• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

• Specializations

Everyone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then.

Multiplayer Vidoc BTS at E3 confirmed?

Well unless it looks good probably not. As long as they have the emblem I've been using since Halo 2, I'll probably use that. As for the skins, I don't know yet. I would rather have a behind the scenes disk then a limited skin AR tbh. Is anyone even going to use the AR?

Thats pretty cup half empty, They could be amazing and who knows the new AR could be a dream to use.

Ken

Um

Unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE.

All that is exclusive, and its going to get more use and acknowledgement than a Statue or Helmet would since other players can see it

Specializations we already know about you get to slots per loadout that can hold things like extra grenades or more ammo or faster regen

Sure but there's most likely going to be better skins to be unlocked in game. Given time those unique in-game skins are going to be seen less and less. Also, armor skin doesn't sound like it's going to be armor pieces so it will probably be hard to notice (or care about) in team games.

See Reach's limited/pre-order items like the chest piece, Recon attachment, and flaming head.

Sure but there's most likely going to be better skins to be unlocked in game. Given time those unique in-game skins are going to be seen less and less.

See Reach's limited/pre-order items like the chest piece, Recon attachment, and flaming head.

I hated reach limited stuff it was shitty, im hoping this will be alot better.

SPI armour would be sweet.

Multiplayer Vidoc BTS at E3 confirmed?

At E3 hoping for....

• Behind the scenes
  • Live Demo of new features
  • Discusion of new rank system
  • Official trailer

and then Microsoft says to close out, "Along with all of the new dashboard features we will be bringing to your living room in the fall, we will be adding clan support! Halo 4 will be one of the first games to utilize this awesome new feature."

One special edition of a game: finally. Sounds like a damned fine edition as well, though I hope that the extra video stuff isn't Waypoint-only access. Watching the Reach developer commentary was a complete pain in the ass. You either had to remember exactly where you left off and fast forward to it the next time, or, like me just fucking gave up and didn't watch the whole thing.

Good job, 343. you have my pre-order
FUCK YOU, GAMESTOP

So, specializations:
SPARcializations. Taking credit now.

Aggrotek

Will probably buy LE. I have the LE for H2 H3 and Reach. Legendary was always too expensive for me anyways.

The only drawback is that I am probably getting the LE for Borderlands 2. So my wallet will hate me in the fall.

Ken

I hated reach limited stuff it was shitty, im hoping this will be alot better.

SPI armour would be sweet.

Spartan skin doesn't sound like Spartan armor pieces though; maybe it's just armor pattern or highlights like in ME3 MP. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

CyReN

No making of hurts:(

Will it come with the green case for Halo 4 with limited edition? nothing annoys me more than not having the original case with a special edition to put on my dvd rack.

Hopefully they make lots of copies, I don't know about America but the LE was actually limited here... I wanted that statue :/

I normally order from bol.com , but since I'm probably moving out this summer, I have to wait with ordering it until I know where I'm going to live. I think 2 months before Reach's launch, the legendary edition was soold out at that site so I do want to order in time.

Tawpgun

Specializations sound gross.

I guess Reach won't be an outlier. One of the golden rules of Halo, starting on equal ground, is officially gone.

I do think it's fucking hilarious that of ALL the weapons they picked for a limited skin for hardcore Halo fans to get as part of an LE...

...they picked the AR.

715 of my 23,855 kills in Halo Reach are with the AR. That's 3 percent.
The AR is iconic!!
lol totally kidding. The precision weapons have always been more in my opinion, beginning with the Pistol from Halo1. Then the BR for 2 and 3. And finally the DMR in Reach
But it's not enough to get my panties in a wad.
So, specializations:

- quick reload
- extended clip
- extended AA usage
- health/damage/shield modifers
- other base trait modifications

?

Or something entirely different...
if only that had been in Reach I would have used it with the pistol...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So, specializations:

- quick reload
- extended clip
- extended AA usage
- health/damage/shield modifers
- other base trait modifications

?

Or something entirely different...

i took specializations to mean things like;

-assualt
-recon
-CQC
etc.

You pick a specialization and get xp bonus for doing related specialization things (ie, CQC kills for CQC specialization) and can also rank up the specialization class itself.

No making of hurts:(

Will it come with the green case for Halo 4 with limited edition? nothing annoys me more than not having the original case with a special edition to put on my dvd rack.

Skyrim
MW3
Arkham City
Gears of War 3
MW3

^ fucking all of them without a green case pisses me off.

Specializations sound gross.

I guess Reach won't be an outlier. One of the golden rules of Halo, starting on equal ground, is officially gone.

Theres still hope of dividing playlists. Competitive (Equal starts, no loadouts) and Social (Custom Loadouts, drop-in)

The competitive multiplayer modes of Halo 4 are known as War Games. The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE. Yes, you read that correctly; you get nine maps in the form of future DLC with the purchase of the Halo 4 Limited Edition. Score!

one can dream..right?

