• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Headshot. Underneath bigger letters saying KILLING SPREE.

Then you get bonus points for the KS which leads to a level up , fireworks go off, and the monks start chantiing "You're so fucking good at Halo"

And you wonder why the BR is silenced?

I want a big long bar underneath the HUD telling me when my rank up is coming too.

Thanks in advance.

Fuck I'm going to destroy kids in this game. Fuck Fedex I quit. Going pro.
You can actually make the cadence work in time with the chant, lol

Portugeezer

AB7wj.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I was busy all day but I hear good things happened. I need all links, videos, images and info that came out today in 1 post. THANKS I LOVE YOU GUYS

If its VR simulation why cant the bodies just like smoke or phase out after death. Shit'd be awesome. Like OK yes they can still have a death animation and stay for a second but then instead of dissapearing (which is stupid and breaks logic) they just phase out.

Homeboyd

If its VR simulation why cant the bodies just like smoke or phase out after death. Shit'd be awesome. Like OK yes they can still have a death animation and stay for a second but then instead of dissapearing (which is stupid and breaks logic) they just phase out.
Because teabag/taco-squat

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

The environments are "VR" but the participants are "real" - anyway, it's not an issue.

daedalius

The environments are "VR" but the participants are "real" - anyway, it's not an issue.

A curious response.

So the participants (spartans) are shooting real guns at each other in a VR environment? They are 'actually' killing each other?

You'd think Margaret would be upset by such a waste of resources.

FyreWulff

Holy shit, Minecraft

Top Xbox 360 LIVE Titles (based on unique users)
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
3. Minecraft
4. FIFA 12
5. Battlefield 3
6. Halo: Reach
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
8. NBA 2K12
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
10. Gears of War 3
11. Grand Theft Auto IV
12. Trials Evolution
13. Forza Motorsport 4
14. Mass Effect 3
15. NHL12
16. Madden NFL 12
17. Halo 3
18. Red Dead Redemption
19. Saints Row: The Third
20. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

I guess they're listing arcade titles based on UUs now that those two have sold super well?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Damn Gears dropped again!

I understand.

It's also a deal with it moment.

I disagree, that's hardly a "deal with it" issue if in fact the bodies will block shots.

A curious response.

So the participants (spartans) are shooting real guns at each other in a VR environment? They are 'actually' killing each other?

You'd think Margaret would be upset by such a waste of resources.

They are playin' dead dawg!

I don't get it.

They environment they are fighting on is created how?

So the people are actually fighting in a real room, but on different environments?

What ground and walls are they fighting on and around if its all VR yet they are real?

Tashi

FUCK ME!! Holy shit man. Yo wtf this game looks like no other Halo game. Wow. Can't wait to play. I can't wait to play on that Forerunner map, I feel like I'm going to discover so many jumps on it. 8=====================D

Also, 100% getting the limited edition. I think they really knocked it out of the park. The packaging looks awesome but the 3 map packs included in the limited edition is GENIUS. Especially for us hardcore who are going to get all the map packs anyway. So good. Can't wait, gonna pre-order next week son!

PARTAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also cyren, it's HaloGAF not Halogaf. My OCD kicks in so hard whenever I go to THC. lol

Sucks if the BR five shot thing is true. I wonder who is playing the game in those demonstrations because missing those shots seems almost forced. XD

Tashi

holy shit that Tashi post

It's like the anti-KyleJ

The hype is building bro. New Halo this year. It's a huge deal.

edit; LOL Juices. I'll slurp that 30fps and no dedi D all day. Also, I don't pull host every other game, I wish lol.

That Limited edition D is sooooooo gooooooooooooooood. lol
<3

edit; LOL Juices. I'll slurp that 30fps and no dedi D all day. Also, I don't pull host every other game, I wish lol.

That Limited edition D is sooooooo gooooooooooooooood. lol
<3

Thats weird, in 4v4 mode I pull host every game or every other game. I think I had host every MLG game we played.

and YES, I'll be sitting on the limited edition D all night. Steel case will sit perfectly next to my H2 steel case

Those death Animations are awesome

Lighting here is incredible.

Scrimshaw Wraparound The map formally known as Wraparound is seriously gorgeous

Something i picked up on in that last video, seems like frank loves to talk about halo, must be nice to have a job that you can be that interested in.
I get the feeling when he speaks he is just on the edge of blurting something awesome out but he knows he cant.

