• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

daedalius

I'd feel it artificial that every Elite is on Humanity side, that every Elite gets directly a new ideology. The alliance between Elites and Humans had one goal: To stop the Prophet of Truth and his followers to activate the Rings which they did. What happened afterwards? Elites split into two groups. Some Elites still have the own viewpoint of the humans, other wants to conclude peace with Humanity.

And the civil war does not mean that the Elites are against the concept of the Covenant, they were not able to take it anymore the fuck the Prophets had done with them. Prophets fucked with their tradition, distrusted them because of replacing them with Brutes as honor guards.

It's just my opinion I have with the case.

You must send an administrative charge to my paypal account, then you are allowed to edit one post.

I would say the endorsement from the prophets to the rest of the covenant to murder all the elites was a bit more egregious than just the changing of the guard.

Bored_MC.jpg

Got a sick overkill with the triple being a showstopper tonight. SHUT UP HECKFU IT DOESNT MATTER IT WAS SWAT.

Anyways good games everyone. You can all be part of my wolf pack, anytime.

I got an idea.

Someone start an internet petition.

For a Mercenaries playlist.

Cause randoms are bad, and then you get matched against a team of 4-5 Overdoze-sized kids.

I literally can't play Halo Reach when I get home, because everybody has signed off for the night. I can't find enjoyable games.

So, just implement the matchmaking options that already exist?

Tunavi, go to sleep you scrub.

Wolves

Is anyone else following Leviathan's shield and sword series? It's really good: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1139019

It's fantastic. I'm doing something similar (though not in the Halo universe), and it's a lot of work. I've been drawing maps in my spare time and such, it's a great way to take a break from studying and get my mind on other things than real life for a while. :lol

Also, I'm reading one of the strangest sciencefiction novels I've ever read: Collector by Markus Heitz. I just did some research, and apparently it's not even been translated into English yet, even though a lot of the terms in the book are in English. It's about a strange humanoid species called the Collectors (or the Samaritans) which, over the course of 25 years or so, attack a multitude of human colonies and place them 'Under Supervision' to save the 'genetic purity of the human species'. Nobody knows why they do it, but nobody's ever been able to get close to a Collector-occupied world or escape it. During the course of the novel you find out what their ultimate goal is, it's pretty grim.

Sounds pretty basic, but the universe it takes place in is so goddamn weird. :lol It has corporations with pretty much unlimited power, humans using slipspace drives they found in ancient starship wrecks (the descendants of whose crew are often still alive), slipspace jumps being harmful to humans, humans experimenting with animal DNA to create 'beta-humanoids' (half-man, half-animal), humans united in an 'Order of Technology' dedicated to forever getting rid of our pesky physical bodies, strange invisible creatures called 'Drivers' which can, without warning, take over the consciousness of a random person in the universe and forever bind with it, and so on. It's really interesting, but it takes some mental excercises to wrap your head around everything.

It's fantastic. I'm doing something similar (though not in the Halo universe), and it's a lot of work. I've been drawing maps in my spare time and such, it's a great way to take a break from studying and get my mind on other things than real life for a while. :lol

Also, I'm reading one of the strangest sciencefiction novels I've ever read: Collector by Markus Heitz. I just did some research, and apparently it's not even been translated into English yet, even though a lot of the terms in the book are in English. It's about a strange humanoid species called the Collectors (or the Samaritans) which, over the course of 25 years or so, attack a multitude of human colonies and place them 'Under Supervision' to save the 'genetic purity of the human species'. Nobody knows why they do it, but nobody's ever been able to get close to a Collector-occupied world or escape it. During the course of the novel you find out what their ultimate goal is, it's pretty grim.

Sounds pretty basic, but the universe it takes place in is so goddamn weird. :lol It has corporations with pretty much unlimited power, humans using slipspace drives they found in ancient starship wrecks (the descendants of whose crew are often still alive), slipspace jumps being harmful to humans, humans experimenting with animal DNA to create 'beta-humanoids' (half-man, half-animal), humans united in an 'Order of Technology' dedicated to forever getting rid of our pesky physical bodies, strange invisible creatures called 'Drivers' which can, without warning, take over the consciousness of a random person in the universe and forever bind with it, and so on. It's really interesting, but it takes some mental excercises to wrap your head around everything.

Is that book in French or Dutch? Sounds pretty interesting and I still need some books to take with me on vacation.

Is it good? It's on my list to read but the Amazon reviews always discourage me to buy it.

I've read worse. I've also read better. The guy's a fantasy author and it shows, he's constantly throwing strange terms around and isn't afraid to detach things from reality. Most sci-fi I've read is pretty tame in comparison, this one has some crazy shit. It also takes a while to get going, and at first he's introducing all these characters and you can't see the connection between any of them. By the endgame, though, which is where I am now, things start getting tense and it gets pretty hard to put it down.

