• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

You are just so anime.

AqLdV.gif

I've got no complaints about Spartan IVs aside from some goofy helmets we've seen so far. For the most part they look pretty awesome.

The helmets are my biggest problem too, really. I can get over the armor looking goofy, but I just hope there's at least one helmet that looks 'normal'.

You are just so anime.

AqLdV.gif

I've got no complaints about Spartan IVs aside from some goofy helmets we've seen so far. For the most part they look pretty awesome.
Same. Honestly, I'm not sure how the new designs look any more mech than when Halo first came out. Spartan is spartan does...

Also, this will be my pre-MS conference hype music for tonight(kind of goes with that gif lol):
It's almost time

Just came up with an idea in the IRC. Perhaps that new weapon posted in that screenshot isn't Forerunner, Human, OR Covie, but belongs to the new faction? It's so smooth, Forerunner aesthetic is very angular and sharp.

As cool as it is having MTW telling us all this stuff, I can't help but feel its ruining 343's party somewhat. Surely we can wait 7 hours and let them enjoy their reveal. All that hard work for 3 years, its gotta feel like someone taking the wind out of your sails at the last minute.

Just my two pennies. :)

As cool as it is having MTW telling us all this stuff, I can't help but feel its ruining 343's party somewhat. Surely we can wait 7 hours and let them enjoy their reveal. All that hard work for 3 years, its gotta feel like someone taking the wind out of your sails at the last minute.

Just my two pennies. :)

There's quite a difference between seeing it on a picture off of someone's TV, and seeing it being played up on the big stage by the man himself, and hearing it in interviews.

Hype is hype.

There's quite a difference between seeing it on a picture off of someone's TV, and seeing it being played up on the big stage by the man himself, and hearing it in interviews.

Hype is hype.

I know. I'm sure I'm alone, or at least in the minority with my viewpoint. Don't get me wrong, I dont care if beta stuff gets revealed, just feel a little sorry for the devs in this particular instance. Although the fact that jetpack is making a return makes me feel less sorry I'm reading it...stupid map-ruining jetpack...

monome

I know. I'm sure I'm alone, or at least in the minority with my viewpoint. Don't get me wrong, I dont care if beta stuff gets revealed, just feel a little sorry for the devs in this particular instance. Although the fact that jetpack is making a return makes me feel less sorry I'm reading it...stupid map-ruining jetpack...

Some verticality is a plus.
And if thrusters allow for some bunny humping jumping, I can see some funny fox chasing bunny situations.

zap

Ugh Jetpack and Thruster are different?

I REALLY hope jetpackers won't be able to negate your cover by flying high in the air again. Pisses me off so much in Reach.

monome

I REALLY hope jetpackers won't be able to negate your cover by flying high in the air again. Pisses me off so much in Reach.

I would like faster jetpacks if you don't get to fly high.
They may get you to have a great vantage point in Reach, they also make you a nice shooting practice.

zap

I would like faster jetpacks if you don't get to fly high.
They may get you to have a great vantage point in Reach, they also make you a nice shooting practice.

Yeah. I just get annoyed by Jetpack+Needler (seriously, it's ridiculous) and Jetpacking super high just after they have spawned to chuck a nade or take potshots at me from the other side of the map (before my shields have recharged, thanks to Reach's stupidly slow recharge).

I've recently been thinking, last year, when 343 industries announced 'The Reclaimer Trilogy', we jumped to a sizable conclusion that this means there will be a Halo 5, and Halo 6, presumably separated by a year or two. With Spartan Ops being as extensible as 343i are saying, I was thinking that it could be possible to extend the campaign, let's say every year, maybe redefine some assets, add new weapons/vehicles, etc. So rather than having Halo 4, 5, 6. All of the campaign could be playable from Halo 4, where the alternative campaigns can be purchases as either XBL DLC or Disc content, like the Halo 2 map pack.

This way multiplayer could also be given 'title' updates, adding new maps (as regular DLC), and various changes that come from game to game.

Just a thought, I thought it was an interesting concept. I'm not saying I think I'm right, though.

zap

I've recently been thinking, last year, when 343 industries announced 'The Reclaimer Trilogy', we jumped to a sizable conclusion that this means there will be a Halo 5, and Halo 6, presumably separated by a year or two. With Spartan Ops being as extensible as 343i are saying, I was thinking that it could be possible to extend the campaign, let's say every year, maybe redefine some assets, add new weapons/vehicles, etc. So rather than having Halo 4, 5, 6. All of the campaign could be playable from Halo 4, where the alternative campaigns can be purchases as either XBL DLC or Disc content, like the Halo 2 map pack.

