• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

PNut

Banned
Understatement of the day.

Bring back Squad Slayer, nuke Super Slayer, make Objective 4v4 again, put Overdoziz's Sanctuary in and I don't care what else you guys do.

Yep. Pretty much this. I still don't know why Super Slayer was removed and Objective made 5v5. I know it had low numbers pre-TU (low cR payouts and AA's had alot to do with that), but Reach maps are too small for 5v5 Objective. It's crazy. Who decided 5v5 was ok!?!?! There is no way some people actually tested it. No. Way.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If I start from the beginning of the level, I'm switching to MLG Reach lol

edit: Looks like it started me at the beginning of the level. WTF are check points for? lol time to play some Reach MLG

Yep. Pretty much this. I still don't know why Super Slayer was removed and Objective made 5v5. I know it had low numbers pre-TU (low cR payouts and AA's had alot to do with that), but Reach maps are too small for 5v5 Objective. It's crazy. Who decided 5v5 was ok!?!?! There is no way some people actually tested it. No. Way.

Yea and they didn't change any of the timers on objective or anything, just add another two players into the map and thats all. What kind of design decision is that? Balance and play hours before doing something that crazy. Objective was FINE 4v4. People just don't want to play Objective.

Yep, armor abilities completely ruin Beaver Creek.
I think armor abilities, in general, don't do a lot for map design. Maps need some type of control to help regulate movement and flow. Armor abilities basically say FU. It's just an example of trying to put too much into the game and not focusing enough on what really makes the game work. For Halo4, I really hope I'm wrong.

Yeah I was getting mad lag in the stream. :/

May be on my end.

I was getting it too, actually.
I was too. Thought it was me, so i stopped watching.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
wow at this kid, 343i need to get him on the FUD series crew to help with props
db1A97g2NyFHlE.gif

Holy Crap that's amazing.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Almost threw a controller. Needed 15 kills for the challenge and my Internet (mediacom is the worst company ever) went out each time I would get 1 or 2 kills, ending the game. It's been doing this for weeks and they are finally sending a tech out tomorrow.

Frank can you do the weekly bulletin like once a month from now on please? I just love reading it by you, nothing against Jess, you just have such a great understanding of what's going on and put it in such great words that I would be nice to read your own essays once a month haha.

<3

Also, the CoD trailer already in one day has 4 times more views on youtube than the H4 first look and H4 announcement trailers highest numbers combined, bawwww. I knew CoD was extremely popular but damn.

^^ However, Halo 4 will be such a great game that all those people who don't have a 360, aren't picking up H4, and getting CoD instead, will be missing out :)

Also, the CoD trailer already in one day has 4 times more views on youtube than the H4 first look and H4 announcement trailers highest numbers combined, bawwww. I knew CoD was extremely popular but damn.
Probably helps that it aired during a basketball game. Halo 4 needs that mainstream reveal, like Demon mentioned some pages back.

I suggest a trailer with The Dark Knight Rises. >=)

Probably helps that it aired during a basketball game. Halo 4 needs that mainstream reveal, like Demon mentioned some pages back.

I suggest a trailer with The Dark Knight Rises. >=)

Yeahh very true. Conan's kind of mainstream but not hugely.

Hopefully this hyped E3 presence will pay off as well as like has now been mentioned (i've been off GAF for a little while, been on Halo council alot for my info on the go, very busy with finals and going on vacation to Ocean City, MD this weekend!) a massively public reveal. I saw Halo 3's in a movie theatre and shat brix, wasn't my first time seeing Starry Night but it was still nice to see the exposure it was getting.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just read the update. Frankie has such a way with words. I couldn't help but think of a wise, patient father gently reasoning with a bunch of raging kids. Which, umm, is pretty much the reality.

Really rad of him to mention cystic fibrosis month, too.

Just read the update. Frankie has such a way with words. I couldn't help but think of a wise, patient father gently reasoning with a bunch of raging kids. Which, umm, is pretty much the reality.

Really rad of him to mention cystic fibrosis month, too.

Yep, this is why i'm totally starting the grass roots movement to get Frank to bless us with a weekly update once a month.

Havok

Any chance of getting the new enemy progressions added to Score Attack? I'd like to try them, but I don't want to deal with internet jackholes and the netcode of Firefight.

Edit: Double win bonus seems to be doing well for Objective. Seven hundred late on a Wednesday is pretty high.

Lol go into Objective by myself get matched on a team of single players against a team of 5, 3 are inheritors, two are forerunners.

Dashboard that fucking garbage.

Great Bulletin.

Really glad I bought my PAX badge earlier this evening. Close call. I hope the shortage doesn't screw over any HaloGaffers...
Please tell me that you did not forget me. Please. At least I have to order 3 single day passes if so.

Edit.: Otherwise I'm looking for a room share partner from Thu-Mon.

Sai-kun

Banned
Well, bought my 3 passes! My wallet was not prepared, but I didn't wanna wait.

Lol go into Objective by myself get matched on a team of single players against a team of 5, 3 are inheritors, two are forerunners.

Dashboard that fucking garbage.

I think signing out and back in is faster than loading the game all over again :)

Yeah I was getting mad lag in the stream. :/

May be on my end.

I was getting it too, actually.

Stream is running great at 60fps. Must be twitch. Or the 4mb/s need for the stream
I had lag on all twitch streams, did some goggle-ing and found out that there is a DNS issue between Comcast and Twitch. Changed my DNS settings and every twitch stream that I tried was great except for Tashi's.

CoD launched a full-blown ad campaign to go with that trailer. Halo 4 had a 10 minute bit on Conan. Things will be different August-November.

Mikwen running games with Classic comeback from -78 kills down.

I guess this is a new trend until Halo 4 comes out for Pros that are bored in matchmaking.

Assault was one of the streams that I checked whilst trying to resolve the Tashi issue, and he was ordering his team to allow the other team to get 4 flag caps before anyone could play. Snipedown had a popular video doing it so now everyone wants to get in on it? Whatever works I guess.

Homeboyd

Have they no Halo Honor?
You know, if clans ever return, it would be awesome to set up matches (in customs) where you can add advantages/disadvantages (handicaps) for one team or the other.

Like "Blue team starts at -10" or "Red team can not pick up power weapons" etc...

Talk about bragging rights.

Top Bottom