If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend the Hyperion cantos by Dan Simmons. Now that's some excellent sci-fi.

Yeah now i'm jobless as well as 30 something % of people my age in Portugal

But still... examslol

And then one of my history teachers opened her first class with the words "Just remember, when you graduate, the situation will probably be the same here as it is in Portugal. You're fucked." She then proceeded to play some Portugese song by some disgruntled students that's apparently really popular right now.

As for exams, mine start May 29. I am not ready. :lol

Gui_PT

And then one of my history teachers opened her first class with the words "Just remember, when you graduate, the situation will probably be the same here as it is in Portugal. You're fucked." She then proceeded to play some Portugese song by some disgruntled students that's apparently really popular right now.

As for exams, mine start May 29. I am not ready. :lol

We'll be there in a few months!

You filthy europeans will know my pain soon enough!

You filthy europeans will know my pain soon enough!

Belgium's still doing fine, for now. We're a strange people: slow to react. I mean, we spent more than 500 days without a government and nobody gived a flying fuck. Other countries would've erupted into civil war by then, but us? We all gathered on a square and ate fries.

ZalinKrow

My last exam was Monday, feels good to be free of that for now but I'm not looking forward to the results :/

Good luck to you guys with exams left though. I know Robbert has one today aswell I think. When you gonna head onto Reach for some post-exam guilt free games Elzar? :p

My last exam was Monday, feels good to be free of that for now but I'm not looking forward to the results :/

Good luck to you guys with exams left though. I know Robbert has one today aswell I think. When you gonna head onto Reach for some post-exam guilt free games Elzar? :p

Usual time, will celebrate by playing in my brithday suit, will send you and the others pics if needed.

I've read worse. I've also read better. The guy's a fantasy author and it shows, he's constantly throwing strange terms around and isn't afraid to detach things from reality. Most sci-fi I've read is pretty tame in comparison, this one has some crazy shit. It also takes a while to get going, and at first he's introducing all these characters and you can't see the connection between any of them. By the endgame, though, which is where I am now, things start getting tense and it gets pretty hard to put it down.

If you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend the Hyperion cantos by Dan Simmons. Now that's some excellent sci-fi.
At the moment I'm reading 'Do Androids Sleep of Electronic Sheep?' by Philip K. Dick. Afterwards I put already 'Rendezvous with Rama' by Arthur C. Clark on the queue. And I want to re-read the Foundation sometimes soon. But I put it on the list.

At the moment I'm reading 'Do Androids Sleep of Electronic Sheep?' by Philip K. Dick. Afterwards I put already 'Rendezvous with Rama' by Arthur C. Clark on the queue. And I want to re-read the Foundation sometimes soon. But I put it on the list.

Haven't read any of those. I'm pretty much limited by what my local library has in stock. :lol

Striker

Anniversary maps are ok.
Headlong is great under regular Halo settings, but I still hate how things like Jetpack ruin so much of the movement. The spot from old Brute Shot spawn to the Rocket spawn in the red base building. Case in point. You also often see players flying up above the steel beams and walls above the flag/bomb center, and raining down grenades. So awful. Ridgeline I like, but again under different settings in walking, jumping, and better vehicles/weapon start I'm sure it would play 2x better than it currently does. I don't think the map necessarily needs a Sniper either, or the respawn should have at least been lengthened.

FyreWulff

Headlong is great under regular Halo settings, but I still hate how things like Jetpack ruin so much of the movement. The spot from old Brute Shot spawn to the Rocket spawn in the red base building. Case in point. You also often see players flying up above the steel beams and walls above the flag/bomb center, and raining down grenades. So awful. Ridgeline I like, but again under different settings in walking, jumping, and better vehicles/weapon start I'm sure it would play 2x better than it currently does. I don't think the map necessarily needs a Sniper either, or the respawn should have at least been lengthened.

I hope 343 removes the banshee from Headlong Classic. Map improved once it was removed in MM in Halo 2 and the Banshee wasn't even overpowered then. For some reason we've regressed all the way back to November 2004 in lessons learned on that map.

Then again, they put a banshee on the Breakneck variant at launch, so wutevs

Fuchsdh

Belgium's still doing fine, for now. We're a strange people: slow to react. I mean, we spent more than 500 days without a government and nobody gived a flying fuck. Other countries would've erupted into civil war by then, but us? We all gathered on a square and ate fries.

The entire foundations of European governments kind of boggle me. Here you're in 'till you're out but swapping political parties isn't the equivalent of regime change.

Hasn't Italy basically had almost as many governments as years since WWII?

Top Bottom