• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As a GAFGold subscriber, sometimes I have to wonder where my money is going.
Your money got me a new ride:

yesd2y9y.jpg

Thanks Bregmann!

To me, you should have seen what it funded me last night. ; )

Im guessing you finally shipped across the fine lady in your avatar and played co op with her?
Was it, ODST, Halo 3 or Reach co op?

I had some amazing games of Halo 3 yesterday, haven't felt so warmed up with a Snipe in like a year, I still love the idiots on matchmaking who betray (but still suck at even doing that), managed to get matched up against one dude after he did that and have a lot of fun with him. :p Revengeance is so sweet. (still a stupid subtitle though)

Im still considering if I should get the LE version of Halo 4, I really hope we get more info about the projected plans for DLC before the games out to help us make that decision. I assume that the DLC will stick with being 800 points each? I wonder if they will throw that information out there.

Im still considering if I should get the LE version of Halo 4, I really hope we get more info about the projected plans for DLC before the games out to help us make that decision. I assume that the DLC will stick with being 800 points each? I wonder if they will throw that information out there.

Cheapskate!

Krow just called you out over your double post over live, but he won't confront you about it because, well, you know.

Cheapskate!

Krow just called you out over your double post over live, but he won't confront you about it because, well, you know.

I am tempted to look up bird insults, tell him not to push me, I will do it.

TBH im tempted to not even replace my xbox, feels stupid paying again for broken hardware. Especially considering im going to have to renew my xbl subscription, it feels like patting Bill Gates on the back for throwing my xbox out the window and making me get another one. I have the same feeling spending more than I need to on a video game I dont know anything about. Ill wait till E3, but right now im saving towards annoying real life stuff, and even if my xbox wasnt broken I would be spending more than I want to on video games lol.

BTW, you never answered the question. Stop trying to avoid the questions.

The only thing I care about if the UNSC Infinity stuff has the same amount as Dr. Halsey's Journal. Because the digital content is much more compared to Reach's LE.

Fuchsdh

No one else disappointed a bit by this? Was hoping they'd go the more maps per pack route.

Hopefully they'll have learned from Halo Reach's support and go for a more rapid deployment of smaller map packs. Of course, that'd only be optimal if they also started bundling packs afterwards.

I know it's out of 343i's control, but if Microsoft allowed more leeway in discounting and bundling DLC everyone would be happier.

FyreWulff

No one else disappointed a bit by this? Was hoping they'd go the more maps per pack route.

I was hoping they'd actually try to release more maps, period. Seems MS is just happy with the 3 packs and done level of content. No Firefight also means no FF maps to round out packs.

Heck, I'm making that sound better by going by packs. By map count, this is even less output than Reach. At least they told us before the game came out, I guess.

Hopefully if they're all outsourced to CA, they're all new maps, and majority of DLC isn't freaking remakes again.

Hopefully they'll have learned from Halo Reach's support and go for a more rapid deployment of smaller map packs. Of course, that'd only be optimal if they also started bundling packs afterwards.

I know it's out of 343i's control, but if Microsoft allowed more leeway in discounting and bundling DLC everyone would be happier.

MS didn't learn anything.

TheOddOne

Yep, disappointed about this too. I usually understand when map packs have less maps later down the line, but usually we get pretty substantial first offerings – around 4 to 5 maps.

We have yet to hear how Spartan Ops is going to be implemented, I wonder if we might also get maps for that too.

Hopefully these map packs will be free after three or four months.

:(

Now that the map packs are tied with the Limited Edition package it will almost certainly go the complete other direction. People would just complain too much if they pay more for the LE for the maps and they go free. :(

Will be interesting to see if they do a Mythic style disk for Halo 4.

Tawpgun

I want to know how much space Spartan Ops will take. If it's disc locked, mot much but, then again, its disc locked content.

If it's Downloadable, then ow my hd

Awesome montage Duncan. That intro was god-tier. Tis a shame my clip is missing my first 2 (and agruably better snipes) but the whole thing was just so amazing I don't even feel mad :p Also, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, bt it simply did not feel like 13 minutes to me. t went by so quickly.

