• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

aj1467

Followin all you guys :)

Edit: I'm gonna watch Medabots till the Microsoft conference starts. Time to feel like a 9 year old again.

Ryaaan14

Banned
jLaKv.jpg

:'_D

Woorloog

Banned
My map is nearly ready. It need spawns, weapons, boundaries and objective markers. Then some testing.
How many spawns should a 5v5 map have? 100?
I'm a bit worried about the size, it is slightly smaller than Asylum so it may be a bit cramped for 5v5... Or maybe it is just a fast map? Probably suits 4v4 Slayer well though, assuming that it plays well.
There are lot of places for jumps, the talk about Powerhouse and jumps earlier inspired me to add a lot of easyish jump places. With them, you can travel diagonally across the map pretty quickly.
There are a couple of long sight lines which i really don't like since these are directly to bases, trying to use Covenant Portable Shields to break them but i'm not sure they're a good idea. Does any MM map use them? Are there any issues with them?
Also, need to figure out a good name.

Overdoziz

Banned
My map is nearly ready. It need spawns, weapons, boundaries and objective markers. Then some testing.
I'm a bit worried about the size, it is slightly smaller than Asylum so it may be a bit cramped for 5v5... Or maybe it is just a fast map? Probably suits 4v4 Slayer well though, assuming that it plays well.
There are lot of places for jumps, the talk about Powerhouse and jumps earlier inspired me to add a lot of easyish jump places. With them, you can travel diagonally across the map pretty quickly.
There are a couple of long sight lines which i really don't like since these are directly to bases, trying to use Covenant Portable Shields to break them but i'm not sure they're a good idea. Does any MM map use them? Are there any issues with them?
I could check it out later if you want, maybe give you my thoughts.

Just a quick pointer; more spawns is not necessarily better. Quality over quantity. Placing a few spawns in a few areas is better than putting them all over the place and half of them being out in the open. Just have a few areas in which you want people to spawn and place a group of spawns there.
Also, Covenant Shields are very inconsistent off and on-host. It often happens that some people can see a shield as up while others seeing it down. Best to not use them as much.

Aggrotek

Just made a twitter. xD told myself I never would but what the hell.

@Aggrot3k

I'm also gunna hop on XBL if anyone wants to send me an invite to any games feel free.

GT: Sithcore

Did you build it where I last looked when I popped in?

From the initial size of it, it looked big enough, will happily come in and have a ganders if you want any assistance/advice.

Covie Shields are fine for MM (as far as I know), a few maps have used them. Will be on in the afternoon before the MS presser tomorrow - give me a message if you see me online. :)

Woorloog

Banned
I could check it out later if you want, maybe give you my thoughts.

Just a quick pointer; more spawns is not necessarily better. Quality over quantity. Placing a few spawns in a few areas is better than putting them all over the place and half of them being out in the open. Just have a few areas in which you want people to spawn and place a group of spawns there.

Going to sleep soon (gotta stay awake tomorrow, gotta watch those press conferences), i'll show the map tomorrow or the day after (more likely).

Ok, thanks. I probably have to make some tweaks to certain corners to allowed them to work as back-up spawns, not liking them at the moment anyway.

Did you build it where I last looked when I popped in?

From the initial size of it, it looked big enough, will happily come in and have a ganders if you want any assistance/advice.

Covie Shields are fine for MM (as far as I know), a few maps have used them. Will be on in the afternoon before the MS presser tomorrow - give me a message if you see me online. :)

Yeah, it's still there.

The Covie shields stay then, for now. Though i may have to move them a bit probably.

Top Bottom