The AR is iconic!!
lol totally kidding. The precision weapons have always been more in my opinion, beginning with the Pistol from Halo1. Then the BR for 2 and 3. And finally the DMR in Reach
But it's not enough to get my panties in a wad.

Thats the issue, The AR has been in every game with the exception of Halo 2 its also the pictured weapon for chief in almost every shot.

Its Mario's mushroom, while on a game by game basis the other stuff maybe more iconic nothing says Halo like Chief holding a AR.

Theres still hope of dividing playlists. Competitive (Equal starts, no loadouts) and Social (Custom Loadouts, drop-in)

"These advancements can be used in both Spartan Ops and certain War Games matchmaking playlists, empowering player choice, vastly expanding their creative options, and make the experience deeper for core fans and more approachable for
COD
newcomers."

I hear Frankie in that phrasing...

The AR also has a surface area much more conducive to creating a special looking skin IMO. Also, looks like Spartan Ops will require LIVE; I was wondering how they would handle weekly distribution...

"These advancements can be used in both Spartan Ops and certain War Games matchmaking playlists, empowering player choice, vastly expanding their creative options, and make the experience deeper for core fans and more approachable for
COD
newcomers."

KBNcZ.gif

edit: hopefully "certain" means less then 20% of playlists.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Limited edition == insanely awesome!

The rapid keychanges (3 of them?) in the animated box art vid kinda weirded me out.. I suppose it's just a mini-mashup...

The animation in the box art video is all kinds of awkward. It's nicely done but the art piece was clearly not intended to be animated and it really shows.

COD
newcomers."

I'm sure there's some classic playlists for players who don't want to bother with the perks/AAs, etc.

The best case scenario is that the game is equally fun and balanced with or without these additions and you can play any of the playlist and have a fun Halo experience. But only time will tell.

I'm sure there's some classic playlists for players who don't want to bother with the perks/AAs, etc.

The best case scenario is that the game is equally fun and balanced with or without these additions and you can play any of the playlist and have a fun Halo experience. But only time will tell.

Get out with your crazy logic, you looney man.

I don't think theres even a point to have classic playlists. There populations are always painfully low. I'm hoping the second part of your post is true. I won't mind specializations, or sprint, or ANYTHING new, as long its still balanced and fun.

I like to think there's at least one playlist that does away with the additions/new gametypes for a more classic Halo experience. 4v4, old school Slayer/Objective gametypes, default loadouts/stats for everybody, etc. I think if you keep the amount of classic variants down, it'll help with the population and you don't have half a dozen Anniversary playlists to split the Anniversary audience with.

I like to think there's at least one playlist that does away with the additions/new gametypes for a more classic Halo experience. 4v4, old school Slayer/Objective gametypes, default loadouts/stats for everybody, etc. I think if you keep the amount of classic variants down, it'll help with the population and you don't have half a dozen Anniversary playlists to split the Anniversary audience with.

Team Hardcore, duh.

We can hope.

Will comment on the LE when I'm not on my phone, but that cover art teaser has me thinking 343 will keep the main enemy secret until launch. That's the impression I got from the tag line: "An ancient evil awakens 11/6/2012."

Proelite

My specialization predictions:

Grenadier: 1 more grenade, grenade damage and splash area increased by 50%.
Aim Assister: Headshots are 100% easier due to large head area on enemies
Speed Governers Removal: Unlimited Sprint
Power Arms: Meleeing after sprint is an instant kill
Assassinator: Meleeing while cloaked is an instant kill
Energy Stealer: Steal enemy shields by causing damage
Vampire: Killing an enemy restore all health and shields
Mirage: Simulate in-game lag by running in place / teleporting in small increments.

789shadow

Banned
My specialization predictions:

Grenadier: 1 more grenade, grenade damage and splash area increased by 50%.
Aim Assister: Headshots are 100% easier due to large head area on enemies
Speed Governers Removal: Unlimited Sprint
Power Arms: Meleeing after sprint is an instant kill
Assassinator: Meleeing while cloaked in an instant kill
Energy Stealer: Still enemy shields by causing damage
Vampire: Killing an enemy restore all health and shields
Goodbye cruel world.

Will comment on the LE when I'm not on my phone, but that cover art teaser has me thinking 343 will keep the main enemy secret until launch. That's the impression I got from the tag line: "An ancient evil awakens 11/6/2012."

Or Master Chief is the ancient evil. "Wake up, John"

Dun, dun, dun, dunnnnnn

Halo limited edition will be 69.99 in the UK. Good price, retailers will try to undercut each other leading up to launch, probably go as low as 65 pounds.

Top Bottom