• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Retro

I'll send an invite. Your profile gives US as your location though, which tends to be inconvenient though, as i'm in Finland. That's, what, 7 hour difference?

Yeah, but I'm unemployed so I pretty much have all day. Or I would, if I didn't have a ton of stuff to do this week. But next week, maybe.

If it's not on file share, I'll just remember your GT and send you a message about it if I see you on.

Can't wait to hear impressions from pros today.

Do we know which pros are getting the chance to check out MP?

Was bummed about the changes to MP, but the video yesterday made me more open to the changes. Campaign looks awesome(just hope there is eventually more open areas) still just a little iffy on MP.

Oh yes Scout helmet is back. <3

Also, LTTP as I'm sure this has been dissected frame by frame but this is some kind of dash/forward boost armor ability right? All that's missing is Vanquish style rocket-knee sliding animation.

I noticed that as well; I wonder if you can strafe to the side with it. That would be nuts.

GhaleonEB

Also, LTTP as I'm sure this has been dissected frame by frame but this is some kind of dash/forward boost armor ability right? All that's missing is Vanquish style rocket-knee sliding animation.

Pretty sure that's the thrust pack. Looks like it's directional, not just vertical.

The only time someone appears to disintegrate is when they are killed with a scattershot or light rifle. Kills by other weapons seem to leave the body laying around still.

The new AI enemies disintegrate no matter what weapon you're using. The first time the Chief fights a Knight with a BR, he disintegrates afterward, leaving only the precision weapon behind. If you're talking about Forerunner weapons on non-AI, the only time we saw something disintegrate was the Elite during that scripted sequences. I'm not sure if that's how it'll be for the gameplay. If it is, it makes sense, fictionally. The weapons of the Forerunners would disintegrate the bodies of Flood/dead Forerunners so they can't be re-purposed by the Flood.

##########

You know what's going to be great? The tension during your first run that will come from knowing that Cortana will go crazy at one point. All throughout the game it's going to be like, "Okay. Is this the point she's going to go crazy? How about now?" It shifts your attitudes toward her.

Trey

Someone noticed this about a page or so back; Vanquish connection and all.

Ken

I noticed that as well; I wonder if you can strafe to the side with it. That would be nuts.

I could see it being a replacement to evade maybe? It reduces the problem of evade messing with the shape of the body you're trying to shoot at. Just a guess, I don't know.

Someone noticed this about a page or so back; Vanquish connection and all.

Okay, that's good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who played Vanquish here.

daedalius

Its basically nerfed evade; no more ball roll, but still quick lateral movement.

I always thought evade would have been fine if it had of been actually balanced for spartans instead of just copypasta from elites.

Also sparks are cool.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, but I'm unemployed so I pretty much have all day. Or I would, if I didn't have a ton of stuff to do this week. But next week, maybe.

If it's not on file share, I'll just remember your GT and send you a message about it if I see you on.

Oh, ok. I haven't added it in my fileshare yet. It's not that finished yet...
I'll add you.
Going to need 9 other players to test it later on anyway, so more the better.

Not crazy about killstreaks personal ordnance drops, but I'll wait and see how it really works.

Teabagging is obviously going to benefit from the killcam. Watch me kill you and then desecrate your corpse in FIRST PERSON.

They just added another seasons of That Mitchell and Webb Look on Netflix, for what it's worth.
Awesome! Love that show.

kylej

Banned
I've spent too much time on this post. But tl;dr shooting someone's dead body seems to set people off.

I never figured you to be a prime candidate for Halo 4 Unlimited Slayer.

Killstreaks and perks + objective holding. This is the most exciting part of Halo 4 for me, it's going to be hilarious.

in other news GET ME FORMAL HALO 4 GAMEPLAY IMMEDIATELY

CyReN

I never figured you to be a prime candidate for Halo 4 Unlimited Slayer.

Killstreaks and perks + objective holding. This is the most exciting part of Halo 4 for me, it's going to be hilarious.

in other news GET ME FORMAL HALO 4 GAMEPLAY IMMEDIATELY

Formal doesn't go to E3 until tomorrow, not sure if he gets to play H4.

Ridiculous. Hope those guys get a refund for their credits. Also, from that same thread, did they really ban you from their site simply for having halocouncil in you sig?

Long story short I had a THC sig since March, they put "No Advertising" just now, so in my sig then I altered it to "No Advertising Halo" and got banned. The irony of the whole thing is I was a mod on the site a few months back.

neoism

Will E3 is officially useless.. Nintendo's conference is suicidal worthy.... E3 is just a waste of time now. I'm skipping next year and just watching vids of the games I'm interested in.... They just don't try anymore............................................

I've been OK with Nintendo's conference so far. Although every 3rd party game shown so far has been disappointing (aside from Scribblenauts).

edit: they are dancing on stage now

"The T-55 Storm Rifle is the evolution of the standard Plasma Rifle and served various infantry during the violent Sangheili civil conflicts that followed the Covenant War. The weapon now includes a modular coil set, a high-mounted cooling shroud, and an extended barrel, all contributing to greater overall performance in the field than its predecessor."

Interesting! I was just looking at the halo waypoint new stuff and that stood out. I am just catching up on a lot, but wanted to thank everyone who uploaded footage and stuff yesterday, I was stuck between a hospital and a house in the middle of knowhere with barely any internet, it was thanks to you guys I was able to see anything.

<3

CyReN

Just not sold on Wii-U, seems like they are playing catch up but it will sell. Glad Epic Mickey 2 finally got a release date too.

neoism

Just not sold on Wii-U, seems like they are playing catch up but it will sell. Glad Epic Mickey 2 finally got a release date too.

yep never buying til a 2 times prise drops, and a HD zelda, an a HD mario is out. Fucking ridiculous. Not one fucking company understands real gamers. You know the people that are watching this shit LIVE. NO ONE CARE about shit games like this that are watching.

Shame. I need to just get a generation behind. and start reallly saving money and time from this hobby, that the industry leaders just don;t understand.

Interesting! I was just looking at the halo waypoint new stuff and that stood out. I am just catching up on a lot, but wanted to thank everyone who uploaded footage and stuff yesterday, I was stuck between a hospital and a house in the middle of knowhere with barely any internet, it was thanks to you guys I was able to see anything.

<3

It kinda preludes the course of Karin Travis' new book. Pretty cool!

Also, everything alright again?

789shadow

Banned
Every conference was bad.

Every single one.

Nintendo had nothing, even though Microsoft and Sony handed the show to them on a fucking platter.

And they still won, just with Pikmin 3. That's how bad Microsoft and Sony were.

The age of E3 megatons is over.
J2hIJ.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I take it back. Nintendo's conference was awful. I was expecting some kick ass reveal at the end. New game from Retro? New Metroid? New F-Zero? New Zelda? Nope, more Nintendo Land hub world footage. :-\

Pikmin and NSMBU look nice, but not nice enough to buy a new console.

Top Bottom