2/5

If its downloadable, then I'm fucked.

You can probably get USB's to shove it on for pretty cheap if it came down to it, im hoping for free downloadable Spartan Ops. :p

Awesome montage Duncan. That intro was god-tier. Tis a shame my clip is missing my first 2 (and agruably better snipes) but the whole thing was just so amazing I don't even feel mad :p Also, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, bt it simply did not feel like 13 minutes to me. t went by so quickly.

2/5

Yeah it was really entertaining, I never watch Reach montages and I rarely watch montages longer than like 5/6 mins, but the HaloGaf montage was amazingly well done, enjoyed it from beginning to end. I demand an encore, with the footage which was cut!

Yeah, 3 maps per pack is pretty weak especially in Halo considering that there are BTB and 4v4 maps as opposed to games where that doesn't happen.

I was hoping they'd actually try to release more maps, period. Seems MS is just happy with the 3 packs and done level of content. No Firefight also means no FF maps to round out packs.

Heck, I'm making that sound better by going by packs. By map count, this is even less output than Reach. At least they told us before the game came out, I guess.

Hopefully if they're all outsourced to CA, they're all new maps, and majority of DLC isn't freaking remakes again.

Hopefully they don't outsource to CA. Dem weapon placements, so bad.

I know this has been said a million times, but there is seriously no excuse whatsoever for Halo 4 not having an effective DLC algorithm/implementation. Halo is one of the biggest franchises ever, and their handling of DLC has been a slap in the face to the consumer.

TheOddOne

I know this has been said a million times, but there is seriously no excuse whatsoever for Halo 4 not having an effective DLC algorithm/implementation. Halo is one of the biggest franchises ever, and their handling of DLC has been a slap in the face to the consumer.
I think there was a comment about an ongoing relationship with Certain Affinity. I guess they are going to work on a future mappack or maps.

GhaleonEB

Anyone still need the weekly? I'm about to plug in a second controller and dash through a mission, but I'll do co-op if anyone needs it. Was going to do Winter, but ONI or Nightfall will work as well.

I think there was a comment about an ongoing relationship with Certain Affinity. I guess they are going to work on a future mappack or maps.

That's what I assumed as well. I just hope they pay more attention to weapon placements and balance. And also, map design. (Highlands....)

FyreWulff

Yeah, 3 maps per pack is pretty weak especially in Halo considering that there are BTB and 4v4 maps as opposed to games where that doesn't happen.

Like discussed before, it seems 4 will require 8GB minimum of space to even play multiplayer (although that's entirely speculation), so I guess they're going to be pushing the Mattrick Pass fairly hard and requiring it in a lot of playlists.

And yes, CA does have a bit of an issue with initial weapon placement, but the maps themselves are, in my opinion, fairly solid. They've only been allowed to release 2 of their original competitive maps so far (their third one for Halo 2 was cancelled), so they haven't had the chance to build up the weapon placement experience like Bungie has.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm trying to get the achievement in Anniversary where you have to complete the Library on Heroic without dying. Sounds easy but I always die because grenades on the ground explode as a result of a nearby explosion. Feels so cheap, especially with Halo 1's incredibly powerful grenades.

Just posting this here, nothing new, just a recap of all the recent footage in a video set to classic halo music. Didn't really want to GIF spam the page.

So good.

Just over 2 weeks till E3, Can't wait.

I'm trying to get the achievement in Anniversary where you have to complete the Library on Heroic without dying. Sounds easy but I always die because grenades on the ground explode as a result of a nearby explosion. Feels so cheap, especially with Halo 1's incredibly powerful grenades.
I was playing The Library earlier this morning I was getting particularly annoyed by your inability to melee the Flood combat forms and fighting against those wielding rockets.

Plus you can't just rush the ending when you're on the fourth floor. You have to be slow and methodical when you just want the level to end.

Top Bottom