• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

feel

Who are you and what have you done with Letters?
If you've done good I don't have a problem getting on my knees, that's how it's always been, I'm not a mindless hate drone.

Janky sprint animation (if you're gonna shove sprint into Halo, at least make it animate better or differently than the rest of the industry, make it stand out) and BR sound aside, that was fantastic. So pretty, crisp and smooth.

Oh, thankfully the Halo 4 boxart isn't as butchered as badly as we thought:

PJD3B.jpg
So good. Will buy at least one copy of each SKU for sure.

The HEADSHOT text has to be the most disgusting thing ever, my eyes focused inmediatelly on it and it's RIGHT on the middle of the fucking screen, what's the point, WHY?

Most pointless thing ever, DO NOT WANT... *sigh*
Seems the kind of thing that you just stop noticing when you're playing, there's much worse to complain about. Glad I don't mind it as much as everyone else.

Sai-kun

Banned
If Lady Gaga wore scales "OMG SHE'S THE BEST WHAT AN ARTIST"

Scales on a video game armor? "iwanttodie =("

Please don't bring Our Lady into this. The Lady is free to wear what she wishes, considering her incredible track record of Literally Flawless Creations.

it's hard to even mock-post like a gaga-stan. i'm a fan and all but sheesh. the hyperbole is ridiculous.

For real though, the scales just...ugh. I suppose they'll look fine in motion and I won't even notice it, so it doesn't matter too much. The helmet though, just...ugh. :( I just don't like it. Thank god we'll be able to change it.

Seems the kind of thing that you just stop noticing when you're playing, there's much worse to complain about. Glad I don't mind it as much as everyone else.
The issue is, it's a pointless addition.

Why remove the classic "x killed y" just to add a bland all caps HEADSHOT right in front of you, there's no point.

It reminds me of COD/BF's retarded and over-saturated hubs. Hopefully it's removed or toggable.

Cover Photo get!

Don't really know how I feel about the Limited Edition. 3 Map packs usually priced at 800 points each, equates to about $30. So $89.99 for the game plus 3 future map packs, then $10 more for early access unlocks, exclusive character and AR skin, an emblem, digital download of Halo: FUD (if this is just streaming through Waypoint again I'm going to shoot myself) and some other random XBL avatar stuff. And there's that Infinity packet, which I'm not really wetting my pants over.

Eeeeehhhh.

And the fancy packaging doesn't even have the key art!

Double eeeeehhhh.

I'll have to see the exclusive skins, see how badly my OCD will affect me if I don't have them. Also, I'd gladly pay $79.99 for all this. The $100 price tag is the turn off here, I'm not really feeling like this warrants it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
One thing I want to return is the headshot type "sounds" from Reach. Another thing I would like that I've only see one game do is the "Kill-mic" that MW3 has. When you kill someone you get a few seconds no matter where you are on the map to hear their mic and their ensuing rage.

It's glorious.

Gazzawa

Another thing I would like that I've only see one game do is the "Kill-mic" that MW3 has. When you kill someone you get a few seconds no matter where you are on the map to hear their mic and their ensuing rage.

It's glorious.
this.
its like a party in my pants and everyones invited except that kid cuz hes dead

daedalius

One thing I want to return is the headshot type "sounds" from Reach. Another thing I would like that I've only see one game do is the "Kill-mic" that MW3 has. When you kill someone you get a few seconds no matter where you are on the map to hear their mic and their ensuing rage.

It's glorious.

No thanks.

Also, pretty sure Wu said he didn't even notice the HEADSHOT text; maybe it was removed in the version he played.

Hope for removal, prefer a toggle.

Headshot sounds like the gasp as the headshot lands you mean? I imagine that isn't going anywhere.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
No thanks.

Also, pretty sure Wu said he didn't even notice the HEADSHOT text; maybe it was removed in the version he played.

Hope for removal, prefer a toggle.

Headshot sounds like the gasp as the headshot lands you mean? I imagine that isn't going anywhere.

Why no thanks? Because it's from MW3? Any other reason? It would be no different than proximity chat, except the guy is dead.

