• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Pennybags

At the least I hope they bypass the "grenade deflector" effect Watchers do so we can finally wreck their shit using grenades.

Frag grenades seemed to do the trick.

They threw the plasma back but didn't have enough time to do the same with the frag before it exploded.

They threw the plasma back but didn't have enough time to do the same with the frag before it exploded.

No, I think he shot the flying guy and then the frag exploded into that group of enemies.

Getting kills to refill your AA meter? That's fucking brilliant!

No no, it fills up you ordinance meter, as in being able to call in power weapons, as in killstreak rewards.

I know what you're talking about, but it suspended the plasma way too long for it to be the traditional timer. I think what happened was:

Chief throws grenade.
Watcher catches grenade, disabling its shielding functionary.
Chief shoots and kills the Watcher, dropping the frag between the three Crawlers that got "summoned" by the Watcher.
Chief's hard light shot + the frag kill the three Crawlers.

Pennybags

Looking forward to more Spartan Ops stuff and that several hundred player Planetside 2 demo tomorrow.

Chief throws grenade.
Watcher catches grenade, disabling its shielding functionary.
Chief shoots and kills the Watcher, dropping the frag between the three Crawlers that got "summoned" by the Watcher.
Chief's hard light shot + the frag kill the three Crawlers.

Yup. Went back and watched it. Was just going based on my spotty memory.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So uh, has anyone talked about how the live action thingy seems to contradict what we already know about how the Infinity gets to Requiem based on Primordium. Or who is in control. Or what he is looking for.
remember the politician"repurposing" this mysterious starship is doing what ONI tells him to. The dates should clue you in to a minor subterfuge.

After seeing the Scattershot in action in the MP B-roll footage, I got an idea of what kind of grenades I would like the Forerunners to have. I would like them to be a type of shrapnel grenade that blow up and release many pieces of shrapnel that can bounce and ricochet off of walls, ceilings and floors.

Sounds like you want the spike grenade from HALO 3 back. I know I do.

nbraun80

Just read through the H4 trailer thread and it was quite refreshing to see posts start with 'I'm not a fan of Halo..' or 'Haven't play Halo since..', and actually end with '...but this looks pretty good'.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ibm9awQjil6rnU.gif

&

ibv6lM8x8ZtZV7.gif

feel

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Want want want want

edit-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBk3c4UIcGw&feature=player_detailpage#t=132s

Could someone gif that boss turn for me please? A deal with it version would be nice as well.
This trailer is so good!! So fucking hyped for both the liveaction and the game ....aaaaaaaarrrrgh

edit2-

just watched the Last Of Us video, so fucking awesome <3

edit3-
pic of my pc's innards, felt great to finish up cable management, my case looked like a bowl full of spaghetti there for a while

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Want want want want
The pistol looks weak again. Boo. After the MS conference I had to go to sleep since I work overnight and wanted to watch the Thunder/Spurs game beforehand. Just watched some of the other footage of Halo4 and it looks pretty good, much better than Reach (fingers crossed).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZ3FlcNGpU&feature=youtu.be

It's been said that the game has a very strong Metroid influence, but it also definitely has a very strong Tron influence too. I'd say it's basically a Halo/Tron/Metroid crossover.

Well, after all of today's festivities, it's time to call it a night.

Today was a great day to be a Halo fan <3.

I'm beyond excited and can't wait to see what is in store for the rest of the week.

Thank you 343i for all the hard work you're putting into this game, it looks fantastic.

153 days :'D

monome

Yo.

Don't know if it's been talked about already but :

1/ Didact is antagonist confirmed?
2/ Ship in Primordium borded by GS² is not Infinity
3/ Didact? brings Infinity to Requiem on purpose
4/ Large number of Covies is somewhat contradictory to a religious uprising and what does the Arbiter do in all this?
5/ Didact's focus doesn't seem to kill to Chief (Giant globe flees to crash site without even throwing an attack) yet animal AIs are very hostile

I suppose the antagonism betwwen The Chief and The Didact? is due to the passing of the Mantle, and the voice over at the end of the trailer specifically calls the Chief the Reclaimer.