Tashi

Thats weird, in 4v4 mode I pull host every game or every other game. I think I had host every MLG game we played.

and YES, I'll be sitting on the limited edition D all night. Steel case will sit perfectly next to my H2 steel case

Lucky. When I first got FiOs I was pulling host all the fucking time. Past 8 months though I pull it like once every 40-50 games. Weird. I either want it all the time or never. I hate re-adjusting to it.

lol @ second paragraph.

edit: Yo someone measure shield recharge rate from the video!!!

Lucky. When I first got FiOs I was pulling host all the fucking time. Past 8 months though I pull it like once every 40-50 games. Weird. I either want it all the time or never. I hate re-adjusting to it.

lol @ second paragraph.

edit: Yo someone measure shield recharge rate from the video!!!

1.3 seconds from start to finish on half shield 2.6 for full shield

Starts to change 4 second after its been depleted.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Something i picked up on in that last video, seems like frank loves to talk about halo, must be nice to have a job that you can be that interested in.
I get the feeling when he speaks he is just on the edge of blurting something awesome out but he knows he cant.

You have no idea. Actually one of the hardest things is being diplomatic about how fun it is. Right now, the game is so smooth and playable and enjoyable that it's hard to not just say, ZOMG IT'S SO AWESOME or something worse and more arrogant sounding, but I genuinely love playing the thing. Like. I LOVE it. And you can't really say that in interviews because it sounds hokey.

Also, somebody asked if the LE case is a Steelbook - yes. It is a Steelbook.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You have no idea. Actually one of the hardest things is being diplomatic about how fun it is. Right now, the game is so smooth and playable and enjoyable that it's hard to not just say, ZOMG IT'S SO AWESOME or something worse and more arrogant sounding, but I genuinely love playing the thing. Like. I LOVE it. And you can't really say that in interviews because it sounds hokey.

Also, somebody asked if the LE case is a Steelbook - yes. It is a Steelbook.

351.gif

Steelbook? Sold.

Also, the way bodies hit the floor is awesome, animations feel so real and smooth.

My only concern is weapons popping out of nowhere (like in 3), I don't recall this happening in Reach (atleast for primary weapons).

Tunavi

Banned
you sound arrogant.

Frankie, this is important for us international people: Will Halo 4 be multilingual? (as in, international versions having the original English voicetrack on disc)

The only reason why I own both Halo 2 and 3 twice is because I couldn't stand the German voice-acting and thus had to import the English versions from the UK. From ODST onward I simply did that right away. Curiously, Halo is basically the only series that has this issue. Most other games have numerous language tracks on disc.

However, if I remember correctly, Anniversary was in fact multilingual... So, can we expect the same sort of treatment with Halo 4? Would save me the hassle (and longer wait) to get the UK version to Germany...

Would be much appreciated, at any rate!

Frankie, this is important for us international people: Will Halo 4 be multilingual? (as in, international versions having the original English voicetrack on disc)

The only reason why I own both Halo 2 and 3 twice is because I couldn't stand the German voice-acting and thus had to import the English versions from the UK. From ODST onward I simply did that right away. Curiously, Halo is basically the only series that has this issue. Most other games have numerous language tracks on disc.

However, if I remember correctly, Anniversary was in fact multilingual... So, can we expect the same sort of treatment with Halo 4? Would save me the hassle (and longer wait) to get the UK version to Germany...

Would be much appreciated, at any rate!

It would be nice but audio takes up alot of space and adding multiple voice acting would limit the room for other stuff and it seems like halo 4 will push every boundary the 360 has so i wouldnt get your hopes up

CyReN

FUCK ME!! Holy shit man. Yo wtf this game looks like no other Halo game. Wow. Can't wait to play. I can't wait to play on that Forerunner map, I feel like I'm going to discover so many jumps on it. 8=====================D

Also, 100% getting the limited edition. I think they really knocked it out of the park. The packaging looks awesome but the 3 map packs included in the limited edition is GENIUS. Especially for us hardcore who are going to get all the map packs anyway. So good. Can't wait, gonna pre-order next week son!

PARTAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also cyren, it's HaloGAF not Halogaf. My OCD kicks in so hard whenever I go to THC. lol

Fixed it, if Plywood and Shinns got twitters I'd love to give you guys a shoutout or something. More followers = bigger dick.

Holiday

Banned
The strafe seems nice, but the BF3 text is beneath contempt. 5SK, spread-having BR looks like trash. Grey map looks like an escape fest.

A video from a player with a modicum of skill would be appreciated.

Top Bottom