• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

GhaleonEB

It's going to be 3x. If it was just 2x with recoil and no bloom, why would anyone pick the BR?

My understanding is, the BR is more effective at close and medium range than the DMR, which can get unwieldy close up. By virtue of firing a single round, the DMR will have an advantage over the BR which has both slight bullet spread and recoil, which will make each round not land in the same place. While DMR users fire a single round that lands on target. Even with a 2x scope, that would extend the range over the BR by a good measure.
3x Zoom DMR in BTB again?

Why?

They had better be adjusting the shit out of the rest of the sandbox to compensate.

If you pull the trigger before the reticule closes, it shoots you in the face.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
How do you adjust the sandbox to balance a mini sniper rifle that you can spawn with?

See, you can't.

If it's going to be like Reach Hemorrhage's shooting gallery in a bowl again... then I don't want it.

If you pull the trigger before the reticule closes, it shoots you in the face.

I'm going to pretend I didn't hear this crap about the DMR and BTB. I'll wait until they show it and just hope we getting things wrong.

TCKaos

DMR is confirmed to have 3x scope, guys. And Frankie mentioned DMR default loadout for a BTB map for example.

We're already screwed

Yeah, but doesn't it have a much slower ROF? And bloom, at that? That's what puts it in the mid-long versus the short-mid role. The BR has that spread that makes it ineffective at extreme ranges but the DMR can't pump out enough rounds to compete with the BR or AR at mid-range.

Or that was my assumption.

Fracas

#fuckonami
My understanding is, the BR is more effective at close and medium range than the DMR, which can get unwieldy close up. By virtue of firing a single round, the DMR will have an advantage over the BR which has both slight bullet spread and recoil, which will make each round not land in the same place. While DMR users fire a single round that lands on target. Even with a 2x scope, that would extend the range over the BR by a good measure.

I'm guessing that, if all bullets land, the BR has the faster killtime? That'd be another good way to separate the two.

See, you can't.

If it's going to be like Reach Hemorrhage's shooting gallery in a bowl again... then I don't want it.
iknowthatfeelbro.jpeg
I hate Hemorrhage so much. Every match is just each side pinging each other across the map, and venturing into the middle makes you sniper/vehicle bait.

edit: I'm also very curious as to what the DMR's firing rate is.

Slow fire rate and bloom? I assume that's what they did to balance it up close against the BR.

Yeah, but doesn't it have a much slower ROF? And bloom, at that? That's what puts it in the mid-long versus the short-mid role. The BR has that spread that makes it ineffective at extreme ranges but the DMR can't pump out enough rounds to compete with the BR or AR at mid-range.

Or that was my assumption.

The slow fire rate and bloom won't do much to stop the long-distance borefest that occurs in most BTB games now. The 3x scope is the problem.

I'm laughing so hard I'm basically being driven to tears over here! XD

His random music fade outs when he zooms in on random shit with his potato camera are too fucking much! hahahaha XD

Fracas

#fuckonami
Those instant respawns are ridiculous.
Also, fall damage looks to be in, but I'm not sure. Pistol also has a scope.
Only halfway through so far. This is Warhouse, I think. A lot bigger than I thought.

edit: Personal ordinance drop is going to break this game. He pointed to the ground where he wanted it to come in, and it did it in less than 3 seconds.

Holy shit I lost it when he blended in the epic music over the rap. hahahaha

Edit: That killstreak
oh shit I mean "Personal Ordinance Drop"
was fucking stupid fast. Rocket Launcher's rocket moves soooo slooowwww. Looks like they are nerfing it to make the rail gun more relevant.

Havok

Some of the first footage includes sword sprinting, which looks to be as effective as ever. My face was like :|

It's a shame that this is some of the first long form video we get of the game. I have so many questions about things in that video.

Assassinations looks to be much faster now. I like this.

Hold the phone. This guy is playing Halo 4 outside. In grass. What.

This Post [HD][720]. Actually written on a post it note.

Just finished watching the video with fracas. Wow, it looks like it plays really fast. Those personal ordinances look terrible if they end up dropping that fast.

Also, should I make a thread for this?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Those insta-spawns are going to make Slayer matches a lot different from how we know them. Also, that was probably the fastest paced match I've seen in any game in quite some time. Sprint's recharge time seems to be a lot less than Reach's as well. As for personal ordinance, that just stepped up to be my biggest concern. I mean, he picked rockets and pointed at a spot, and they appeared in just a few seconds.

edit: lol at your thread backfire, franklinator

LpQkZ.png

.shin

Banned
Those insta-spawns are going to make Slayer matches a lot different from how we know them. Also, that was probably the fastest paced match I've seen in any game in quite some time. Sprint's recharge time seems to be a lot less than Reach's as well. As for personal ordinance, that just stepped up to be my biggest concern. I mean, he picked rockets and pointed at a spot, and they appeared in just a few seconds.

edit: lol at your thread backfire, franklinator

I recall 343 said that when you call it in, it appears randomly on the map. He just had happened to be right near the drop. Hold your horses.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I recall 343 said that when you call it in, it appears randomly on the map. He just had happened to be right near the drop. Hold your horses.

He was looking at the exact spot where it landed without any kind of notification. As soon as he went to the spot where it later dropped, the "select your ordinance" menu went away and the rockets dropped immediately. It may be a coincidence, but it really looks like you can pick where to drop it, and it comes in instantly.

Uh, so all the names at the beginning happen to be members of an Xbox Moding site. And uh, something something pink flight helmets..

Huh?

This is too good.

paQWG.png

feel

Holy shit this is the ultimate leak parody, these guys are master trolls. :bow

And yeah, gameplay looks terrible. Sprint animation in particular looks so awfully janky and unnecesary, why the fuck didn't they go with the elegance of fast no-sprint-animation gameplay.. sigh

edit-

sword sprinting.. UUUGGHHHH ffs 343i you stink

m23

The sprint looks like it lasts forever and what the hell is up with that personal ordnance? I never thought I would say this, but it really does remind me of Cod. Like seriously, who thought that personal ordnance crap was "Halo."

Top Bottom