• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

I'm trying to get the achievement in Anniversary where you have to complete the Library on Heroic without dying. Sounds easy but I always die because grenades on the ground explode as a result of a nearby explosion. Feels so cheap, especially with Halo 1's incredibly powerful grenades.

I did that on legendary, The library was the biggest set back for me when trying my 1000G legendary run.

I did that on legendary, The library was the biggest set back for me when trying my 1000G legendary run.

Did that achievement with Elzar. He died somewhere earlier on the level but we still went on so I could get it. Near one of the last doors, Elzar ''accidentally'' kills me with a grenade :lol

Playing more Halo 3 lately.

A few comparisons to reach.

Dosnt feel like im shooting a gun at all, both sound and feedback is very lacking.
Sniping in Halo 3 sucks.
AR is godly that AR+Beat down :O M G
BR while fun is terrible at range
DMR feels much more reliable as a weapon
Grenades feel much less rewarding
SMG <3
Maps are SO good.

If Halo 4 can nail the things Halo 3 did good and bring along the feedback from reach im a very happy person.

Fuchsdh

I'm trying to get the achievement in Anniversary where you have to complete the Library on Heroic without dying. Sounds easy but I always die because grenades on the ground explode as a result of a nearby explosion. Feels so cheap, especially with Halo 1's incredibly powerful grenades.

I was playing The Library earlier this morning I was getting particularly annoyed by your inability to melee the Flood combat forms and fighting against those wielding rockets.

Plus you can't just rush the ending when you're on the fourth floor. You have to be slow and methodical when you just want the level to end.

You can cheat the achievement by save and quitting each checkpoint and then dashboarding if you die.

When I did it using that method, I actually beat it with no deaths. I think it was just helpful to stop, calm down and force me to start fresh that made the difference. It was also way easier without bandanna because I wasn't tempted to grenade chuck which leads to some really bad explosions.

If Gametrailers is hyping it up it's probably nothing noteworthy.

Gametrailers and IGN go from being WorstWebsiteEver. to OMG PLUG ME IN AND FEED IT INTO MY VEINS during E3, its pretty amazing how the manage to be laughable all year and then e3 rolls around and they take on God tier status.

Ryaaan14

Banned

Dosnt feel like im shooting a gun at all, both sound and feedback is very lacking.
Sniping in Halo 3 sucks.
AR isgodly that AR+Beat down :O M G
SMG <3
Maps are SO good.

If Halo 4 can nail the things Halo 3 did good and bring along the feedback from reach im a very happy person.

MCRkN.gif

Sniper feedback is much better in reach and it feels like i play a tonne better with it in reach, Halo 3 id rather Not use it.
Assault Rifle+beat down is godly in a crazy overpowered way but when you combine it with jumping it feels like good halo for some reason.
SMG is always awesome.

The H3 BR is very mixed the clear consistence of the DMR feels much better to me for some reason, BR is good still.

Sniper feedback is much better in reach and it feels like i play a tonne better with it in reach, Halo 3 id rather Not use it.
Assault Rifle+beat down is godly in a crazy overpowered way but when you combine it with jumping it feels like good halo for some reason.
SMG is always awesome.

The H3 BR is very mixed the clear consistence of the DMR feels much better to me for some reason, BR is good still.

Halo 2 BR> all

CyReN

Since I've hooked up Hyper, Tashi, and Kittens, might as well do anybody else that is interested. If anybody wants a THC shirt, tomorrow the last day. PM me and I'll give you awesomestuff.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I find it funny that the only two propipe clips in the montage were mine and Tashi's both end in overkills, but mine gets assfucked by black screen. Oh Reach, even in a montage your black screen sucks!

Ryaaan14

Banned
SMG is always awesome.

This is not the first time I've heard this, and it really baffles me. The H3 Sniper felt like a surgeon's weapon to me, and in Reach it feels like my bullet can miss someone completely yet land a headshot, or blast them in the face and not register at all. Could be something with connections since I always had a great connection in H3, idk.

This is not the first time I've heard this, and it really baffles me. The H3 Sniper felt like a surgeon's weapon to me, and in Reach it feels like my bullet can miss someone completely yet land a headshot, or blast them in the face and not register at all. Could be something with connections since I always had a great connection in H3, idk.

I always have a solid connection i dont think its that. H3 just dosnt have the feedback reach does and its incredibly inherent when sniping.

In reach you know you got the kill you feel powerful after it A loud crack the other guy flips over its a visual treat so to say.

Halo 3 im sniping people and even if it hits it might aswell of been a paper plane i fired at them nothing has any feedback its like shooting a water gun compared to a 50cal.

It might be the change from hitscan in reach to travel time in H:3

Sniping in Halo 3 sucks.
AR is godly that AR+Beat down :O M G
SMG <3
Maps are SO good.

Surely you don't mean in Halo 3? They were weaker in 3 but required far more finesse and allowed more versatility in their placement. Reach grenades are too big, bounce inconsistently or not at all; I feel very little reward with Reach nades. Scrubs mindlessly shit them out of their pockets during death and the movement speed being what it is, often it's impossible to escape them.

That's because it's so, so much easier to use in Reach. Off host sniping in Reach is often like shooting on rail targets compared to the free flowing expression on the Halo 3 blainer. I still enjoy it in Reach, it's just different play styles.

This. Kampy's latest Halo 3 tage demonstrates this succinctly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9TKy2EDMog&feature=plcp

Some of those snipes aren't really feasible in Reach.

Yeah I could make a montage just out of the snipe clips I got yesterday on halo 3. When I get home tomorrow I might. Reach sniping is hardly ever impressive, it's so easy to pull off a no scope even on vehicles. Takes no skill and feels so cheap. It just leads to campers on hemmorage who suck but can still hide and get easy headshots.

Incidentally I already made a video out of the halo games I played yesterday, was mostly just for a quick cheap laugh, it sucks but is a bad documentary of an idiot I met in matchmaking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt8_w2qBRaA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I Dunno stalker the first guy I snipe on rats nest goes down in a really satisfying way, much better than the prescriptrd animations of reach

Striker

Scrubs mindlessly shit them out of their pockets during death and the movement speed being what it is, often it's impossible to escape them.
I felt the same way 3. Hey look Jimmy, there's 20 fuckin' grenades on the ground. Let's mindlessly throw them in that room and pray we get a kill. Which is exactly what happens. If grenades weren't scattered everywhere off dead bodies and disappeared after a while like they did in every other Halo game, they would've a better strategic option.

Top Bottom