• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

kylej

Banned
XtnGR.png

green circles = not happening. Looking like an easy Bingo sweep across the bottom row.

nbraun80

I should get like a 10k completion bonus when I finish a BTB match that's 8 vs. 1. I'm seriously looking forward to having drop-in in H4.

You gotta pre screen the videos before making it public!
I promised the montage at 5:00. It didn't finish rendering until 6:00 so I did a quick spot check and uploaded it to YouTube (which took another 30 minutes).

Prescreening it would have delayed release another 14 minutes, and if I wanted to re-render it after that it would have delayed it another two hours.

I know you were joking, I'm just trying to justify it for my own sanity. ;)

You left out my headshot through the trees? D:

lol

If I recall, that headshot was kind of hard to view in a quick cut. Maybe if I had kept the entire clip in it would have worked, but it was a minute long and a little slow at parts. Chopped it up and left the tree shot out for clarity and flow.

Same thing with Gabotron's double-assassination on Boneyard invasion. It was actually a triple-assassination, but the first one had a giant INVASION text box on the screen (it was right after a host change) so I left it out.

If I recall, that headshot was kind of hard to view in a quick cut. Maybe if I had kept the entire clip in it would have worked, but it was a minute long and a little slow at parts. Chopped it up and left the tree shot out for clarity and flow.

Haha, that's cool man. It was literally the only decent clip I had and was fully aware how awkwardly long it'd drag on out for.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Fixed version of the montage.

- Fixed black screen issues from previous render.
- Smoothed out some transitions.

Thanks buddy!

No problem. :)

You know what caused the issue? At some point after I opened the project file and but before I hit the render button I switched to a different window. That was it.

It wasn't even something I did while it was rendering (since I don't touch anything at all during that). The solution was to open the project file and hit render without minimizing or Alt-tabbing. Sony Vegas fail.

Wow, that's really weird.
I don't think I have the patience to mess with video editing stuff.

Thanks again!

J10

Banned
I just hope that any and all attempts to create a "classic" Halo playlist(s) dies with Reach. The situation we're in now, with the playlist fracturing, just can't happen again. Whatever Halo 4 is, let that define the core game. I realize the situation Reach is in is partly because, well, it's Reach and they tried to slice it to please more of the player base, but I don't want to see a similar reaction with Halo 4. No "classic". Just Halo 4.

Also quoting in agreement.

Thanks buddy!

No problem. :)

You know what caused the issue? At some point after I opened the project file and but before I hit the render button I switched to a different window. That was it.

It wasn't even something I did while it was rendering (since I don't touch anything at all during that). The solution was to open the project file and hit render without minimizing or Alt-tabbing. Sony Vegas fail.

Kuroyume

Banned
They probably won't show multiplayer. They'll show campaign and Spartan Ops. Multiplayer will pop up at PAX... Maybe Comic con.. They'll then have a multiplayer blowout a week or two before the game is released.

daedalius

So Striker claims the moon jumps in Halo 3 are massive compared to Halo 2, and you are in the air much longer in 3.

Well, after some stopwatch shenanigans and jumps from a rest...

Halo 2 time in air average : 1.3-1.5

Halo 3 time in air average : 1.3-1.4

They are basically the same, which I had said. Feel free to try it yourself.

m23

I think campaign will be shown during the press conference and multiplayer/spartan ops will be shown at a different time, either before or during e3. Frankie's number of sleeps countdown thing ends a couple days before e3 so that may be when we see the multiplayer.

CyReN

I think campaign will be shown during the press conference and multiplayer/spartan ops will be shown at a different time, either before or during e3. Frankie's number of sleeps countdown thing ends a couple days before e3 so that may be when we see the multiplayer.

My guess is a vidoc before, campaign on live show and have mp playable later on for people there all week.

qGWYA.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Someone should make a HaloGAF avatar banner. Kinda like that 3DS Ambassador banner that some kids have.

My guess is a vidoc before, campaign on live show and have mp playable later on for people there all week.

qGWYA.png

I suspect they will Demo the SP and end with a sizzle reel/trailer that shows off some 'money shots'. From there I would guess they will put out a PR with officially released info and new pics, and hopefully a BTS video, possibly MP oriented. From there we know MP will be playable at e3 so we should get a stage demo and good interviews, etc.

Basically, they have to go nuts cause release isn't that far away and they need the press.

is there like some secret path through Gigatrack? All you guys seem to fly off in a different direction at the beginning of that. Also, fuck that course

I'm calling it right now: SP demo on-stage, Spartan Ops/multiplayer trailer, playable multiplayer on show floor.

High expectations yes, but that's the way I roll. Keeps my imagination sharp.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I need at least one barebones classic playlist. Please, just one.

I'm calling it right now: SP demo on-stage, Spartan Ops/multiplayer trailer, playable multiplayer on show floor.

