• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Homeboyd

WHAT THE FUUUCK BUNGIE... O-o
As a few others have mentioned, it all sounds horrible but the fact is Activision is putting up a HUGE investment to get this done and Bungie still went with this agreement... meaning they believe they can deliver. If anything, the airing of these details should be a positive thing for Bungie fans. This game HAS to deliver and I believe it will.

Trey

As a few others have mentioned, it all sounds horrible but the fact is Activision is putting up a HUGE investment to get this done and Bungie still went with this agreement... meaning they believe they can deliver. If anything, the airing of these details should be a positive thing for Bungie fans. This game HAS to deliver and I believe it will.

Lol @ the "two Activision games per employee" stipulation.

GhaleonEB

Never change, HaloGAF.

Oh, wait... you don't.

Hey now. Juices is mellower and more genteel than in eras past. Frank's handle has changed three times. Duncan blesses us with poetry, songs, puns and fanfic. Dax is still Dax. We're a community now.

And I'd argue we've gotten much weirder since moving to Community. Something about becoming even more insular, like those experiments locking people in Alaskan cabins for months at a time. We're acclimated to how ripe we've become, it's only when others wander in that realization sets in.

Hey now. Juices is mellower and more genteel than in eras past. Frank's handle has changed three times. Duncan blesses us with poetry, songs, puns and fanfic. Dax is still Dax. We're a community now.

And I'd argue we've gotten much weirder since moving to Community. Something about becoming even more insular, like those experiments locking people in Alaskan cabins for months at a time. We're acclimated to how ripe we've become, it's only when others wander in that realization sets in.

Explain this sorcery!

"Hey, when have I ever written fanfic?"

he whispered, fingers pounding furiously on the keyboard. The hushed comment and staccato clicking of the keys was loud enough to disturb the sleeping figure on the nearby bed. The soft, uncanny shape stirred beneath the covers, sending elegantly curved shadows dancing on the opposite wall.

"Keep the noise down, there's two of us in here. Remember?" Cortana murmured. "Why don't you just come back to bed?"

"Someone is wrong on the internet," Duncan replied, munching on a chocolate digestive biscuit. He knew at once he'd made a tactical error.

he whispered, fingers pounding furiously on the keyboard. The hushed comment and staccato clicking of the keys was loud enough to disturb the sleeping figure on the nearby bed. The soft, uncanny shape stirred beneath the covers, sending elegantly curved shadows dancing on the opposite wall.

"Keep the noise down, there's two of us in here. Remember?" Cortana murmured. "Why don't you just come back to bed?"

"Someone is wrong on the internet," Duncan replied, munching on a chocolate digestive biscuit. He knew at once he'd made a tactical error.

kurhrqkmhk.gif

TheOddOne

Bless you wonderfull human being.

When will this be available on Kindle?

Separate question: are Kindles water and soap proof?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just came across someone who is a Field Marshall and hasn't even started campaign.

Crazy.

Just brainstorming: what if Halo 4 expanded on the whole "realtime cutscene tech" thing that Bungie started with Reach? I'm picturing Chief as being more of a Samus Aran in Halo 4's cutscenes, where his armor doesn't change minus major/canon suit upgrades, but there's still the Spartan IVs. Similar to how Facebook tracks which friends you talk to most, etc. maybe 343 could look into Live stats and see who you play the most games with, etc. and have your friend's Spartan IVs be background characters in cutscenes? For example if someone's briefing Chief and walking him through the Infinity you could see some of your friends in practice matches in other rooms and stuff. While having them as actual allies
/enemies?
might be pushing it, it'd be cool to watch cutscenes and say "hey, heckfu's killing duncan this time," "Devo just assassinated Tashi before he could kill the fourth guy," etc. As for diversifying them as potential enemies, if once consistent good design isn't enough, they could pull a Lone Wolf and randomize Spartan IV models and just establish "they all have the same shielding/health and there's no significant rank system when you're fighting them," etc.

Without a doubt. The fact that I actually agree with 95% of juices comments now is like finding out that James Bond is actually a Timelord (mindblowing).

LIVE Activity for week of May 14th

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops
FIFA 12
Battlefield 3
Halo: Reach
Modern Warfare 2
NBA 2K12
Skyrim
Gears of War 3
GTA IV
Forza Motorsport 4
Max Payne 3
Trials Evolution
Mass Effect 3
NHL12
Madden NFL 12
Halo 3
Red Dead Redemption
Saints Row: The Third

I said DAYUM!

This clearly reinforces the idea that having subpar graphics but a solid 60fps is what people want.

FIFA 12
Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 2
NBA 2K12
Skyrim
Gears of War 3
GTA IV
Forza Motorsport 4
Max Payne 3
Trials Evolution
Mass Effect 3
NHL12
Madden NFL 12
Halo 3
Red Dead Redemption

I said DAYUM!

This clearly reinforces the idea that having subpar graphics but a solid 60fps is what people want.

Holy fuck!

I guess I have to get this damn game.

Wow, its pretty insane how far they have gone with RvB, very impressive stuff.. I will say, I hope they can nail the comedy aspect a little better than season 9, which got a little too serious IMO. Either way, its gonna be fun.

FIFA 12
Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 2
NBA 2K12
Skyrim
Gears of War 3
GTA IV
Forza Motorsport 4
Max Payne 3
Trials Evolution
Mass Effect 3
NHL12
Madden NFL 12
Halo 3
Red Dead Redemption

I said DAYUM!

Wow, once I have the money I need to pick that game up.

FIFA 12
Battlefield 3
Modern Warfare 2
NBA 2K12
Skyrim
Gears of War 3
GTA IV
Forza Motorsport 4
Max Payne 3
Trials Evolution
Mass Effect 3
NHL12
Madden NFL 12
Halo 3
Red Dead Redemption

I said DAYUM!

Wow, now I really want to know the number of players that play the games on this list.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think one of the bigger surprises is how few people are playing Max Payne 3.

I thought it was a relatively big franchise? I'm really shocked, it didn't even beat GTAIV.

I thought it was a relatively big franchise? I'm really shocked, it didn't even beat GTAIV.

I don't think it's as big as you think, but I'm also surprised it didn't beat GTA IV in it's first week. Although a reason for that could be because it's primarily a single-player game, and maybe people aren't connecting to Live or something, I dunno.

edit: Well never mind, Skyrim is up there so I have no idea anymore

CyReN

It's a single player focused game , a lot of people don't have XBL either when buying these kinds of games. It will sell fine like any R* game.

As I understand it, Max Payne 2 kind of bombed, unfortunately. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's not garnering the kind of mainstream appeal as it should.

I thought about buying Max Payne 3, but I know it'll be $10 this holiday like LA Noire. LA Noire even had a "Complete Edition" come out at the end of the year last year. Not getting burned again after I paid full price for LA Noire.

Top Bottom