And yeah, the headshot "gasps" those are so much better than other game's sound for headshots mostly being a "blip" or "ding."

The gameplay looked great, but as many stated before, the BR sounds kinda stupid and I hate the headshot text line thingy. Still hoping for the option to revert it back to the classic style.

daedalius

Why no thanks? Because it's from MW3? Any other reason? It would be no different than proximity chat, except the guy is dead.

Because I don't want to listen to the person I just killed rage?

I mean I guess its fine, but if it is in, I'd like a toggle so I don't have to hear it.

Also, lol.

I love how spartans don't flail and flop around upon dying. Now they stagger a bit and succumb to their sad end with some dignity instead.

Hopefully they won't bounce either, since usually things that weigh almost 1000lbs generally don't bounce when they are made of metal.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Because I don't want to listen to the person I just killed rage?

I mean I guess its fine, but if it is in, I'd like a toggle so I don't have to hear it.

Technically it's already in the game. You just have to stand on/near the guy before he respawns, only in Halo, you can talk shit TO him.

Oh Kotaku...

"There's also a mode called War Games that will be more like the competitive multiplayer you've seen in other Halo games...
It sounds like you'll have to dish out extra for maps in War Games mode, though."

Computron

So, I'm stoked they chose to add the maps in and keep the best version at $99. I know what version i'm gettting.

Now the question is what are the GameStop/Walmart/BestBuy preorder exclusives?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
So, I'm stoked they chose to add the maps in and keep the best version at $99. I know what version i'm gettting.

Yep, the inclusion of the maps makes the purchase a no brainer. Assuming 3 maps per pack that's 3 DLC contents worth in the cost of the CE/LE plus the other crap.

I'm wondering how content for Spartan Ops is going to work though.

Gui_PT

Please don't bring Our Lady into this. The Lady is free to wear what she wishes, considering her incredible track record of Literally Flawless Creations.

it's hard to even mock-post like a gaga-stan. i'm a fan and all but sheesh. the hyperbole is ridiculous.

For real though, the scales just...ugh. I suppose they'll look fine in motion and I won't even notice it, so it doesn't matter too much. The helmet though, just...ugh. :( I just don't like it. Thank god we'll be able to change it.

She's ugly and a loser. THERE I SAID IT!

It's glorious.

It'll be glorious and especially hilarious if you're the one getting donged on, won't it?
I can tell it'll be loads of fun

How often do you do this?
It's kind of a weekend hobby. ;-)

• Gamestop - Assault Rifle replica, covered in Gamestop logos
  • Walmart - supersize bag of Funyuns
  • Best Buy - Battle Rifle replica (2/3rd scale)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
She's ugly and a loser. THERE I SAID IT!

It'll be glorious and especially hilarious if you're the one getting donged on, won't it?
I can tell it'll be loads of fun

I'm aware of it so I either mute my mic or stop talking when I'm dead. ;)

It really is an awesome feature that should be experienced, but anyone who has stood over an enemy in Halo and talked shit through proximity chat already pretty much knows the feeling.

Gui_PT

I'm aware of it so I either mute my mic or stop talking when I'm dead. ;)

It really is an awesome feature that should be experienced, but anyone who has stood over an enemy in Halo and talked shit through proximity chat already pretty much knows the feeling.

So it's an awesome feature when you're kicking ass. But if you're getting your ass kicked, it's not as great, eh?

I'm pretty sure Halo 2 had this as well as proximity chat.
But I love both methods of talking trash.

However, doesn't really matter now that Party Chat rules matchmaking conversations.

IDK if I can wait until November to play Halo 4, I might die.

Headshot. Underneath bigger letters saying KILLING SPREE.

Then you get bonus points for the KS which leads to a level up , fireworks go off, and the monks start chantiing "You're so fucking good at Halo"

And you wonder why the BR is silenced?

I want a big long bar underneath the HUD telling me when my rank up is coming too.

Thanks in advance.

Fuck I'm going to destroy kids in this game. Fuck Fedex I quit. Going pro.

Top Bottom