This way multiplayer could also be given 'title' updates, adding new maps (as regular DLC), and various changes that come from game to game.

Just a thought, I thought it was an interesting concept. I'm not saying I think I'm right, though.

Halo 5 will be on the 720 I'd say. No way that they would limit themselves to old 360 tech. Would get blown away by the competition graphics-wise.

However, maps being compatible with prior titles would be an amazing add on to Halo.

Shadders

They'll want to sell the big title updates for £40/$60 though, and I think it's a tough sell to get people to pay that for digital content on console, because there's nothing else really in that price bracket. If they could get really regular Spartan Ops content then a monthly sub could be viable..

Ryaaan14

Banned
This interview is gonna be long. Do you guys want me to keep in piracy rants and make it about an hour, or cut that shit and make it like 30-40 mins?

Halo 5 will be on the 720 I'd say. No way that they would limit themselves to old 360 tech. Would get blown away by the competition graphics-wise.

However, maps being compatible with prior titles would be an amazing add on to Halo.
True. That pretty much invalidates my idea then, lol.

Although, I remember reading in the Bungie/Activision contract that Destiny was to be developed for both 360 and '720', perhaps Halo 5 will do the same?

This interview is gonna be long. Do you guys want me to keep in piracy rants and make it about an hour, or cut that shit and make it like 30-40 mins?
I don't particularly care about the piracy side of it, I just want some juicy tidbits!

wwm0nkey

True. That pretty much invalidates my idea then, lol.

Although, I remember reading in the Bungie/Activision contract that Destiny was to be developed for both 360 and '720', perhaps Halo 5 will do the same?

I think Bungie is doing that because the 720 will have a very similar structure to the 360 so releasing it on both platforms in Fall 2013 will give them more sales too.

I think Bungie is doing that because the 720 will have a very similar structure to the 360 so releasing it on both platforms in Fall 2013 will give them more sales too.
True, Destiny will be a 'Fall' 2013 release, whereas Halo 5 will probably be 'Fall' 2014.

I say 'Fall' because that's Spring for me. We call 'fall' Autumn, just thought I'd share.

monome

Guys, what do you want me to ask MTW before I close the interview?

Weapons!
Vehicles?

And I think Spartan Ops are offered as a discount to taste waters for paid-for story DLC. No way the "trilogy" is developped with on-going in mind. Retail/Big release is crucial to boost sales and fight off the competition.

I wouldn't mind if Spartan OPs morphed into a Human-Forerunner war on-going episodic series. If the "current" Halo Universe is so rich as to offer great stories with multiple characters where eveytthing meshes, I wouldn't mind annual retail releases when episodic would bring in a different flavor and focus on seperate events.
I'm not sure once the novelty has passed, that stories built around my "own" Spartan will have he same catch as those with the Chief or another major protagonist. Whereas Human-Forerunner war has the Reach problem of knowing from the start how it ends, that problem is, from my perspective, assuaged if it is brought to me like a very space-operatic episodic series. It would be akin to watching/playing a historical event, where you get fun from reliving the most important characters/events and focus on set pieces.

Is following two timelines concurrently asking too much from gamers?

Weapons!
Vehicles?
Faiirly sure he's finished!

And I think Spartan Ops are offered as a discount to taste waters for paid-for story DLC. No way the "trilogy" is developped with on-going in mind. Retail/Big release is crucial to boost sales and fight off the competition.

I wouldn't mind if Spartan OPs morphed into a Human-Forerunner war on-going episodic series.
Also true. I think it could be promising if Spartan Ops continued throughout the trilogy, building up one heck of a campaign. :dowant

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
In an interstellarrrrrrr buuuuurrrrrrrrssssssttttttt, I am back to save the Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuniverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssssseeeee

Those are promo shots so remember it very likely won't have that super crisp fidelity in game. Good stuff though.

I imagine the presentation tomorrow will be very Silent Cartographer-y. Lots of nice outdoor environments, a little hog driving, etc. A "return" to the Halo that most people in the audience/watching picture in their minds when they think of the franchise. Looking forward to it.
I still think they have to show something new/different to sell the press.

I still think they have to show something new/different to sell the press.
A mix of both. Old classic Halo gameplay + the new stuff. Josh Holmes told GameInformer that the first level only has the original Halo-feeling because to get back the players into the Haloverse. So I am thinking that the level afterwards will play differently.

So has it been confirmed H4 is opening the conference?
Yes. It has been confirmed. Do not miss the Opening, Mr PsychoWARD23.

Yep. I was hoping they finally found a solution to the jet pack while still keeping it somewhat intact. I guess not.

Top Bottom