expect this to be on your business card.

Kuroyume

Banned
The DMR is a BEAST at range... but much harder to handle up close. The BR is a pretty fast killer up close, but at any real distance, you'll get beaten by a good DMR.

tumblr_m0g0rjZ0wl1qfhut0.gif

Was afraid they were going to ruin it... Can't wait til I get my hands on it to see how these weapons differ from each other.

The more I learn about the new game systems, the more I hope there are robust ways to message to players what is included in the game types they are firing up in matchmaking. Ordnance drops? Personal ordnance? Different scoring methods? Really hope there is ample space provided for a description of the game and the options as set up. Reach and Halo 3 were poor at this, but with the added complexity comes an increased need for it.
Yeah, it really is going to be interesting to see how that side of things is handled.. I wonder how steep the learning curve will be with some if these new things.. I suppose they are planning for this this, but it seems like it may be a lot of information to convey.

I am completely open to change, I just hope that the new weapon spawning system doesn't strip some of the variety out of what people use. Im still hoping there will be non ordinance based weapons like needlers, PPs etc spawning regularly.

I don't remember. :( (I wasn't looking for it, specifically.)

I know you said you didn't use any other AA's, but did you see any in action? Did they seem pretty comparable to reach or did anything stick out?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

We are HUGE fans of adjectives, verbs and nouns.

CTF UI is currently masterful, as an example. You know who's flag got taken, by whom and more importantly, kind of what you should do about it.

This was always a frustration of mine with ANY fps - it just kind of assumed you were an old pro at Counterstrike.

Louis Wu

Reach DMR (no bloom/bloom) or Halo 4 DMR from what you played? (Kinda like people loved Halo 2 BR over Halo 3 BR with spread.)

Thanks for the info btw<3
Hard to say, from such a short exposure. Halo 4 DMR sounds SOOOO much better, to start with... and it seems more powerful (when I was getting hit, I felt more vulnerable), but it fires slower than Reach DMR.

Gimme more time. ;)

Top Bottom