Yeah I'm hoping for playable multiplayer so the avalance of footage can roll in. Obviously I'd prefer to play it at the show floor (who wouldn't?) but we get what we get. :p

I was hoping they'd actually try to release more maps, period. Seems MS is just happy with the 3 packs and done level of content. No Firefight also means no FF maps to round out packs.

Heck, I'm making that sound better by going by packs. By map count, this is even less output than Reach. At least they told us before the game came out, I guess.

Hopefully if they're all outsourced to CA, they're all new maps, and majority of DLC isn't freaking remakes again.

MS didn't learn anything.
Pretty much agree. Let's just stop with the map remakes already. It's getting beyond old. Bottom line: Old maps don't play well with completely new game physics/mechanics.
Yeah I could make a montage just out of the snipe clips I got yesterday on halo 3. When I get home tomorrow I might. Reach sniping is hardly ever impressive, it's so easy to pull off a no scope even on vehicles. Takes no skill and feels so cheap. It just leads to campers on hemmorage who suck but can still hide and get easy headshots.
I'd prefer the sniper rifle to be as hard as it used to be in Halo1. It has become the easiest to use tool of destruction in the game and for some reason the only things that ever get nerfed are non-power precision weapons.
Hey HaloGAF, I got a purple 3DS today, and I want to get some people on my friends list! I probably won't be playing many multiplayer games on here, but I want to see how the friends list works. My friend code (lol -- so archaic) is 3265-6102-4255. PM me with yours, I guess?
I keep hoping for a price drop. I have a couple of friends who are waiting on me to pick one up so we can do some mario kart.
Should be 4-5 melee attacks to kill in H4. One from behind the back. Melee should not be the first option for people up close in an FPS.
As long as we have bleed through I'm okay with this,
and bring back 4 shot kills :p
Aye, Invasion can die in a fire for all I care. BTB doesn't need ancillary objectives or slowly expanding maps. Just give lots of players an objective and a sandbox and they're almost bound to have fun. I had more fun playing one bomb on Valhalla than I did playing Invasion, ever.
Yep.
I just hope that any and all attempts to create a "classic" Halo playlist(s) dies with Reach. The situation we're in now, with the playlist fracturing, just can't happen again. Whatever Halo 4 is, let that define the core game. I realize the situation Reach is in is partly because, well, it's Reach and they tried to slice it to please more of the player base, but I don't want to see a similar reaction with Halo 4. No "classic". Just Halo 4.
They don't have to create a classic halo playlist so much as they need to create a core experience in line with previous halo games. Ditch the reach crap, stick to a traditional feel, and then there is no need to try and add a classic playlist. All of this trying to "evolve" halo nonsense is the reason things have gotten so out of hand.

Nah I'm thinking these are realistic impressions. People want to see the Singleplayer. They read about, they saw some screens, they want to see it. Give it to them on the stage and then show it Behind closed doors to the press in details. I'm not discerning between a Singleplayer in-game trailer or a stage demonstration.

On the other hand I think they could show off Spartan Ops at the media briefing. Especially since 343i hyped it as a 'second campaign'. They show it, you think it's singleplayer but then it gets revealed it was not a singleplayer mission. No it was a Spartan Ops mission.

But that's more unlikely. So my bets are:
Singleplayer at Media Briefing, show floor - multiplayer/ spartan ops. And definitely one new MP map unveil.

Edit.: I'm wearing letter's awesome HaloGAF shirt today. I definitely need to get the US version this year.

TheOddOne

But that's more unlikely. So my bets are:
Singleplayer at Media Briefing, show floor - multiplayer/ spartan ops. And definitely one new MP map unveil.
Yep, more in line with my expectations too. They did show of a part of the campaign taking place on Requiem to Game Informer – I wonder if we are going to get just that footage. Makes me wonder too if there is a on-stage demo or are getting a snazzy Vidoc to see.

Sordid

I've been getting back into Reach lately, Big Team is mindless fun and has a decent population after the update. I was enjoying some of the maps (well, as much as you can enjoy a sea of gray) then I got Heavies on Cragmire... holy shit it's awful. I already hated Spire but who knew it could get any worse? I played it twice and had to quit the third time, ugh.

Karl2177

I've been getting back into Reach lately, Big Team is mindless fun and has a decent population after the update. I was enjoying some of the maps (well, as much as you can enjoy a sea of gray) then I got Heavies on Cragmire... holy shit it's awful. I already hated Spire but who knew it could get any worse? I played it twice and had to quit the third time, ugh.

Cragmire; brought to you by our neighborhood Fyrewulff

blamite

So, my montage is finally done!

It is obviously nowhere near as good the the HaloGAF 'tage, but it was still really fun to collect clips, and figure out what to do with them, and then edit it all into something I think is pretty neat. Although if I hadn't found that music, I probably would've given up on this altogether. :p

Top Bottom