• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

ZalinKrow

Indeed.
The least they could've done would have been add "pods" to wingtips, like in the classic desing. The lack of that small detail is my biggest gripe in Halo Reach Banshee.

I thought the Reach Banshee looked pretty cool :p *shrugs*

And damn Watch Dogs looks insane. So impressed.

With the addition of SPARTAN-IV super-soldiers into the Office of Naval Intelligence’s expansive military schema, the Materials Group has spearheaded the next generation of Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor, officially dubbed ‘GEN2.’ Now produced by half a dozen military and privately contracted manufacturers, the newest format of ONI’s prodigious armor technology comes with ad hoc modification systems, which, in addition to Armor Abilities, allows for Tactical Packages and Support Upgrades. These enhancements give Spartans the opportunity to improve their combat performance as well as personalize their actions in the field.

from Halo Waypoint

So, Frankie, does this mean we are moving away from the "Mk" designations to a "GEN" designation for the MJOLNIR? I know that Mk.VII was mentioned in Glasslands, correct? Would this just be a "Mk. VI-GEN 2"? If so, why not just call it Mk.VII?

Sorry, hypernerd clarification desired. ;-)

Overdoziz

Banned
ib1t7PmOlytcoV.jpeg
The background reminds me of Wraparound but at night.

Woorloog

Banned
So, Frankie, does this mean we are moving away from the "Mk" designations to a "GEN" designation for the MJOLNIR? I know that Mk.VII was mentioned in Glasslands, correct? Would this just be a "Mk. VI-GEN 2"? If so, why not just call it Mk.VII?

Sorry, hypernerd clarification desired. ;-)

Mjolnir Mark VII is probably same as Mjolnir GEN2, just a different way to call the same thing. Alternatively this was not yet decided while Traviss was writing Glasslands and she used the logical Mark VII.
I do wonder what the Chief's armor is now called as it is clearly different, no longer mere Mark VI. Unless it's looks are mostly a visual retcon.

Anyway, after the initial awesome impression I do come away with one negative.

Floating heads in my HUD have got to go. Especially Cortana.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even tell the different banshees apart, haha. I could if they were side-by-side, but I'd never notice other wise.

It's funny how we all have our little (or not so little) nitpicks that drive us nuts.

Woorloog

Banned
Anyway, after the initial awesome impression I do come away with one negative.

Floating heads in my HUD have got to go. Especially Cortana.

I don't care about human heads but Cortana? At least make it smaller and move it closer to the edge. Or allows us to open "Comms" menu with Back button, ODST-style.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Snarky 1 liner "gotcha" comments aside, what I've seen today has me feeling really good about Halo 4. At this point it would take a huge blunder to take that away. I can't wait to see what else comes out of this week.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the Spartan Ops thing starting... now? I'm seeing boring Sony junk.

Homeboyd

When is it coming on?

Watching the nerd machine guys on tv now?

I have 24432532 streams open and my tv on spike right now and nothing has anything to do with Halo.

Top Bottom