• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Kuroyume

Banned
My favorite Dax moment is still the post where he posted a series of images showing a texture from some H3 level that he believed was a cryptic message that Bungie put there. He was trying to decipher it.

GhaleonEB

I actually considered putting something together like that on HaloGAF.com, but with more of a "lessons learned" angle. Ended up just using that idea for the Tips for Junior Members page.

Might still be worthwhile; a recap of the ill-fated Bungie Humpday event from the HaloGAF viewpoint would be nice (to counter the Bungie writeup).

Would there be any interest? What major events in HaloGAF history should be included?

- The banning of EazyB.
- Halo 3 thread getting locked.
- The Bungie Humpday shenanigans.
- Any PAX meetups, etc.

There's that time the Halo 3 megathread was deleted for a bit, but I think the less said about that the better.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Louis Wu said:
kylej said:
BR was handed down by a higher power when Master Chief landed on earth. You know the Creation of Adam fresco by Michelangelo? It was kind of like that.
itsamiracle.jpg
Classic.

I actually considered putting something together like that on HaloGAF.com, but with more of a "lessons learned" angle. Ended up just using that idea for the Tips for Junior Members page.

Might still be worthwhile; a recap of the ill-fated Bungie Humpday event from the HaloGAF viewpoint would be nice (to counter the Bungie writeup).

Would there be any interest? What major events in HaloGAF history should be included?

- The banning of EazyB.
- Any PAX meetups, etc.
That's all I can fill in for now.

^its your birthday? Happy Birthday!
I accidentally wished my friend happy girthday via text yesterday. Felt like sharing.

I find it crazy I was a lurker from before the Halo 3 e3 trailer and it took me so long to get an account..

Man, I hope when halo 4 marketing picks up that it really picks up..even if we get frequent but small tid-bits ( Say random things like a weapon render, etc) I would be happy, cause Halo 3 hype was way higher for me at this point.

Off topic but...Is there anywhere I can see if my mac can run Diablo 3?

- The banning of EazyB.
- Any PAX meetups, etc.

Well, there was that time not long ago when someone tried to hotlink an image and instead of the intended image we were all treated to a weird testicle in a cup jpeg. That's a "standout" moment...that can never be unseen.

Well, there was that time not long ago when someone tried to hotlink an image and instead of the intended image we were all treated to a weird testicle in a cup jpeg. That's a "standout" moment...that can never be unseen.
Yes, that was indeed odd (and frightening). Thanks a lot for that blamite.

This topic is making me realize how much HaloGAF history should be left in the past. This road leads to dark places.

I thought HaloGAF was bad now, but looking back in the Halo 3 thread... I'm so thankful we're not like that today.

However, I have fond memories of lurking that thread back in the day. It's what made me sign up for Gaf. <3

Fuchsdh

The only bit of history I was here for... *single tear*

I'd definitely be interested in hearing about some of these things though.

GhaleonEB

This was pointed out in the gaming side thread, but this is what was revealed yesterday:

morelikeitfecc3.jpg

Which is awesome.

This is what showed up on Amazon.de:

Which is much less so. Saturated background and the color changes really suck detail and impact from the piece (not to mention the crop job). I really hope the Amazon one is not what they roll with.

Ghaleon, I think that first one is actually a fan-made mockup. (Which does look better than the Amazon.de one.)

I could be wrong about that though.

Homeboyd

91mA3lLoYYL._AA1500_.jpg

Which is much less so. Saturated background and the color changes really suck detail and impact from the piece (not to mention the crop job). I really hope the Amazon one is not what they roll with.

FamilyGuyVomit.gif

And the puzzle pieces look like the first one ghal posted. This is the finished product:

UXRxK.jpg

GhaleonEB

Ghaleon, I think that first one is actually a fan-made mockup. (Which does look better than the Amazon.de one.)

I could be wrong about that though.

Correct. I was not referring to logo and title placement which is what was added (and is also better), but the art itself. The art on the Amazon cover has been modified from the key art released yesterday in the ways I described. I think it really takes away from the piece, losing much detail and with a less desirable color to the Chief. (It's also cropped closer, probably to put more emphasis on the Chief, but looks much less grand for it.)

I'm really hoping it's just a crappy mock up by Amazon.

This was pointed out in the gaming side thread, but this is what was revealed yesterday:

morelikeitfecc3.jpg

Which is awesome.

91mA3lLoYYL._AA1500_.jpg

Im glad Im not the only one who thinks the colors on the amazon art are really a major downgrade. It really changes the feel of the art. =/

Correct. I was not referring to logo and title placement which is what was added (and is also better), but the art itself. The art on the Amazon cover has been modified from the key art released yesterday in the ways I described. I think it really takes away from the piece, losing much detail and with a less desirable color to the Chief. (It's also cropped closer, probably to put more emphasis on the Chief, but looks much less grand for it.)

I'm really hoping it's just a crappy mock up by Amazon.
Gotcha. We're on the same page then, I was just confused by your phrasing.
Im glad Im not the only one who thinks the colors on the amazon art are really a major downgrade. It really changes the feel of the art. =/
I agree that the saturation makes the background harder to distinguish, but I can see why 343 might want to make Master Chief's green armor pop more. In the original pic he looks more black/gray than his iconic green.
What the hell is with the black ripple effect in the top left corner?
You mean that nanomachine swarm?

Top Bottom