• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Computron

Actually, if I were you, I wouldn't. I think seeing 1, and then Prometheus is perfect. Aliens is a great film but doesn't even need to be Aliens. It could be werewolves and it wouldn't make a lick of difference. The other two movies are rough-to-questionable. In terms of lore, 1 and Prometheus have the most direct connective tissue.

So it's like the Matrix trilogy? I've only seen the first and it was so awesome that I want more Matrix but dare not touch the sequels.
I think I will do what you said instead with Prometheus. Thanks.

I guess I was expecting Alien to be pretty rich with lore. So do they ever answer any of the questions I posted in spoilers or is it focused more on action/horror?

As an outsider looking in, Alien has me a little puzzled.
It's got some an awesome style, and you can see its impact everywhere in scifi which I appreciate.
After I watch a movie I always do a little Wiki/IMDB research to see what about it was special or culturally significant and from what I have read so far, It seems like the aliens series has been gradually diluted into typical action movie fare.
I haven't seen any Predator movies yet either, whats the deal with that whole crossover?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
We're working on something pretty interesting for the Halo 4 OST. Potentially a second disc of remixes. Wanted to think about it as a compelling counterpart to the "narrative" flow of the main OST, so we could keep that "pure" but work with some top electronic musicians to do something else ona separate disc, something you could play in the car without driving too dramatically or crying.

If it comes together the way we think it will, it's going to be pretty amazing.

FyreWulff

Anyone still got Anniversary variants for the Anniversary lists? We're still collecting.

Anything for:

Anniversary FFA (including Infection variants)
Anniversary Classic (remakes made out of Anniversary canvases)
Anniversary BTB

We're working on something pretty interesting for the Halo 4 OST. Potentially a second disc of remixes. Wanted to think about it as a compelling counterpart to the "narrative" flow of the main OST, so we could keep that "pure" but work with some top electronic musicians to do something else ona separate disc, something you could play in the car without driving too dramatically or crying.

M83 mix song please.

And let Neil comment what he was thinking when he composed the track the first time.

Overdoziz

Banned
It would be a mistake to think of it as a literal replacement for FF - it has more differences than similarities, but the scope is VERY different. It will scratch that itch for sure, but it's pretty different.
Will it be customizable similar to Reach Firefight?

Halo 4 OST feat. Pitbull

I worry about how "freeform" the Spartan Ops (they're not called that anymore) missions are going to be. What I disliked about spec-ops in MW2 and 3 was that I had very little reason to replay the missions. I hope I'm going to have some different ways of accomplishing my goals in Ops.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I guess I was expecting Alien to be pretty rich with lore. So do they ever answer any of the questions I posted in spoilers or is it focused more on action/horror?

There are some answers in the later films, more answers in the extended fiction but I think the film, as it stands by itself, is much better posing the questions than the later films are at answering them. Some questions are just better off unanswered. :D

I haven't seen any Predator movies yet either, whats the deal with that whole crossover?

A Predator prop appeared on-screen in the second film, which led to fans asking if they shared a universe. Then came comics, games and the eventual crossover films.

I'm not a fan of the crossover.

*Cough* Daft Punk
*Cough**Cough* Susumu Hirasawa

Actually, come to think of it. if you could ever get Susumu Hirasawa to work on Halo music, I'd keel over and die of happiness right then and there.

Computron

The chest burster scene takes place over halfway through the film, after a great deal of plot has developed; the characters are actually knocked off pretty rapidly after. It's a methodicaly paced film, but if you stop and think about what actually happens, the backstory of the alien ship and the situation with the crew (Ash's orders), there's a lot going on. Some left to the imagination, some merely implied. Not to mention creepy sexual and rapey overtones to the entire film adding an usettling level to everthing, on top of Giger's designs and Scott's stunning photography and direction.

The movie had great pacing, and the weird sexual themes were effectively disturbing. I guess they have to imply a lot and leave a lot to the imagination for it to be such an effective horror movie.

I was watching On the Verge last night as well and they had a huge interview with Damon Lindelof, who co-wrote Prometheus and Lost (Which I watch all the way through and thought was great) and he makes it seem like Prometheus is going to be paced and shot very similarly, but that they will flesh out more of the background story. That has me pretty excited to see it.

CyReN

Let's stir the beehive a little..

Sxwg9.png

Brother of former Halo 3/Reach pro Totz.

Anyone still got Anniversary variants for the Anniversary lists? We're still collecting.

Anything for:

Anniversary FFA (including Infection variants)
Anniversary Classic (remakes made out of Anniversary canvases)
Anniversary BTB

I made a really great Heavies gametype for BTB on Prisoner. PM'ing you now.

I'm liking the sound of that.

Am I going to be able to put the remixed songs over my sick train montage?

it'll be
off da railz.

MrBig

343 working with skrillex confirmed

Computron

There are some answers in the later films, more answers in the extended fiction but I think the film, as it stands by itself, is much better posing the questions than the later films are at answering them. Some questions are just better off unanswered. :D

Stole the words straight out of Damon lindeloff's mouth. :)

The Prometheus trailers look like they develop (Ripley's?) story a lot more and start on another planet with the corporation. I guess that threw me off when I was watching the original Alien movie by setting my expectations for character development higher. I'm stoked to see it.

Computron

Future Skrillex Trailer music included??

EDIT: Damnit, Mr. Big beat me to it.

Woorloog

Banned
Good games.
Tomorrow is the last day i know i can play Reach (or any other MP game for that metter)... afterwards it's going to be sporadic. *Sigh*

It would be a mistake to think of it as a literal replacement for FF - it has more differences than similarities, but the scope is VERY different. It will scratch that itch for sure, but it's pretty different.

So your basically saying it will satisfy your need for Player Vs AI encounters outside of the main campaign and its always going to be fresh content? (at least for a period) Its not the typical load a map and fight waves stuff but its not going to be full on large scale multiple hour story with objectives its kind of a middle ground?

Sounds good to me!

Spawnling

Needs more cowbell.

Karl2177

Sai kun and I just peed.

Blueblur1

Oh, that is relevant to my interests. Hope it pans out. :)

GhaleonEB

Oh, I'm not expecting that at all. My expectations are set to: co-op mode to shoot bad guys in. Other than that, I'm just waiting for details.

My hopes are for a co-op mode to shoot bad guys in that I can customize in some way; descriptions of Spartan Ops so far are focused on the narrative, which implies more hand crafting to the missions. Which is fine, if they are awesome and can be varied in some way to provide longevity.

Computron

What if Spartan Ops is less like Firefight and more like a Left 4 Dead level? That would be pretty cool.

I would be interested in how they would achieve that on a technical level because at that point its practically Campaign Co-Op, right? That's a lot of level production especially if it's episodic. Did 343 mention anything about Campaign/multiplayer level reuse in Halo 4?

I don't understand, is there a way to operate a car without driving too dramatically?

Stole the words straight out of Damon lindeloff's mouth. :)

lol

Top Bottom