• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

senador

Banned
As dumb as it may be, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

I don't know what's happened to EA these last few years. They were sooooo good before all of this, now I just don't know.

Hey at least they brought the DICE servers back up today after saying that private servers were just too popular and theirs were hard to find. They dance the edges of consumer limits too often.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey at least they brought the DICE servers back up today after saying that private servers were just too popular and theirs were hard to find. They dance the edges of consumer limits too often.

True, I'll give them that. At least now I don't have to worry about an admin kicking me because I killed him.

Ramirez

and Diablo, what type of game is it? is it like WoW?

Diablo is a dungeon crawling loot game, the absolute best of its kind, Diablo 2 is still one of the best games ever, and that's not nostalgia talking. Apparently the CE comes with 3 guest passes, lets you play it up to level 13, anyone who wants one can PM me & I'll draw names or something if there's more than 3 interested.

edit: Oh man, rumors that BF3 is switching to a subscription are popping up again. Seriously, this better not be true.

I wish they'd do it, just for the backlash and lulz.

Ramirez

I'm glad they did, but I'm still pretty bitter about it. "We can save some money, turn them off and we'll see if they notice.". Grr. Ah well the game is off the "written off" list now.

Battlefield is dead to me on consoles, the refusal to up the player limit is hilarious. No game on Earth should succeed with maps like Caspian Border capped at 12 players per side, literally go minutes without fighting anyone, so much fun!

Bad Company 2 was awesome, 3 was garbage on consoles.

neoism

Bo6Im.jpg

aammmmzaing cover...

daedalius

Diablo is a dungeon crawling loot game, the absolute best of its kind, Diablo 2 is still one of the best games ever, and that's not nostalgia talking. Apparently the CE comes with 3 guest passes, lets you play it up to level 13, anyone who wants one can PM me & I'll draw names or something if there's more than 3 interested.

Not many hours now Ram, my body is ready for D3.

senador

Banned
Battlefield is dead to me on consoles, the refusal to up the player limit is hilarious. No game on Earth should succeed with maps like Caspian Border capped at 12 players per side, literally go minutes without fighting anyone, so much fun!

I don't have PC version to compare with, it definitely looks more awesome though. I was under the impression 360 can't handle more than 24 players? I loved the game but lost a lot of interest after 100 hours or so. I'd still like it but tr server situation ruined it for me. I'll try it again now that it's "fixed" though.

Ramirez

I don't have PC version to compare with, it definitely looks more awesome though. I was under the impression 360 can't handle more than 24 players? I loved the game but lost a lot of interest after 100 hours or so. I'd still like it but tr server situation ruined it for me. I'll try it again now that it's "fixed" though.

Thermight told me they don't push it past 24 because the devs say there hasn't been an outcry to push it past that number. Thermight lies to me a lot though...

If they can't get it past 24, then the consoles should have their own unique map set. You can't slap 64 player maps into a 24 man version and expect it to play good.

MrBig

Hardware bandwidth restrictions by Sony/MS. No dev can do anything about it without gimping their netcode.

Ramirez

Not many hours now Ram, my body is ready for D3.

I don't get my CE until tomorrow, but since the servers don't go up until 3 AM EST, I'm not that bummed about it, lol.

Hardware bandwidth restrictions by Sony/MS. No dev can do anything about it without gimping their netcode.

Then it falls squarely on DICE to develop maps that cater to 24 players, not port their 64 player PC version maps.

feel

Finally looked at the boxart on a pc screen. UUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

And only now I actually realize that that's the FUD on the left. Kinda sad seeing that the Chief half will be getting completely fucked up.. :(

daedalius

I don't get my CE until tomorrow, but since the servers don't go up until 3 AM EST, I'm not that bummed about it, lol.

I did the year of WoW for a free d3, probably not the best decision, but oh well. Did the same for my wife.

Got my digital version all loaded up and ready to go at 2am here.

Fuchsdh

Finally looked at the boxart on a pc screen. UUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

And only now I actually realize that that's the FUD on the left. Kinda sad seeing that the Chief half will be getting completely fucked up.. :(

Postmortem on the FUD forums just pointed out that the design of the Dawn seems off, but when I compared to this:

Forward_into_dawn.jpg

it actually looks pretty close, albeit that the registry and emblem are curiously upside-down and reflected :) Artistic license I assume.

They play on that map in customs...
...for fun.

Yeah I had that stream open for a while and every time I looked at it they were playing horrifyingly bad forge maps. I'd assume they'd be playing the decent BTB DLC maps, not forge world for days.

That's good news. I'm sure they are dead though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That Halo 4 cover would've looked so much better had Chief been holding a BR. Not gonna win any fights with that other gun.

El_Chino

Random thought, do you guys believe the information in the upcoming OXM would have anything to do with what we should expect from E3?

That Halo 4 cover would've looked so much better had Chief been holding a BR. Not gonna win any fights with that other gun.
Chief is ready to handle any new threat, running straight at them with a hose of bullets ready to smack them and trade kills in the process.

kylej

Banned
Sage has an orgasm every time the banshee kills good players.

edit. oh shit it's Assault streaming it? That kid is hilarious. One of the few people who actually seems to have a good time and goof around unlike ultra tryhard nerds like Formal.

kylej

Banned
some obese BTB garbage kid just went +38 with the banshee against pros.

Remove all vehicles from future Halo games.

Sage has an orgasm every time the banshee kills good players.

edit. oh shit it's Assault streaming it? That kid is hilarious. One of the few people who actually seems to have a good time and goof around unlike ultra tryhard nerds like Formal.

Formal is in those games...I would say Gamesager and co. are much more tryhard nerd than most pros.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

I'd like to be put into the hat for this. Never played Diablo before and would like to know if it will run well on my PC.

Ramirez

I'd like to be put into the hat for this. Never played Diablo before and would like to know if it will run well on my PC.

You & HigherLevel are the only two to even show interest, I'll just save the last code for a drawing if more people want in. I pray that the guy in Gaming knew what he was talking about when he said the CE came with 3 codes, lol.

senador

Banned
You & HigherLevel are the only two to even show interest, I'll just save the last code for a drawing if more people want in. I pray that the guy in Gaming knew what he was talking about when he said the CE came with 3 codes, lol.

I'm interested, but didn't want to take if others were. Eh, I don't have time now, give to someone else.

If its like SC2 it'll have passes to give out. SC2 came with 2 14 day guest passes, as well as WoW days or something.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I'm interested for sure, it says my PC will run the game but want to test it out before buying, I'd be grateful for a code.

zlatko

Banned
I dig the cover. 100% awesomesauce.

Show me the Limited and Legendary Editions now. I'm all in for a Legendary Edition.

Thermite

If this is the case, I'll have two extra codes to give out, as well. If anyone is interested just PM me so I'll remember to hook you up tomorrow.

Top Bottom