Voice is definitely old and dangerous. Is the Didact? disembodied? how come he gets to sound old when Forerunner tech could have kept him in relative Prime?

Peace exploration is bullshit, yet it seems the Infinity is brought to Requiem and not the way around. What purpose serves bringing a top of the line Starship to Requiem?

Spartan Ops have fighteable Forerunner AIs, does this confirm the UNSC Fleet at the end of Primordium is indeed engaged in combat vs Forerunners (and vs Covies)

How long will the story drag around Forerunners when it's been already pointed at Precursors are an even bigger threat?

Why do the bipedal AIs host skeletons (clinging limbs and skeletal faces? are those Forerunners or humans? forerunners are supposed to be pretty tall)

How the fuck do Sphinxes look like?

Why on earth do I have to see the Didact?'s logo associated with an evil and old voice when he's a superb warrior, a champion of Life and the smoothest lover in the galaxy?

wwm0nkey

Wait were was the didact confirmed? the symbol at the end was similar but did not match his exactly, note the lines do not touch the edges.

Though they could have just changed his symbol a bit since he is evil now but who knows.

monome

Wait were was the didact confirmed? the symbol at the end was similar but did not match his exactly, note the lines do not touch the edges.

Allelujah!!!!

God damn me I hope it's the Master Builder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate his fucking voice, and a smooth lover doesn't choose orange as his color ;-)

Is there a capture of the logo yet?

yet the Didact is referenced to in Anniversary Terminals and the logo is a close match...fufufufufufufufufuck I hope 343i is not gonna ruin the man crush I have for the DIdact.

And by the way, the Forerunners weapons suspended animations are akin to the self building logo from trailers, they're smoother than a baby's ass, so good.

Sorry, but was there a video that broke-down what happens in the campaign reveal moment-to-moment?

I thought I glanced over a link but now I can't find it.

Thanks.

The pistol looks weak again. Boo. After the MS conference I had to go to sleep since I work overnight and wanted to watch the Thunder/Spurs game beforehand. Just watched some of the other footage of Halo4 and it looks pretty good, much better than Reach (fingers crossed).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZ3FlcNGpU&feature=youtu.be

It's been said that the game has a very strong Metroid influence, but it also definitely has a very strong Tron influence too. I'd say it's basically a Halo/Tron/Metroid crossover.

Sadly, the Magnum's main purpose in Halo at this point is just to slap the fans in the face a bit as they yearn for the days when Halo had an awesome pistol. :/

Can't wait for hopefully a good chunk of footage tomorrow.

Wolf

wwm0nkey

Has anyone else pointed out the Prometheans we went against had an orange glow where as later on in the trailer we see ones with a blue glow? Guessing the orange ones are under the Didact's influence.

Fjordson

Something happened that I haven't ever witnessed before. The Giantbomb team is unanimously impressed by Halo 4' showing.
Yeah, I saw that. Pretty neat.

I totally agree with them, though I was little surprised. I mean shit, even Watch_Dogs got swept to the side by Jeff and that looks pretty damn cool going by the demo.

TheOddOne

Some of my caps of the Spike Spartan Ops vid with useless commentary:
ib1Vi3kLj7YUig.gif

Is this Raparound? Lighting seems to have changed and looks darker now.

iypjgLNzqF8pC.gif

inbepXl21MXRj.gif

Ordanance Drop!

iOLSZLOWAhlc6.jpg

izkmlxfZkPmnp.jpg

I can only make out the helmet armor customization, seems there are 7 ways to customize your Spartan IV's.

ibhPFruFxqaeBO.jpg

Unicorns?

ibnbw44x7MPr4n.jpg

Each episode has chapters?

A couple chapters are named:
1. Land Grab
2. Sniper Alley
3. The Challenge
4. Sacred
5. Core
Also if anybody wants something framegrabbed or giffed, PM me :)

I wonder what's making the naysayers so impressed, we have barely seen anything so far, I hope it's gameplay and not graphics which are getting people on board!

Top Bottom